Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well i made it. My surgery was on Jan 28th. Beginning weight before all this was 512 lbs. Day of surgery my weight was 486lbs. Surgery took about an hr and a half. Waking up after surgery was painful. I felt this pressure under my breastbone, very uncomfortable. That night i felt nauseous and started spitting up blood. I was like that until early next morning. I finally felt like i let it all out and that uncomfortable pressure was gone for the most part. The nurse contacted my Dr but he said it was normal. I hsdn't heard any body mention that in any of the topics. I was kinda freakin out. The next day i felt better. Still in a bit of pain and couldn't drink very much but kept trying. Had to stay an extra day in the hospital. But thank goodness i was released to go home today. Feeling much better. My first walk on day of surgery went really well. Day after it went better but you gotta remember to take it easy and not over do it. Choose a comfortable pace. You do not want to hurt yourself. Your body is healing. Originally i was told about 5 incisions would be made but it ended up being 8 for me. Been sipping Water and Protein Shake since i got home. Went for a couple short walks after being home as well. Excited for this recovery period to pass and continue my weightloss journey. I have an awesome support group. My friends and family are awesome. I will be checking in soon again. Tslk to you all soon.

Glad u are doing better..Yes i do recall seeing a lil streak of blood in the dry heaving...But this also passed....Stay positive and this too shall pass.

Congratulations, you are well on your way to a whole new life! Keep us posted on your progress or feel to reach out if you have questions.

It will get a little better everyday. Someone in my support group told me listen to what the doctor and your support team tells you and stay the course.

Welcome to the losers bench. I think its important for you to know that there will be days in the beginning when your like what did I do to myself. I am 4 months post surgery and can say this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. There will be days when you need to vent & let it all out. This is a great site with wonderful support. Dont let the head hunger & old habits get to you. Be strong and your weight will start to disappear. This is your journey. I look forward to reading about your success.

Thank you!! I am looking forward to my progress as well. I have an awesome support team with my family and friends, that really helps too.

Hooray!! For getting through the surgery... Mine is later this month.... Keep us posted.

@@starbuckscoffeegal

I like the name you picked.

Congrats on your choice to be healthy I'm happy that your recovery is going great remember to sip, walk, and blow into that plastic thing .

Okay so officially i am 1 week post op. I wanted to share with you my incisions. So those of you who have a surgery scheduled will know what to expect. Keep in mind they are still healing and still have staples in. The doctor will be removing them on Monday.post-242921-14231154382385_thumb.jpg

I threw up blood the first night. Normal.

Thank you for sharing. I'm going in tomorrow morning at 0930. Feeling a little stressed but overall good. Hope you recover quickly and congrats!

Okay so tomorrow going back to work for a few hours and then have my first post op appt to remove the staples...wish me luck!!