Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC - June 07 chat

Hey you guys!

Can't believe it is June already! I'm going in for a fill today but not too much of one. Still trying to get us to the kids being home now. Trying to figure how to incorporate it into my routine.

Hope to lose at least 5 lbs this month.

I'm afraid to make a commitment to anything this month! I have my brother's wedding on the 8th and we're moving into our new house the end of the month! I'm a bit overwhelmed, so I'll be thrilled with any losses this month! Actually, breaking the 100 mark this month would do it for me!

Good luck everyone!

Wow! You Made It To The 100 Mark. I Have Loss 46 Lbs With The Band And A Total Of 84 Lbs. I Am Going To A Family Reuion On The 13th Of July And Will Be Pretty Close. Only 16 More Lbs But Realisticly, I Hope To Lose At Least 10 Of Those. The Last Time I Saw My Family I Was 56 Lbs Heavier. I Have Told No One Back Home. I Can Not Wait Until Then. I Also Have A Trip In October To See My Daughter In Eugene, Or And Then On To Calif. Have Not Told Them Either. I Hope To Be Down About 30 More. This Will Be Fun!

I Have Run Into People Who Have Not Seen Me In Months And They Can See The Difference. They Were Surprised And Happy For Me. The Only Thing I See Is My Face And Neck. I Still See The Fat Woman I Have Always Been. I Sure Hope That Changes.

I Was Having Trouble With My Bra Coming Undone While At Curves. I Finally Broke Down And Bought A New One. I Was A 52d And They Put Me Into A 42g. Boy What A Difference. My Girls Are Saluting Now!

Diane

Thanks ladydi! I got on the scale this morning and found out I made it to 100 pounds...I did the happy dance in my underwear! LOL!!!

I'm still at THE SAME weight. I wish I could hang onto my motivation. I have to go on a work trip Tues, so I vowed to be really really good for 5 days. My new goal (you guys are my witnesses) is August 31st. How much weight... 20lbs. Is that a crazy goal? I want to actually MAKE the goal! Thoughts?

Also, how long do you guys REALLY feel full/not hungry after eating. I can go about 2 hours. Sometimes this annoys me...like I should be full longer. Do I need another fill? How is it for you?

Pelo,

I rarely feel hungry at all -- in fact, when I do feel hungry, I really notice it. That's probably the biggest change I have had with the band. Are you sure you are filled enough?

Libra,

100 lbs -- Wow, that's awesome. You should be so proud of yourself. Congrats!

All,

I am approaching my goal weight, which I am excited about. I am wondering a bit if I want to try and lose a bit more -- I'm only 5'3" and my goal weight is now 135. I am at 142 and wearing a size 8 in most clothes. I am feeling good about myself -- I have energy, am exercising regularly which I have not done in a LONG time, and I FINALLY feel attractive (which helps a lot because I am single). So, Robin, I can relate to your post from last month. Did you come to any resolution?

The lapband cruise leaves in 1 week and I am so excited -- it will be the first cruise I have been on that I am not COMPLETELY self conscious about being seen in a bathing suit. I can't wait to meet the other members and meet new friends in person!

Take care,

Jessica

Clarity, that is SO cool you are almost to goal. I am 5'3" as well, and 135 is my goal too! I have some friends who are 5'3" and look amazing at 120ish. I guess it's all personal, how you look with that weight could be totally emaciated...or just perfect. Honestly, I'd be elated to even be 150 right now...but I'll get there.

Maybe I wil talk to the doc about a small fill. I do have restriction, and I have had some PB issues when I don't slow down. ALso, Breakfast is pretty impossible. So based on that I thought I might be tight enough. But maybe I could stand a little tweak. It's 190$ so I'm always a but reluctant to over/under do it and need to go back in a week.

Have fun on the cruise! I want to see pics!

I am so thrilled with Libra's 100 pound loss and Jessica - your nearing your goal! You guys are amazing! I have been stuck at 174-175 since March. I do not want to get a fill because I definitely feel a restriction and do not want to increase it since I went through several weeks of pbing in March and April and do not wish to repeat. I have returned to exercise and feel the inches coming off. I have had several folks tell me I look just fine but I still want to lose at at least 15-20 more. I am in a size large and size 12. I love how I look especially my face but my legs and arms could stand to lose some more. The fat around my middle is excess so unless I undergo Tummy Tuck surgery it is not going anywhere. I do love the way I feel and look but will still like to go further. I have decided on an all out push to lose before my anniversary date of 8-2. Wish me luck. Robin

Pelo,

I rarely feel hungry at all -- in fact, when I do feel hungry, I really notice it. That's probably the biggest change I have had with the band. Are you sure you are filled enough?

