Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for December 2014 sleeve support/friends...

Hi, try the quinoa chips in cheddar and barbeque, they have 7-8 grams of Protein (you may find this in the gluten free aisle). I dont do gluten free but this is low carb. I was sleeved Dec.30th. I can tolerate most foods. I am feeling good!! Good to see fellow Dec. Sleevers ;)

Ok thanks.

Hi all,

Busy week, I finally have time to catch up on email and blog.@@Biloxigirl, I can only tolerate Syntax and Optimum Nutrition. Has anyone tried the Pro-thin Snacks?

@@Liz5012 No I haven't tried those.

Hi everyone

My surgery was Dec 1 and am getting better everyday. I'm so thankful I made the decision to have the surgery and thankful for this site to find I'm not the only one who had problems. Getting a lot of good advice on this site.

Great job!

Hi Everyone! Im a little late on getting in on this topic im sure! My name is Megan, I had VSG on Dec 17th 2014 and have lost 65lbs. I am falling into a rut I feel like and having some gains, so I wanted to find some vsg friends for support and motivation etc!!

My instagram is megcoopa.

However I did not make it social media public I had the surgery, so thinking of maybe making a instagram just for fellow sleevers. Have any of you done this?!

Thanks for the feedback :)

I know how you feel. The past few weeks have been quite a challenge for me. The two weeks leading up to my Mother's passing had me eating so wrong! It was all pizzas, casseroles and a few salads. Very easy to fall back into bad habits. I have lost 65lbs since my sleeve on 12/30/2014, I keep going up and down. My three month meeting with my nutritionist was last week. She said that contrary to what I think, I have done very well. My fear is that my stomach is stretching and I have made it worse by doing the number one and two no no; drinking too soon after eating and not eating Protein first. When I mentioned doing a liquid diet for a few days to get back on track, she approved. So that is what I am doing, getting back to basics. I would love to hear if others are or have faced this challenge.

----------------I eat too fast . I find it difficult to eat slow. But, I end up eating too much and feeling too full when I eat fast so I really need to focus on eating slowly.

It's been awhile since I've visited bariatricpal . How is everyone doing physically and emotionally ?

Is everyone following the 30/60 rule ? I've never really following the no drinks thirty minutes before a meal and sixty minutes after a meal. Maybe, for a couple months I was following the rule but, many times I ended up drinking while eating. It is very difficult to just eat a couple of tablespoons of food . I usually end up eating where I am too full. (although it's still not a lot of food)

Is anyone able to eat a whole apple ? I am able to eat a whole apple. I can eat one slider from white castle and feel like I've eaten a whole turkey. I couldn't finish a small Wendy's chilli as I ate half of the chilli and saved half for the next day.

bread and Pasta are worse for me than rice. Toast is okay . I feel I need to eat slower. I struggle a lot eating slowly. I eat too fast.

Sometimes I feel like I want to eat more and feel kind of down not being able to eat a little more of something I really like . But, in the end I am glad that I have the smaller stomach to control me from eating

too much. Do I miss eating some of my favorite foods like mashed potatoes? Yes I do . But, I always look at the positive and the weight I've lost.

Also, I don't talk about food like I did in the past and I am not motivated to cook as I can't eat too much

of what I cook so it doesn't thrill me to cook meals.

Hello friends!

What an amazing year, huh?

Getting the VSG was the best decision I've ever made. I am now the lightest I have ever weighed as an adult, and it is remarkable how differently you are treated when you are thin. I'm sure you all have noticed that as well.

Once I was cleared to begin weight training I got in the gym and started training hard, something I've continued 6 days a week. I'm a lot more relaxed with what I eat now, if I want to have a treat I have it. But food doesn't have the power over me it used to. I still focus on the basics, getting my Protein in. Lot of eggs, meat and cheese.

I still use supplements heavily. I can eat a regular portion of food now before becoming full. I eat around 2000-2500 calories a day, and usually get a couple hundred grams of Protein in.

The weight loss has slowed to a crawl now, but I really don't care. I look good, and feel good, now it's just about toning up the midsection, which is going to take some time. You couldn't tell by looking at me, but I've got some loose skin around my stomach that I am hoping will bounce back over the next year or so.

I haven't been on this board in months, but would still love to hear how the rest of you are doing with your journeys.

God bless.

CJsleeve

I just found this thread and am so happy I did! I had my VSG Dec 3, 2014. I have met my goal that I set for myself and feel so much better. We are all approaching the 1 year mark. Seems like just yesterday.

Lately though I am worried that I'm starting to slide back into some old habits. I haven't been planning my meals or doing such a great job at taking a healthy snack and/or lunch so I end up eating whatever is convenient when I feel hungry. Yesterday was terrible. I had 1/3 of a flat-bread turkey sandwich from Subway, popcorn and peanut MM's at the movies, and then a bowl of homemade chicken chile for dinner. That's it. Total food. Not such a good day at all! If it was just one day like that I wouldn't be worried but I've been stringing those days together. I need to get back on track. No bread. No sweets. Protein and healthy foods! Does anyone else find themselves going off plan?

Besides the eating, I've had some great non-scale victories this year. I went boot shopping and was able to buy regular boots for the first time in a gazillion years. NO WIDE CALF! I couldn't believe that my leg could fit into a regular woman's boot. Yay team. And they are cute too... knee high black with a cool buckle that I feel amazing wearing :)

Another little thing I noticed yesterday is that when my hubby and I came out of the grocery store it was pouring rain so I just sprinted to the car. You know, as in running! Haha! Felt awesome.. I just ran like it was something so completely normal.. Didn't get near as wet and it just confirmed that I am in so much better shape than this time last year.

Well, that's it for me... Hope all you other December 2014 sleevers are also doing well. Any tips or suggestions to get back on track with my eating would be appreciated.

I do know what you mean. In August, I was experiencing that same urge to slip back into bad habits. There was some great support from one of the forums, that gave me an idea to just constantly remind myself what to do...every time I went to eat something that even in moderation would be bad for me, I thought of how my health and appearance had improved by choosing all good thing Protein and vegetable! I treat my Protein Shake as treat by adding fresh fruit, my milk and lots of ice...it is icy cold and taste like a frappe, that is what we call them here in New England, I think they are ice cream shakes, cabinets, milk shakes, egg creams, etc. only Americans could find so many names for one item!

Even being in the hospital for a week due to my hip replacement needing to be replaced because it corroded and gave me metal poisoning, my husband brought me my shake every day! If you fall off, don't beat yourself up, just get back on track! I have been on bed rest for a month and friends have been cooking unhealthy meals to help out, I take a "no thank you" bite and move on. It is especially hard to do when it is something sweet, that is my weakness. I am still struggling, and am terrified that I may have gained weight being so sedentary, I have not gained, but then I haven't lost either. Are you still keeping a food journal? If not, start with that, prepare the next day's lunch and snack the day before. Write down your planned meals for the next day or better yet for the week, once it is written commit to the journal.

I hope some of this is helpful, remember, you have already succeeded by committing to the surgery and the new healthier life, so you know you can finish what you started! Best of luck! Think of those milestones...This is the first time that I can remember that I have a "normal" calf and I love it! Just keep reminding yourself of the sense of joy and accomplishment whenever you stray!

Edited by Liz5012

Hi! I was sleeved on 12/16/2014. I would love to connect! It's been a great year and I am very happy I did this. I have my one year check up on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing lab results. I feel great!