Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Afraid I don't have it in me...

Well here I am. Sitting at about 177-179 lbs, which is not bad considering about 18 months ago I weighed close to 260. But I was hoping to be at goal or better. Snag! I let my guard down. I stopped using my tool. I thought I had beat the beast into submission and would never have to worry or work again...NOT! So I have bounced back up from my low 5K weight of 174. You know the time when I felt like GI Jane...Kicking ass and taking names...bullet proof.

I came back from Christmas vacation determined to start running/jogging regularly again. Then my knee started to hurt. I have scaled back my "crap eating" again. So at least I've slowed the mutiny.

I guess I'm using this post as a confessional. Admitting to God and everyone in black and white that I slipped up. I simply have to accept that I'm a recovering "fatty". I will never be able to eat chips whenever I want. I will need to exercise regularly to maintain my weight loss or even ever get to where I want.

disappointed, frustrated...but maybe a bit hopeful too!

send some good vibes my way...I'm hoping to be back on the wagon soon! Happy 2015 to all my WLS comrades! Good luck fighting to good fight.

sas :unsure:

Don't be too hard on yourself! We all fall down off the wagon, but we shake ourselves off and get back up and live to fight another day! And what a fight it is! We can still win this war, that was just one battle! We can make it, sleeve soldier!

Sending you nothing but good vibes!! :D I feel where you're coming from. I lost weight pretty rapidly the first year to 16 or 18 months as well. Then I realized I could eat whatever I wanted and not get sick from anything and if I worked out, I pretty much stayed within a 2-3 pound range. That's all fine and dandy until life hits you in the face! The unexpected death of my sister, job stress, surgeries, a cancer scare, and then the death of a beloved pet in the past 3 months has lead to me falling into old habits to just "get by" until I could finish the thing causing me stress at work and actually take time to grieve the loss of my sister. STUPID choice on my part! Life didn't stop while I was trying to get myself back in order and I paid for it by putting on 14 pounds. I've lost 4 of that in the past week by making time for ME again and I know it's not going to be easy to NOT take the easy way out and go back to old eating patterns in the future, but I have to keep reminding myself that I'm worth more than that! Not to mention that there's now a voice in my head that tells me to "suck it up" because I'm sure my sister would still like to be here living the life she had with her husband and kids, so I should take advantage of the life I have and live it FULLY!

5# regain is the right time to kick it back up a notch. 5# is NOT 50# and is very very doable! You got this!

I think it's a mistake to think that the regain of 5 or 15 pounds is the end of the world.

Not long ago I posted that I thought it would make sense if WLS patients were *required* to gain 10 pounds and then figure out how to re-lose the weight.

Seriously!

If we can't figure out how to lose regained weight, I don't know how we're going to maintain our weight.

Just consider this next few months your graduate WLS course. :)

Very, very best to you both. :)

Edited by VSGAnn2014

Sending you good vibes! You can do this, we have all been there and are cheering for you!

first step: you did it. got back on here. acknowledging the err in your ways. I feel that you will be back on track in no time.

Sending good vibes and prayers. This is a journey we all will have ups and down. The good part is that now we recognize it early and pick ourselves back up and jump back on the saddle. We will do it together. God bless