Libra,

100 lbs -- Wow, that's awesome. You should be so proud of yourself. Congrats!

All,

I am approaching my goal weight, which I am excited about. I am wondering a bit if I want to try and lose a bit more -- I'm only 5'3" and my goal weight is now 135. I am at 142 and wearing a size 8 in most clothes. I am feeling good about myself -- I have energy, am exercising regularly which I have not done in a LONG time, and I FINALLY feel attractive (which helps a lot because I am single). So, Robin, I can relate to your post from last month. Did you come to any resolution?

The lapband cruise leaves in 1 week and I am so excited -- it will be the first cruise I have been on that I am not COMPLETELY self conscious about being seen in a bathing suit. I can't wait to meet the other members and meet new friends in person!

Take care,

Jessica

Pelo, a slight fill just might be the boost you need.

I can't even imagine being close to goal. That's so great guys!

Jessica...a size 8? I think I skipped right over that size! LOL!! Good for you!

Hi everyone! I haven't been around for a while, but really need to come here more often for support.

I have continued to gain since my fill (a month ago), about a pound a week, but nothing like I did when I was completely unfilled. I go in Wednesday for another fill, which will hopefully do the trick. In the beginning, when I was at my current fill, I gained a pound in a month, so I guess four pounds in a month isn't too bad.

I am having trouble breaking the drinking while eating habit. I was really good about this until I was unfilled in April and since then I just can't seem to stop. Any suggestions?

Exercizing is also missing right now. I have a membership to Curves, and I love Curves, but getting out of work with enough energy left to go is difficult. I guess I should just bit the bullet and go. I always feel so much better when I work out, but just have to remind myself of this everyday.

Well that's my confession and sob story.

Congrats to everyone on your weight loss. You are a true inspiration to me right now!!!

Steph

Steph,

I know it's difficult to get it back together after a setback but this is when you really need to focus. You need to really jump in and start a good eating and exercise program.

Come back more often for support. I find that the more I'm here, the better I do.

hey ya'll,

Hitting the road with the family to go on a quick vac. Wondering what kind of (for lack of a better word) Snacks work for ya'll. Just trying to get a few ideas ... anything would help!

I can't believe that July is almost here! Before we know it our 1 year anniversary will be here.

Thanks for the ideas.

Jennifer:D

Hey guys, I had an un-fill today. I was going insane with PBs and restriction seemed to be getting tighter and tighter. I had a total breakdown on Saturday -- totally questioning why I was even banded -- looking into revision surgery. Complete misery, tears...the works.

I went from 3.0 to 1.5. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to eat REAL food again tonight. I had gotten so used to the pain and anguish of too much restriction.

I'm seriously EXCITED to eat healthy,wholesome foods again! But I also want to be careful of too much "rebound eating" with a sizeable un-fill. I'll stay on top of it -- it's beats the alternative.

Hi everyone,

I've been absent for a while. I've been overwhelmed with my travel schedule, school out for the summer, etc. But I thought I'd share a story that happened about two weeks ago with you.

Since my last fill, I had good restriction for a while and the scale numbers were beginning to get moving. Then I noticed that more meals were resulting in PBs, especially when chicken was involved. I had read somewhere on LBT about bending forward at the waist whenever something was stuck instead of trying to vomit it up. It often dislodged the stuck piece of food. Either a complete bend over in the rest room, or my new trick was to pretend there was something on the floor and I could bend over my knee. So far so good.

Then lunch with my daughter - salad with grilled chicken just like shoe leather. The evil genie told me to eat it, so I tried. After just a few bites, I was leaning over my shoes with no luck, visiting the bathroom for a full bend -- a little bit of relief, but not much. This one is good and stuck.

Finally, as the afternoon wore on, the pain and vomiting were out of control and I asked my husband to call the ambulance. When I got to the ER and told my story, they all nodded wisely and said, "food poisoning" because it began at a restaurant at lunchtime - and I kept saying "blockage." Dr. Spivak returned my page and told me my options for getting an unfill; wait until morning and come to the office or get myself admitted to Park Plaza and get an immediate unfill. Meanwhile, the ER staff is standing around watching me thrash in pain.

The pain really peaked in intensity for a moment, and then I felt the blockage pass. When I tell them it passed, they all nodded wisely and said, "Ah, blockage." After all the vitals stabilized, I was released.

The next morning I got a total unfill and returned after the weekend for a part fill. I'm told to wait 2 weeks and return. The unfill felt great, but also released my appetite (not so great!) Next week I'll finish the refill and we'll go from there.

And the beat goes on......