Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for December 2014 sleeve support/friends...

@@CJSLEEVE

Hi Chris, I'm a little slow navigating my way through these forums, as I've just found this one. I was sleeved 12/17 and things are going even better since I busted through a 2 month stall. How are things with you?

@@LisaLouBop it's going really well Lisa. I've had a couple of stalls that each lasted 2 weeks. But other than that, I'm loving life. Down almost 95lbs since starting this process. Best decision I've ever made

@@CJSLEEVE

Wow, that is amazing!!! 95 lbs in 4 months just WOW. I'm thrilled with my progress as well.

It's life changing and I'm enjoying every second of it.

I was sleeved December 31st 2014. Best decision of my life. I would love to find a weight loss buddy that had their surgery on the same day or close to it.

@@Biloxigirl, I was sleeved on 31st December too! I agree, best decision ever! I have never looked back.

Did you feel like having the surgery done on New Year's eve was symbolic for you? For me, it meant that I was starting 2015 with an entirely new emphasis -- health -- and that has remained my focus since. I've lost weight a bit slowly, but am pleased with the slow steady pace as my stalls have been short. Today I hit 50 pounds lost which is exciting!

I used to Celebrate with food, but now I buy flowers. So today I got a big bouquet. :-D

Just checking in to see how other Dec Sleevers are doing.

@Biloxigirl and @NewBeginning2015, I too am a 12/31/14 sleeve patient. It has been an AWESOME experience for me. My hubby is having it done in June. I feel like a different person with great energy and confidence. So happy for us all!

Edited by JaneJaneDoe

Yes I felt like I was starting the new year off right. I am so glad I had this surgery, I feel like a whole new person.

Happy to hear that all are doing so well, congratulations! I was just wondering, does anyone have a problem with not eating much at meals?

I am eating six small meals rather than the three that the Dietitian suggested I practice. I am losing weight, 51 lbs so far.

@Liz5012 I also have that problem, I think I am going to try to start doing 5-6 small meals as well.

@@Biloxigirl and @@Liz5012, me, too! I am eating very little, 1 egg for Breakfast & less than 1/2 cup of something high Protein for meals. So, I am having Protein Bars or Protein chips for Snacks 3x day. That works well, in that I am not hungry and am losing steadily.

It is funny too, people at work have commented that I appear to be losing weight despite "eating constantly" but haven't noticed that I eat so little, and such good stuff! Still I won't complain, since no one noticed that I lost any weight until I hit -50 pounds. :-D

@@NewBeginning2015 and Biloxigirl, thank goodness it is not just me! You should see what I eat sometimes for breakfast! I have had chili, salad with grilled chicken, whatever I feel like eating that has Protein. In order to insure that I am getting enough protein, I have been drinking New Whey Liquid Protein. It has 42 grams of protein, icomes in different favors and is only 4 ounces. I can tolerate the orange flavor, but only if I drink 1/3 at a time, I am hoping I get used to it's strange taste! I have had the Proti thin Snacks, what brand have you been having?

@@Liz5012 I use Premier Protein and it has 30g of Protein and tastes really good. I drink two of those a day in between my meals.

@@Liz5012 and @@Biloxigirl, I'm impressed that you can tolerate Protein drinks. I wish I could but they make me sick. So I am eating Protein Bars (Kind or Pure Protein or Qwest) and Snacks like Simply Protein chips & Kay's Naturals Protein Chips. They are mostly 10-15 grams of protein, which pushes me up there to meet my protein requirements. And they are portable, a nice bonus.

I feel like I can eat mostly normally now, just focused on protein first and avoiding too many carbs. It's a great feeling to be more normal yet eating healthier and in small quantities. I really haven't craved anything sweet or "bad", am rarely hungry due to the protein I guess. This is entirely different for me, I love it! What a life saver.

@@Biloxigirl, I get the Protein chips on Amazon these days. But to try different flavors, I went to Whole Foods and other "natural" or health stores. ;-p