Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mystery Question that is Plaguing Me!? Grocery Haul Videos

Lol

Status seeking. Some people have no food but look at me!

I like knowing what meals others are making for dinner. I get stagnant on dinner ideas often, and it gives me new ideas to try.

Just realized I have done this once or twice, but it was in the context of showing folks how much I could buy at the produce market with $30. I was having conversations about how to eat un processed foods on a budget.

Thanks BLERDgirl,

Just so you know, I wasn't slamming anyone that makes the "Haul" videos, I just wanted to understand why they are so popular. Just like I can't understand why watching videos of others playing video games is such a hit.

But, now that you realize you have a problem, you have taken the 1st step to finding a cure. :lol:

post-147109-0-56256800-1422922507_thumb.jpg

Just realized I have done this once or twice, but it was in the context of showing folks how much I could buy at the produce market with $30. I was having conversations about how to eat un processed foods on a budget.

@@joatsaint HA! Thankfully I'm not that sensitive. I also don't do them every single trip to the market. You think these are bad, you should see the makeup hauls people post.

I'm glad my post wasn't taken the wrong way. It is very difficult to communicate humor through typing. My sense of humor can easily be taken the wrong way when seen in plain text. And sometimes smiley faces aren't enough to signal humor. :blink:

Psssst.... just between you, me and Frankensleeve, I watch grav3yardgirl and seen her makeup hauls. Don't tell anyone, they may pull my MAN card. :(

@@joatsaint HA! Thankfully I'm not that sensitive. I also don't do them every single trip to the market. You think these are bad, you should see the makeup hauls people post.

same reason people post pics of their lunch on Facebook, unless you can share it with me I could care less what your lunch looks like, now if it's a recipe and a pic I don't mind but just some random shot of your lunch, I don't get it.

extreme couponers drive me up a wall. we were at a grocery store once and my wife went to reach for a coupon out of one of those pop up machine things, and a woman jumped in pushed her arm out of the way opened the machine and took all the coupons, said " too slow" to my wife and strolled off. My favorite is people that sell coupons on ebay. they will say ten 50 cent coupons for 2:50. more power to you for buying ten 16 ounce dish detergents. whoop dee do. Evidently though extreme couponers break a lot of laws. they use coupons with glitches built in, the dumpster dive to get newspapers when they are thrown out. they steal the inserts out of papers at stores. When i was much younger my parents picked up a 150 paper, paper route that we did each day for extra money, and we always had to fight off people that would come to where the papers were dropped off and try and steal all the inserts. The paper we worked for now has Zero of those machines you put in the money and take a paper because people always took every paper on insert days. i guess having been in a food addiction i can understand an obsession. but feeling good about a big mac was never against the law.

For surgery people in particular who do grocery haul videos, I have always seen it as a way to get new ideas for foods I might want to try. I don't have time to read every label in the store, so this may show me something I've missed.

Pre-op, I watched them to get ideas of how I might need to alter my shopping habits.

@@joatsaint I use to love watching them when I was in the Pre-op learning stage. I was curious to see what people where eating before, and after surgery. It was part of my learning phase. I watched a lot Of VSG you-tubers! I don't watch it anymore however.

I just want to know why so many people like watching videos of other people showing and talking about their latest food purchases?

I'll tell you which conversations are most fascinating to me, now. POOP talk. I know!! GROSSSSSSSSS!!

But poop is a major topic of conversation in some of my groups and I can't help myself.

Are you referring to videos or forum threads? I don't find them gross. It's a normal body function and for some reason we are embarrassed to talk about it. I guess I'm just weird, I'm interested in knowing how and why the body works - even the yucky parts.

I am partial to the Zombie threads myself. Do Zombies poop? :o

I'll tell you which conversations are most fascinating to me, now. POOP talk. I know!! GROSSSSSSSSS!!

But poop is a major topic of conversation in some of my groups and I can't help myself.

I like watching the haul videos occasionaly to get new ideas about WLS friendly items at other stores then where I normaly shop. Especially places like Trader Joes and Costso ..... I have found quite a few "new to me" items like Hemp Hearts (@ Costco) and Mahi Mahi burgers (at TJs) and have added them to my weekly diet plans ..... thats why I watch anyway :)