Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your Costco staples!

I was interested to know how you decided to have the sleeve revision after lapband. Did the band fail in some way? I am almost 6 years post lapband. Thanks and hope you continue on your healthy journey.

I was banded in 2001. I never did super great but lost 70# in a year then I started uncontrollably reflux. Eventually all fill had to come out and I regained plus more. By 2011 it had slipped too. I was one of those people who never found the sweet spot, for me the band either didn't work or it tortured me or sometimes both.

I was interested to know how you decided to have the sleeve revision after lapband. Did the band fail in some way? I am almost 6 years post lapband. Thanks and hope you continue on your healthy journey.

Thanks for these costco tips -- I'm a new member there. We live far away but go down for a haul once in a while. It's a bit overwhelming -- I have to be in the right head space just to walk in the door, lol. I was happy to find organic roasting chickens and thighs -- we cook with thighs frequently. I can't wait to find those salmon patties, Jane -- thanks for that. I'm a salmon snob, too! I always buy avocados there -- don't know how they source them but they are so much better than the grocery store variety. And cheese, I am a sucker for cheese. Thanks whoever mentioned hemp hearts. I'm always looking for stuff to put in my greek yogurt so I have to chew it a little -- otherwise for me its a slider food. Friday I'm going down there because I assume they will have flowers. Having a Valentine's party and people will bring a vase and some flowers to share. Fun! I will buy some crapoy heart-shaped Cookies to serve but thanks to WLS will not be tempted. If I am, I will have one, but I doubt it. But chocolate, that's another story!

Thanks for this post. I joined costco just because they are the only place to buy Premier Protein in anything bigger than an overpriced 4-pack around here and have not really figured out what else to use it for, haha. These suggestions are good!

More ideas..produce:

campari tomatoes actually taste like tomatoes!

Box of blueberries is a great snack

Bag of cut up raw cauliflower or brocoli

Lettuce I(romaine, spinach )

Premier Protein goes on sale for 5off a few times a year.

I also buy many household items like paper towels, TP (I have storage space),dog food, kitty litter.

Bao5 drinks (<=5 calories)

Pure Protein bars

frozen berries to add to yogurt

Kirkland Greek Yogurt - higher Protein than FAGE

Bao5 drinks (<=5 calories)

Pure Protein bars

frozen berries to add to yogurt

Kirkland Greek Yogurt - higher Protein than FAGE

I buy all that, too! Love that Bai5 drink! I usually have one a day.

costco and I have a loooong time love affair going on, whats the name of that song ? " If loving you is wrong , I don't want to be right ?" Yeah, that pretty much sums it up !!! Loved the above ideas, I agree on the "fresh" salmon (ha !), their "farm fresh " salmon is horrible ! Farm fresh means the fish has been swimming in a cage absorbing its own waste through its gills ! Tasted horrible ! I would rather spend extra money on real fresh fish, or catch my own ! Nothing better ! As far as Costco ? Frozen chicken breast and thighs , roasted chicken, canned Beans, canned Tomato products for home made spaghetti sauce, Preimer Protein Drinks, turkey Jerky, Belvita Breakfast biscuts, Propel Water, steak , ground turkey burger, canned tuna, Babybel cheese, etc.........mmmmmm, sigh.......just about anything else. Oh ! And if you see the packages of "Sommersaults " , buy them ! Crunchy little sunflower nuggets, addictive !!

@SeahawksFan Don't ever hesitate buying something from costco. They are GREAT about returns. If you purchase something and you don't like it you can return it, no questions asked. That's one thing we love. I hesitate sometimes buying in such large quantities since there are only three of us in my household, and now really only 2 1/2 (LoL).

Oh my goodness!! I found these the last time I went to costco and just picked up more I loved them so much! Great with Nut Crackers, a Tomato, celery, or just right out of the cup! 8-4oz servings, and each serving is:

150 calories

4 grams of fat

13 grams of Protein

17 grams of carbs

My new favorite lunch or even dinner. It's delicious!

post-212472-0-31910900-1424127802_thumb.jpg

Wonderful thread!

I hit up the Jerky aisle too. I really like the taste of the golden island pork jerky (Korean flavored)

Golden-Island-Korean-BBQ-Pork-Jerky-Cost

I just went yesterday and spent $550!!! I did get silverware (my kids had us down to three large spoons and no little ones) and renewed my membership, but $450 of that was food. I have three kids and my two boys eat non-stop.

I buy a lot of Soup (chicken tortilla, veggie quinoa, tomato) because my kids take it in their lunches in their thermoses. I also buy them Go-gurt and myself Chiobani 100 Greek, coffee (I do caffeine in am and Decaf in evening, but can't find decaf at Costco), individual hummus for daughter, lots of produce, Protein bars and drinks, chicken and fish.