Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Celebrating with fitbit

I got my surgery date on Friday. I will be having gastric bypass on April 1st (lovely date huh). In order to Celebrate getting my surgery date, I ordered the fit bit flex which I got in the mail today. I was determined to get one to help keep me motivated. I want to be successful with my weight loss. I'm so excited. Has anyone else tried a fitbit?

Congrats on your surgery date and kudos for rewarding yourself with a cool new tool!!!

I don't have a fit bit but my mom has one and LOVES LOVES it. I'm not sure what hers is called, she attaches it to her bra strap to wear it all day long and then downloads the information right into her MyFitnessPal program.

I started pretty much where you are weight wise and my journey has been pretty good. Way way better than I expected on every level. Even my bumps in the road weren't as bad as I thought.

Just work your program, follow your surgeons advice and post here when you can and you will be successful!!

Good Luck!! :)

The only time I take my fitbit flex off is in the shower! They say you can shower with it but I'd rather not. It totally helps motivate me throughout the day to get up and move. And being able to challenge friends keeps us in touch and encourages each of us to move more, walk faster, walk longer, and try to win! Definitely worth having!

I just got myself the fitbit one (clip it on my bra and i forget that its there). I love that I can sync it with my fitness pal and it logs my calories and liquid intake on the fitbit dashboard.

Definitely keeps me motivated and on track.

Good luck with your surgery. April 1st….what a way to start the beginning of Spring….after all spring is about renewal……I think that goes great with weight loss surgery….this will be your renewal!

I love my Fit Bit! I am kind of hoping for an April 1st surgery date myself. Thinking I will get a date next week when I see the surgeon for the first time!

I love my fitbit flex, it's keeps me motivated!

I will be having gastric bypass on March 23th... I can not wait for it.

Good luck!

Definitely going to get this!!!

i love my Fitbit flex. It does keep you motivated and tracks everything. Well only exercises associated with steps. I am in the pre-op stage. My surgery is not till June. I wanted to try the pre-op diet for a while and use a time where I wouldn't miss much work.

They're great! I also got my fitbit pre-surgery when I first started trying to walk a bit more, and it's been great motivation and encouragement. I"m another who clips mine to my bra, and several people have gotten them where I work because of my rave over it. Got one for my husband too, only he's sort of less into it, but he still loves it when he's working his plan!

You can 'friend' people too, and see how your steps match up with theirs - also encourage each other that way.

My surgery was Jan 19 and my 50th birthday was on Jan 12, so my mom got me one to get motivated. I do love it and like the other poster only take it off in the shower. Mine is a FitBit Charge. It may be a little more than I needed - it tells me who's calling on my cellphone and how long I slept. That might be a little too familiar for an inanimate object.

I'm curious if any FitBit users have gotten the Aria scale and what they think.

I love my fit bit too. It keeps me moving

My surgery was Jan 19 and my 50th birthday was on Jan 12, so my mom got me one to get motivated. I do love it and like the other poster only take it off in the shower. Mine is a FitBit Charge. It may be a little more than I needed - it tells me who's calling on my cellphone and how long I slept. That might be a little too familiar for an inanimate object.

I'm curious if any FitBit users have gotten the Aria scale and what they think.

I bought the Aria scale and it has been worth every penny. It syncs with my fitbit app and myfitnesspal so I can always track my weight lost. It can also allow up to 8 users and it keeps everyone's info private so my husband can use it too and i can't see his weight and he can't see mine (we both know each others but it's nice to have this).

I got the Fitbit HR Charge. It is great. Totally keeps me motivated. I started out struggling to get 10,000 steps a day but am now consistently hitting 10,000+. It encourages me go to the gym when I do not want to.

@@beachgurl84 does your Aria scale track muscle mass?

I've been thinking about getting a Fitbit for months now (I'm a Slow shopper) and an kinda interested in the scale aswell.

Part of me still things maybe this is just too over the top for me, but it seems fun :)

At first I thought it was just a gimmick, but it has helped me a ton. Just to know that I walked 10000 steps makes me feel like I have accomplished so much. You can even invite your friends to be part of a group and it posts everyones steps for the week. It is fun and challenging. You also get a dashboard that you can view on your computer or smartphone that shows your hours slept, calories, etc... I linked mine to MyFitnessPal so I can see exactly how many calories I have consumed and burned off.