Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting back...banded 3/20/08

Hey everyone! I'm back. Wow I've gotten older and these trips are kicking my butt. No sleep on the ride down or on the ride back. The trip was great and the memories amazing. Welcome to all who have joined us. I think I have caught up on everything and ready to get back to work. New focus to get the rest of the weight off before a trip in September. No reason I can't do 5 lbs a month. I find have something to focus on keeps me going.

Anyone else have any tips to help everyone?

Welcome back, I have been back for just a few days from my bday trip to ny. I ate red meat! From 1 week to return there was a drop of 6 lbs. but I think those 6 were stress related. Wondering where our team members are. Oh and I drank sweet wine. Maybe after the d and c on the 17 I will perk up. But now I am quite sleepy. Hugs

Ilene...are we the only ones left? Congrats on the 6 lbs! I really want to get into the gym. Trying to figure out a time that will work an I'll stick with. Prayers for the 17th. Let me know how it goes.

Hey sorry ladies I abandoned y'all! I got serious with Portion Control and have lost 17 lbs in 4 weeks. I went thru a chiropractor and am doing this program called Chirothin. There's another called ShapeReclaim that's very similar. If y'all are serious, you need to ck it out. I look at it like this, we already invested the risks of surgery, the out of pocket $$ and still have the struggle after all these years. So, I bit the bullet and invested more $$. BUT I'm back on track, my weird stomach issues are now non existent and I'm losing. And it has nothing to do with my band. Still glad I have it, just found this program to help me gain control again. Good luck ladies. I'm so happy with this that I'm actually going to delete my acct here. I am closer to my goal than I've been in 6 years. And I'll make it this time. Already back in my size 6's! What a feeling!

We miss you. Sounds like you are doing great. Just wondered why you will delete your act here. Don't u still have the band? I am sure that you will be a success in what ever you do. Size 6 wow that is fantastic. Hugs to you. If u ever want to email me. You can at lizybird@aol.com. I always want to keep in touch with fellow Laplanders. Hugs. Ilene

Yep, it's you and me. I have been throwing up today. And my stomach is feeling bad too. Cramps .. No one gives me a break, they can't understand how nervous and scared I am. Maybe that is why I turned to food. Yes I am sure that many women have had a d and c before me but I never did.

My friend try's to play devils advocate, all that does is make me hate her.

I have always shown true compassion when others have been scared.

I know that I am 67 years old now. But that makes no difference to me.

But for us, I know it will take us a while to get back to basics. If loosing weight, and exercising was easy, every one would be thin. We R All human.

I could use some help! I'm 64 & post lapband by almost 7 years. Starting over AGAIN after a complete unfill in November for the second time. I have a fill appt next Wednesday. I lost 80 pounds originally but regained a lot. I have to make this tool work for me. Sweet grand babies to enjoy!

I could use some help and support. I am 52 and 4 years post band. Initially I did very well and was losing at a good rate. About 7 months after my band surgery I had major foot surgery and was none weight bearing and in a cast for 6 weeks - no exercise. I lost my momentum after the surgery. Then had to have the same surgery on the other foot. I regained some of my weight and feel like I am starting over.

hello ladies, d and c is over and i am fine and will not have any surgery. yay

now what are we going to do about us???Its been a while since I was a leader on sparkpeople.com.

i would love it if we can write down some ideas for us to get our Momentum....or do we use the word deisre.?

would you gal be interested in doing that? I cant do this on my own. I will begin with some idea that my hubby mentioned..... I was not having prepared lapband friendly food in the fridge. How about you gals do you have that? or do you pick at what ever is in the fridge? I will look forward to reading your idea and answer.

I need this..i only have 25 lbs to relose. last night a ??friend??? called me on the phone and asked me how much I weight. It really got me quite pissed. I told her that I didnt want to discuss it with her. and hung up.

any thoughts?