Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eharmony SUCKS! Class action lawsuit underway!

I didn't know this until tonight, but eharmony does not include Gays in its services, so now they're being sued! GOOD!!! Screw them!

I hope they either get shut down or that they're forced to change their policy and include Gays and lesbians!

End discrimination now!!!

DH and I were sick of their commecials and decided to test their system. We both went throught their long survey and answered all their questions. According to E-Harmony we aren't a match. We get along like two peas in a pod and even finish each others sentences & thoughts. It makes you wonder how good of system they really have.

Well they were started by a minister....I'm not surprised. But yeah gay folk getting what they want! I met my girlfriend on line, outinamerica.com if there are gays looking, it's the place to go.

Anti queer homophopes!

I never bothered checking out that site as the commercials were a turn-off. There is another company called chemistry.com that is advertising now and offering the first 5 matches for free. I haven't looked into it because I JUST now saw that commercial.

I have a friend who paid to join E Harmony for several months. It was a real downer for her. She is a few years older than me and somewhat overweight, but not obese, and not unattractive. She's also a very good person. But all the men they matched her with seemed to be looking for trophy girlfriends.

E Harmony goes in stages....first you send a couple of messages back and forth, and finally a photo. At any point, either of you can break off communication, and that's what happened to her. As soon as they saw her photo, they were gone. Mind you, none of them were Robert Redford, but they evidently thought they were.

If I were going to use an online matchmaker, I would choose one that showed the photos right up front. What you see is what you get!

I have a number of gay friends, both men and women, who get tons of action through on-line gay dating sites. I am both fascinated and envious even though I am now happily in a relationship. Though E-Harmony shouldn't being cutting out gay folks I doubt if many gay people, at least the ones I know, would be interested in using them as a method of finding temporary or permanent love. Still, I hope the company gets its fingers smacked.

Okay, I get to disagree! :o I met my husband on EHarmony and loved the process. I liked that we couldn't see each other first - we both are widowed and 'older' (39 for me, over 40 for him) and both knew what we needed/wanted in a spouse. If you are honest in your personality profile, not just put what you wish you were, I believe it works. I got to learn about a man before I ever knew what he looked like. And for the gay/lesbian issue....go to another site - EHarmony was created on a Christian based belief system so no, they don't cater to gay/lesbian. It is no different than if I went to outinamerica.com and tried to find a heterosexual partner and then complained about it. It's okay for a business to cater only to homosexuality but not the other way around? ESPECIALLY one designed to let like-minded people meet??? I am soooo tired of that mentality.

Otherway-

There are gay Christians. FYI

And even some Christian ministries don't see gays as wholly unworthy of God's love. Strange but true.

And if you went to outinamerica and posted that you were a woman looking for a man you fundamentally could. No one would overtly say your kind are not welcome here.

It's about equal access. That's all.

And yeah, I think Eharmony is a waste of good queer dollars, but a straight people only site is like a white people only site.

Juli

Otherway-

There are gay Christians. FYI

And even some Christian ministries don't see gays as wholly unworthy of God's love. Strange but true.

And if you went to outinamerica and posted that you were a woman looking for a man you fundamentally could. No one would overtly say your kind are not welcome here.

It's about equal access. That's all.

And yeah, I think Eharmony is a waste of good queer dollars, but a straight people only site is like a white people only site.

Juli

I am totally supportive of gay rights, but I don't think a straight person could sign up on outinamerica.com if he/she wanted to. I checked, and the only options given are "male seeking male" and "women seeking women". I'd say it's a tie....both E Harmony and Out in America are discriminatory because neither offers a complete choice.

Having said that, I really don't see the issue here. Sometimes a failure to include the whole human race isn't discrimination - it's simply common sense.

