Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well this morning I finally made it to goal! It took me exactly 7 1/2 months to get here and I'm totally thrilled with the entire journey! For those wondering how it happened so quickly, I can only say that I followed all the rules meticulously: 80-100 grams of Protein, no starches/sugars, some veggies, no booze/soda, and 64-120 ounces of Water every...single...day, plus daily walking and once a week workouts. I always had a plan for what I was going to eat, even at parties and restaurants, and if I deviated from the plan, it was always protein-based, like cheese, nuts and beef/turkey Jerky. So... going in, was I worried about missing out on food? Yes. Did I feel deprived during my journey? Nope, as my tag-line says, "Nothing tastes as good as slender feels!" What's next? Lose 4-5 more pounds so I can have a little wiggle-room and still stay at or below my goal weight. Will I go crazy now and eat all the stuff I've missed? I don't think so because I've tried to get my head straight about this being a lifelong effort. Can you do it too? Absolutely!!! Thank you to all who have given me support and guidance along the way. I hope I was able to help you too. And my plan is to keep coming here and posting my message about The Dreaded Week-3 Stall, because it almost broke me at the beginning of my journey. I wish everyone who reads this a world of success!!! If you want to ask questions or get tips on how I worked my program, send me a message and I'll try to give you a thoughtful answer. Okay, here are some embarrassing photos and some slightly less embarrassing photos.....

Before & After February 2015

Before & After February 2015b

Before & After February 2015c

Edited by Rogofulm

Well this morning I finally made it to goal! It took me exactly 7 1/2 months to get here and I'm totally thrilled with the entire journey! For those wondering how it happened so quickly, I can only say that I followed all the rules meticulously: 80-100 grams of Protein, no starches/sugars, some veggies, no booze/soda, and 64-120 ounces of Water every...single...day, plus daily walking and once a week workouts. I always had a plan for what I was going to eat, even at parties and restaurants, and if I deviated from the plan, it was always protein-based, like cheese, nuts and beef/turkey Jerky. So... going in, was I worried about missing out on food? Yes. Did I feel deprived during my journey? Nope, as my tag-line says, "Nothing tastes as good as slender feels!" What's next? Lose 4-5 more pounds so I can have a little wiggle-room and still stay at or below my goal weight. Will I go crazy now and eat all the stuff I've missed? I don't think so because I've tried to get my head straight about this being a lifelong effort. Can you do it too? Absolutely!!! Thank you to all who have given me support and guidance along the way. I hope I was able to help you too. And my plan is to keep coming here and posting my message about The Dreaded Week-3 Stall, because it almost broke me at the beginning of my journey. I wish everyone who reads this a world of success!!! If you want to ask questions or get tips on how I worked my program, send me a message and I'll try to give you a thoughtful answer. Okay, here are some embarrassing and some not-so-embarrassing photos.....

Congratulations on getting to goal, you look awesome ???? it's amazing to know, sticking to your plan really can get you to your goals!!

Congratulations Sir! Awesome work!!

Congratulations and thank you so much for posting your story and photos. This helps motivate me a ton, or should I say bunch. I think I'll say bunch. :)

I love your stall post. I've read it at least 5 times now because it's a good article!

Congrats!!!

I HOPE you feel as good as you look! Cause you look wonderful!

Amazing transformation, you shaped up so well. Lucky you! Congratulations!

great work and dedication.

Good job!

I am so jealous of your skin. I look like a Shar-Pei with my clothes off.

Thanks! Yeah, well let's just say that the waistband on my shorts is strategically placed. :wacko:

Thanks, everyone, for all the kind words!!! It's been a fun time, and the journey continues. I was below my goal weight for exactly one day. For the past 3 days I've bounced around 1/2 – 1 pound over it. And THAT'S why I need to continue towards my 4-5 pound stretch goal – to provide a buffer so I'm not constantly hopping back and forth across the goal line. But for now, to continue the football analogy, I'm claiming forward progress! :rolleyes:

Thanks! Yeah, well let's just say that the waistband on my shorts is strategically placed. :wacko:

lol, my strategic placement spot would have to be somewhere around my collar bone!