Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long was your hospital stay?

If you have chest pains don't worry it's not a heartattack it's the gas they pump you with during surgery it passes but I strongly recommend a heating pad and to walk around the house. To make it better.

Surgeon said I would stay two days. I guess if I go late in the day it might be two nights; if I get in early, maybe one night. I would like to stay in for a few days and get some quiet me time, lol.

I would voice this with your surgeon and the hospital. Most stay fro 1 to 2 days. I stayed overnight but I left a little to dehydrated and had to go to the ER the day after due to complications with that, but that was me and being a bit stupid. I wanted the hell outta there and didn't let my body decide. I just hate hospitals. Make sure you listen to your body after to not end up like I did lol good luck!

Edited by Kiwwi1991

I had surgery around 10:30am wednesday, and was discharged at 6am thursday. No nausea, no vomitting. The staff was amazing. I got some extra iv fluids before I left. I feel very fortunate, that my only real issue is my lower abdomen, where they pulled my stomach out, hurts. It feels like I am ripping something inside when I move. Gas pains have mostly gone away.

My surgery was at 6:30am and I was home by 4pm that same day. Was up walking the halls @ 9am. My surgeon doesnt keep sleevers overnight unless there is an issue. They just made sure I could walk a certain distance, pee a certain amount, get an ounce of Water down every 15 minutes, no nausea or vomitting, got 2 bags of Fluid in me and pain level was okay.

Edited by savedbysleeve

I was in for 3 days...but I'm an expat living in Mumbai. My surgeon was top notch. The nurses were completely incompetent...IV leakage into tissues, not using bottled Water to clean out medicine cups, not wearing gloves unless I asked them to. Hospital room was the a Presidential suite and I had cockroaches in my bathroom. Lot of pain first day or so..but it ebbed so I could sleep properly. But my Doc was amazing.

I had the sleeve on 2/16/15 I was at home in my recliner by 4pm the next afternoon. But everything went smooth with postop care. I had to be able to drink so much and hold it, have clearance from physical therapy, and of course from the MD.