Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is Your Goal Weight at 5'5

@@brightlife0305 It gave me a giggle to read your post. My goal of 148 is from when I was 18 then again when I was 24 and was in the best shape of my life. Realistic...? I hope so. As I'm finally in ONEderland now, everyday is such a gift.

(This could be a duplicate response.)

I'm 5'5", and my goal is 150.

I am now 155. :)

Did I say ... :)?

My profile says 145 but I'm actually not sure where I will end up. I want to get involved in bodybuilding so I'm not sure what that will look like. It might be 135. it could be closer to 150 or 155. I am looking for reduction of bodyfat and an increase in muscle mass, not a specific number. But I think having some number in mind is a good thing because it helps us set goals to work for.

Good luck!

I am 5'5" and my surgeon's goal is 150, but in my dream world I would end up between 135-140. It seems crazy, given that I was 13 years old the last time I was in the 150's!

I'm 5 5 1/2 and 52. My surgeon set a goal of 138. I think I'd be happy there. I'm just starting to feel good at where I am (154). So I bet I'd really feel good if I got to that goal. 16 more pounds...I can do it.

You will know when you get there :D

You will know when you get there :D

I'm 5'6", so I set my original goal at 154, which is exactly 1 lb into the "normal" BMI range. When I got there, I decided that I never wanted to be "overweight" again, so I gave myself a 5-pound buffer goal of 149. Then, when I got to 150, I decided that I never wanted to go over 150 again, so I set my final stretch goal at 145. Which was cool, because I had seen a chart that calculated the "ideal weight" for a man of my height in his 50's, to be 148 lbs. But THEN I heard about another "ideal-weight-rule-of-thumb" calculation used by doctors, that gives you 106 lbs for your first 5 feet, plus 6 lbs for each additional inch. So at 5'6", THAT number would be 142 lbs. And you know what? Exactly mid-way between 142 and 148 is 145 lbs. So I'm going for that! (Can you tell I'm a data analyst?) My wife thinks I'm obsessed. Yep, she's right. But what's wrong with obsessing a little over such a positive thing? :o :blink: B)
Cheers all, and good luck getting to your goals, whatever they may be!!!

Edited by Rogofulm

I looked at the table and it says 99-133 (5'3" 29 years old). I honestly can't picture myself that small. I think I'll see where I can go and not let a number scare me. That being said I always thought 150 was reasonable.

Edited by amchurch12000

I'm 5'6 (30yr, F) and while I was probably that small in high school (maybe jr high :) ) I have an athletic build (swim, tennis, volleyball are my faves). also havent had kids yet. My surgeon said he could see 160 for me. I was hoping for more of 140 so if I split the difference and get to 150, I'll be thrilled. (not yet in ONEderland but hopeful it will happen near my 1 mo follow-up).

I am 5'5 and a half to be exact, I'm 36 years old, I'm at a starting weight of 229 lbs. My surgeon says my ideal weight is 135lbs but my goal weight is 150lbs. Which I'm very happy with because I would like to keep a little bit of meat on me, lol! I was always very thin as a teenager and everybody had always said I looked better when I started putting a little weight on. But I think with our height if you land anywhere between 130 and 150 you will be very happy. ???? I get sleeved on Tuesday so really looking forward to any progress! Oh and did I mention shopping, yes shopping!!! Lol

I am 5'4 and my goal weight was 170, my surgeon said 155...i am currently 165 [with a revised goal of 160]

I'm 5'5 and my goal weight is 145. I want to be in my healthy BMI.

My goal is 140 & I'm 5'4". MD is happy with 170.

I'm 5-5.5, getting sleeved in June. Just saw the surgeon last week and he said 150. Last time I was 150 I went to Cancun, wore a bikini and came back pregnant...lol!!! That was the bottom of the yo-yo, and here I am back at the top, AGAIN! Can't wait to stop playing this game and stay fit and healthy, FOR LIFE!

I'm 5'5" and had RNY in late 2010. I started at 252 lbs. and wanted to lose 100 lbs. I hadn't achieved that until 2014. Up until then, I stayed around 173 lbs. I'm not sure how I lost more weight, I wasn't trying. Now I'm thinking I'd like to get down to 140.