Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any tips for soda cravings?

I'm a month post op and actually stopped drinking soda 3 weeks before that, now I'm just want to grab a soda and chug it. It's completely random but crippling! Lol

I haven't had a soda in over 2 years. can't say I miss it but I was never a big soda fan. I use Wyler's peach tea, lemonade or flavored Water (non carbonated). I also drink coffee . not sure if there is anything out there to take the place of a soda.

My doc told me if I had to...drink it flat. Not saying that's the best idea, but maybe a couple sips of flat soda just to get passed the craving will do it.

when you are a little further from your surgery date you (with your doctors permission) could try soda. I used to be a big soda drinker prior to surgery but gave it all up until recently. once in awhile I enjoy a diet soda like ginger ale or cola but I now noticed I get real bloated after drinking one. it's just not worth the discomfort. but you might do just fine. but plz always discuss with your doctor, he or she maybe really against any carbonated drinks.

I quit drinking it when I had to lose weight in order to have the surgery and I found out I was more of a soda addict than a food addict, I got headaches and would even dream I was drinking it I stopped drinking it cold turkey in May of 2014 before my band and the cravings get easier, twice I have had the diet version, I was out and about and didn't have my wallet and really needed Fluid and got it out of a machine, I sipped it very slowly and it really wasn't even all that good. If you have to drink it, put tons of ice in it and let it get kinda flat. I find that flavored coffee is a wonderful replacement, also lemon Water and crystal light.

I still drink diet soda..usually ginger ale, my nurse said it was fine

I was never a big soda drinker. Drinking Water was one of the few things I did right! But lately I have been craving one. It's so weird. My hubby drinks diet root beer and there are days that I just want one! Cracks me up. I have had a few sips here and there. It does sate the craving but if I were to have more than a sip I feel boated. And that isn't worth it.

They make a few different drops that you can add to Water to make it taste like soda. For example I know they have orange Fanta flavor. Another idea is a slurpee that is soda flavored. Tastes like soda but without the painful carbonation.

Can only drink like flat coke zero , yet have been just drinking the spark Vitamin packets - they seem to help me out with the craving. Welcome if interested to message me. Hope this helps :-)