Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post sleeve surgery---water diarrhea

OK all..can I please ask if loose watery stools post sleeve is normal? They tested my stool for C-Diff and it was negative. I'm on full liquid diet. Everything I put into me comes right out. Sorry for the tmi. But wonder if anyone has had this too? How long will it last? Thanks

Not me. I've had a yellow pasty poo since surgery.

I had that exactly, lasted about 2 weeks then went away, the doctor said it was okay but just to make sure you don't get dehydrated :-)

I had very watery diarrhea for the first week. It wasn't the greatest time of my life, but at least I knew everything was moving on through. Things got normal quick after that and now it's keeping enough Fiber in to avoid Constipation. :)

A small price to pay for a healthier lifestyle.

Hang in there!

Thank you!

Tomorrow is my one week mark and I am going from watery to soft, called after 3 days of the watery and was told it could last into week two, it gets better ;-)

Thank god I saw this! I been 5 days post op and can't get to the bathroom fast enough.. Hoping it will subside soon.

I'm 6 days post op and its getting better. At least its not constant.

Its getting better. But still there. Just not as frequent. How are you? I'm ready for something besides clear/full liquid

I had that too! It gets much better, I still have it on occasion (as they say, Never trust a fart LOL) but not nearly as much. On of my friends had surgery 3-years ago, she assures me it will stop completely.

I had that too! It gets much better, I still have it on occasion (as they say, Never trust a fart LOL) but not nearly as much. On of my friends had surgery 3-years ago, she assures me it will stop completely.

I had the same issue, even tested negative for cdiff. It got alot better by 2 months.