Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your Costco staples!

I am at maintenance and over the years have found great stuff at costco like premier Protein. Here are a few Protein sources that are in my convenience food rotation now. Note I don't eat Buns or bread with any of this (too much) but might have with lettuce or something. I am 3 years post op.

the salmon patties are delicious on a small bed of lettuce and Tomato. i use white balsamic vinegar and just a bit of olive oil

post-122684-14232459311291_thumb.jpg

post-122684-14232459918017_thumb.jpg

Edited by CowgirlJane

Salmon filets...marinade is quite good.

post-122684-14232461275754_thumb.jpg

post-122684-14232461504533_thumb.jpg

Two of these skewers is very filling even 3 years post op.

post-122684-14232462139746_thumb.jpg

post-122684-14232462382786_thumb.jpg

These are delish.

They don't carry the 100 calorie Italian chicken sausage they used to....

post-122684-14232462946216_thumb.jpg

post-122684-14232463215378_thumb.jpg

My newest find. These are way too big to eat with anything like a bun so it is knife and fork time!

i like the salmon patties better taste wise, but it is good to try something new!

All these products are my "fast food"

post-122684-1423246580077_thumb.jpg

post-122684-14232466041217_thumb.jpg

Edited by CowgirlJane

Thanks for sharing. It's always hard to try something new from costco since it comes in bulk I hate to buy it and then if I don't like it throwing it out. I will give a couple of these a try. Those stuffed chicken patties look amazing. Also thanks for the pictures. That helps when I am looking for the package.

Have a great weekend-

LA

Hemp Hearts! Taste like supper soft and chewy sunflower seeds. I add to my greek yogurt as well as to salads. 10 grams of protien for 3 TBS ... a little pricey in the calories but I really love the stuff!

First and foremost, I love the Tequila Lime Shrimp back in the prepared foods section (near the rotisserie chickens). They are delicious. Very tender and flavorful and because they come in one poundish increments, I can finish them off over a few days. I do add a sliced up ripe avocado and a bit of extra lemon juice.

Their chicken salad is good, but the package is too big, IMO. Same with the mayo based shrimp salad. I will bring these dishes to parties, though.

I also keep the dutch Gouda (unsmoked) in my house at all times. If you wrap it well, it will keep for months. I just hack off a hunk for a snack. Here's a picture: https://www.flickr.com/photos/touch_of_dutch/4245222038/?rb=1

Babybels are great.

Almonds
Avocados

I like the flash frozen salmon portions. They are whole salmon fillets but only a few ounces per piece. They are vacuum sealed, so you can thaw them individually. http://www2.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=10253394&whse=BD_823&topnav=bdoff

Phillips Crab Cake Minis.

And Kirkland's coffee. It's Starbucks brand in a far cheaper package.

Great suggestions - i absolutely must try that shrimp since i love seafood! I too buy my coffee at costco.

I am a salmon snob however and simply do not, on principle, buy Atlantic or farm raised. :)

post-169691-14232755021335_thumb.jpgJust bought this yesterday. Sorry don't have a picture of the nutritional info, but it was 200 calories for 5 oz and 24 gram Protein. Very good, too.

I haven't seen those chicken skewers but I want them. Where are they usually located?

@lipsticklady. These are great ideas. I've often pondered buying the Gouda, now that I know it's good I will definitely pick up in some. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the lime marinated shrimp up here in Alberta - to bad 'cause I would buy this all the time!

Michigan chic - that is new around here, I bought my first pack of those stuffed chicken patties and i agree they are a "Protein bargain"!

The skewers are near the deli... in those mysterious aisles where they keep moving stuff around. Last time I was there, the chicken skewers were near the healthy sausages. I hope they keep carrying those - what a great quick meal! i put a little asian inspired dip on the plate and eat them that way. Very filling 150 calories (plus the dip!)

It was a pain to upload the photos, but yes, it is easier to "spot" stuff if you have seen the package before!

If you like salmon, don't discount the patties. They don't have a bunch of filler crap and taste really good. They are one of my lunch staples.

@@CowgirlJane I agree, it's easier to find things if you've seen the package. The only reason I had that picture was because I had sent it to my daughter who also had the sleeve, recently.

I am going back to look for those skewers! I might have to try a couple of different locations because I've noticed they don't all carry the exact same stuff. Usually the one in Ann Arbor has a little more than the one I go to in Toledo.

I don't know about you, but I LOVE convenience foods that are high quality and healthy. I used to be a from scratch for everything kind of girl, but no more. Since my sleeve, I avoid prolonged contact with food. I stay out of grocery stores, recipe books, and the kitchen if possible. I've found the less time I spend thinking about it, the better!