I was just going to post that I could not sign up for female seeking male on that site....nor should I want to. It is a site designed specifically for male seeking male or female seeking female...and that's okay, I don't need to file a lawsuit because I was left out...I'll just go to EHarmony...or a bazillion other sites until I find the right fit for my life. (Obviously not really since I'm married but trying to prove a point!) :o

And thank you for the correction about gay Christians, you are correct. I could have used another term such as Bible-based belief system.

I am a straight Christian who believes in gay rights and marriage. I have a "Christian-based belief system".

I am a straight Christian who believes in gay rights and marriage. I have a "Christian-based belief system".

This is very, very cool, Betsyjane. :o

It does strike me that there is a peculiar climate at the moment. It is no longer legal, nor well-viewed, for majorities to enact exclusionary policies. Men-only clubs must now accept women members, and White Anglo-Saxon Protestant networks must get real and accept Jews, Blacks, Catholics, and other folks who do not fit the WASP template.

At the same time, in Australia and in Montreal, Canada, gay male clubs have demanded the right to evict individuals who are neither gay nor male. In Australia this issue has been debated in their Parliament and has been reported on internationally. As for the Montreal bit of business, well, this concerns a daughter who opted to rendez-vous with her father for a girl-dad visit at a gay bar. She ended up finding herself evicted because she is a grrl. The matter is of some interest to some Canadians.

Here in Toronto there has been a directory of black business owners for some years now. There are contests for black beauty queens. And there are women's clubs, business directories, and the like.

When Green's husband catches wind of these new inequities he tends to get real cranky. He likes to say that everyone is equal and that the goose and the gander must share the same sauce. I am inclined to feel a little differently. You see, I feel that those of us who do comprise the majority have been and still are in the driver's seat. These social and business initiatives are simply catch-up work. The truth is that many people - people who are not part of the traditional power structure by reason of their sex, religion, colour, or sexual orientation - have been handicapped and just as one handicaps a golfer so this society now finds itself allowing minorities to get away with a certain number of discriminatory activities denied to many other folk. This seems to be a phase which our society must go through, perhaps.

I met my husband on the internet on AOL 7yrs ago. I was very up-front with my ad and said that I was "built for comfort, not speed" and that "if you are looking for an anorexic, pass me by." I did not want to waste my time or theirs. My husband loved my candor and sense of humor. We have been together 7 yrs and married 1 1/2 yrs. He is my soul mate! When we talk about why we had not met before now, my reply is always, "We met when we were supposed to meet, God had a plan, and she never makes mistakes! Now kiss me, you fool!" I love him and how he makes me feel when we are together - he brings out the best in me. My son adores him and vice versa - I am truly blessed!

Eharmony is a private company. Were people required by law to utilize the service, or if it were publically funded, I could see the opinion of discrimination.

In this point, it is quite the opposite, it is reverse discrimination. It is a pay for use company. People have COMPLETE freedom to ignore and not use the service. No one is making them. None of their money is going to eharmony.

Here's the irony of it all, the gays feel that THEY should be able to make eharmony and it's customers believe in, and associate with them.

In fact, the gays, an extreme minority in this country, have far exceeded the reach of their percentages as far as special legislation and consideration for their tiny population. Watching American television, one would think that half the country were batting for the other team. Enough's enough.

You'll not see white entertainment tv. You'll never read about the white caucus. You'll never have a white pride parade. You'll never have a white history month. You'll never have a white suing the gay internet sites. This is how far we've come, and I'm glad for it. It's far past the time that people show the same respect for freedom of opinion and lifestyle instead of trying at every opportunity to degrade someone that does not hold their beliefs and lifestyle and allude that they're a bigot.

So, who's the intolerant bigot here? I say it's the gays and the American Criminal Liberties Union that are the thought police.

Martin Luther King had it all right. The people today that expect special considerations are being bigoted, discrimanitory, and exclusionists, shame on them.

The people today that expect everyone else to accept them despite the harm on society that their lifestyle causes, shame on them.

I, and every freedom loving Constitutionalist resent and are VERY intolerant towards people that expect us to disappear.