Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting back...banded 3/20/08

I on a different pad tablet, space and am ok to dictate what I want to say. I am hoping that my new feel bill backspace will be working better for me than 2 days ago. Bass I attempted to send this tablet back but it is too late now it is very difficult for me to use my ipad wiz bariatric pal. Bass the word bass is have the ipad the pad here types face

Lol. Sorry, but...... Lol.

Hi All

I am hoping you will not mind an Aussie joining in this group. Iam Chez (chezcando). I was banded in march 2007. 105kg The weight came off at the start with little effort but then slowed and I responded with more Fluid in the band getting caught up in the tightening/ restriction madness until only small high cal soft foods passed. I had the Fluid removed when I went on a holiday overseas and was fearful of complications and cost of fixing problems in America and Europe. Needles to say some of the weight returned . I had fills on my return but not as tight I now can eat salads. A combination of not eating wisely and not exercising finds that in 2015 all the weight has returned and a bit more at 110 kg.. I once again feel fat and bloated. I have turned 50.and find that I have some inflammatory/ arthritis process both in my ankles and hands. So I really need to get the right mind set and get proactive again to start working with the band and start loosing the weight. My husband has never liked the idea of the band and working in medical he only sees the complications of banding so is fearful of erosions etc occurring , he has made it knowen he would be happy for me to have the band out especially if its not working. I too worry about the long term effect of the band on the stomach I suffer from reflux and heart burn with the band ( another reason to run looser) But I cant see a sleeve operation being of benefit if I cant get the band to work for me, I am really fearful of just how fat I would become with out the band especially if I haven't mended my ways. I do not want to be old and really fat. I could do with a little support as I am not comfortable chatting with hubby knowing how he feels. :( Cheers Chez

\

How is it going ladies? Holding here, but need to kick things in a high gear. Don't know if I'm not getting enough Protein or if this is a matter that I'm older an it's not going to come off as easy. My snacking if there is any is almonds or yogurt for the most part. I was am to go back down in a pants size. Can't get into all my 10's but it's a start. I'm trying to keep notes of the physical changes I see and the weight is coming off also. Right now it's in my stomach the most.

It's going to be a great Spring day here! Hope the weather is nice there.

Hi Chez,

Sorry I didn't read before I posted today. Welcome to the group! We are all at different places with our band journey, but love to have you join us. We each set our new start date and have been checking in. I had a big problem with snacking all day. Meals a little bigger then they should be and not drinking my Water. Oh, and I hate to exercise. Working on all of it and have ladies here to talk too and keep me going. You can do this!

Hello gals. I have not rec any bariatric emails in a while. I might have clicked the wrong tab. I had a fill and was so tight that I was throwing up all week. Then I went back and she took out about .3. I lost 5 lbs from that week. I am going to check on the other posts have a great day.

I had a good week last week . Got back to basics Protein and logging everything after I weighed in and was shocked . A wake up call . I lost 6.9 last week which is probably Water but I'll take it . Went to gym everyday too . Feel better and motivated .

Hope all are doing well .

Hey all!! Well I am in a similar boat but didn't do as well as you all. I got banded in Oct 2012 did well and lost 65lbs, had a friend come visit for a couple months and since then it was down hill. Gained most of the weight back, lost my job ( insurance ) so It has been about 1.5yrs since I've had my band checked.

I have since been yo-yo ing 20lbs. I found out I had Pcos and well I now I know why I had such a hard time losing weight while really changing my whole lifestyle. I am getting that under control so I should lose weight now. I am so tired of being this over weight. I am 110% ready to get this under control finally. Oh! I can also pretty much eat the way I did before the band. I do get stuck often.. I forget to take small bites and wait.. anyway.. HELPS! lol

Also!! I am here to help in return as well. Over the years I have learned so much about health and fitness.

P.S. I was thinking of starting with the 2 week pre op liquid diet as well!!!

Hello everyone. I am out of sorts right now. Tomorrow, I find out if I will be having a Hysterectomy. My mind is someplace ,but not here. On April. 1 I will be leaving to ny. And will return in a week. Hopefully, I will be able to relax a bit. I wish all of you a happy Easter. And will look forward to reading great news on my return. Hugs. Ilene. Ps. My Cholestrol has dropped...

Glad to hear from everyone. I was beginning to get a little worried. Ilene...so sorry for all you are going through. Hopefully you can get some answer quick. Have a great trip and enjoy it!

Hope.in.NY...great job! We are going to get there.

Destynee...welcome to the group. Love having new people join in.

Headed to Disney on Wednesday. Going to do a lot of walking and hoping to drop a few lbs while there. So ready for some warm weather. I'll check in when I get back.

We got this! I actually felt good in an outfit I had on yesterday. Been a while.

Ilene my prayers are with you! Have a safe trip! Sahm thanks for welcome :) and BIG GRATS!! on feeling great in clothes!! that is always sooooo awesome!! :D

Hello. I will not be having a Hysterectomy. I will be having a d & c instead.

Thanks for your well wishes and prayers.

Welcome to our team Destynee.

Hi there. I hate to say it but I'm in the same boat too. I had my lap band surgery in March 2010. Starting weight of 269. I am 5feet 3 inches tall and I lost 75 pounds and was able to maintain that loss for 2 years. Couldn't seem to get lower. I have always been a stress eater and the last 2 years I have gained back 50 pounds and feel horrible. I am 62 years old with three different kinds of arthritis and fibromyalgia. This is the reason I had the surgery, to help with the pain I have from these ailments. The last 2 years have been extremely stressful at work and home. I live by myself and have turned to food to relieve the stress. I am going back to my Dr. on the 15th of April for a checkup and adjustment and to meet with a nutritionist. My health is really poor and I know the weight gain is partly the cause. I really need a mentor and support so I can get back on track. I kept thinking that the band wasn't working, but I know it was me that wasn't working with the band. I want to be healthy and strong and able to do the things I love when I retire. Losing the weight is a big part of that. Is anyone willing to mentor me and help me out?

Hi Dafster, Hugs to you. What a big boat we have here. LOL.. It seems to me that we have been quite busy with our lives lately. We all have the same past and we have the same goal.

During the past few pages, I see that we have all been doing something that we should not have been doing.

It isnt what we dont eat. Its what we do it. It really isnt the band thats failing us either. I think this situation happens to all of us.

When we are sick or depressed the meds that we might take keep us from losing weight. Some even put more on us.

My friend Carol in London says this. If you take in more calories than you work off, you wont loss weight.

I am leaving for a 1 week trip tomorrow morning. Then will be having a d and c. on the 17th. So I cant focus right now.

but i am sure that thecrackers slathered with butter should not have found my mouth this am. I cant imagine how it got in there. Talk later when I get back. hugs.

Hi Everyone. Typical i get myself all geared up to work with this band and get back into the healthy eating and weight. loss even started getting the scales to drop a little, most likely Fluid but it was a downward trend. Bam life gets in the way. Feeling a little off so I went to the doctors. MY blood test showed I now have hyperthyroidism. In the grand sceam of things its not too bad but jI am just feeling shitty and sorry for myself at the moment. I seam to have most of the symptoms but the "weight loss" Typical!! Good thing though is my cholesterol etc are great.

Hello new friend, welcome. In America, ITS LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE HAS THYROID PROBLEMS. I have to talked meds too. And sonograms every year of my thyroid. Great news about the Cholestrol, , Mine was so high and the Dr was having me take different meds but now I see that I am good.

I find that with the lapband , I am forced to make complete life time changes. Any how, I am in New York for a week and when I come home, I can change back to what I was doing. Hugs and happy Easter egggggggg