Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One week later. I feel great

Thank you for posting this. I was sleeved Thursday, and I've been home for about 2 hours. I had the same feeling of panic sitting in the wheelchair outside of the operating room. If they took my heart rate it would have read off the chart. Immediately after surgery I was in A LOT of pain. Apparently my body doesn't respond to the pain med they gave me. Once they figured that out, it was much smoother. My first day was a little tough - I was in a room with 3 other people that smelled like poo and had one woman audibly moaning in pain. The beds hurt my back terribly. I most definitely had a omg what have I done to myself moment here and there.

Today was a brand new day, whole new mindset. I got to leave the hospital and I'm home and in such a better headspace. Like you, I weighed myself for giggles ha! 11 lbs full of fluids - no wonder my fingers felt so swollen! I'm having trouble finding i comfortable place to sit/lay. They want me upright when drinking, which I'm expected to be going basically always. I'm still taking medication and will until I'm in a little better shape. Back to the Water bottle!

congratulations BloomingLotus! Now you get to the really fun part. A few days of some tough recouperating, but getting better all the time, and then you see those pounds just fall away. Hard work = success = happy life. I hope you are proud of yourself because taking these steps, following through and doing all the work to get here, is already a huge accomplishment. Way to go.

Thank you Eli. I am on this journey alone, so these boards are all I have related to this. I have finally found a comfortable position - where I am sipping while doing calf exercises. I do laps around the apt every other commercial. It's taking me about 7 hours to get in 20oz of Water. I expect this to slowly get easier each day.

I am really proud of myself for doing this. As I was freaking out in the pre-op area I kept repeating in my head that I am doing this for my health and I am extending my life AND significantly improving the quality of the life that I have, I just have to survive this first week.

At this point next year I will be in a significantly better position that now, I just need to keep the eye in the prize.

Blooming, 20oz in 7 hours is actually pretty good for your first day back. It seems so crazy that drinking should be so difficult, but that's just how it is. My guess is that if you are already doing this, tomorrow you will make your liquid goal. Make sure to get extra sleep, I think it really helps. Your body has just been through a lot, giving it time to recover is required. But a few days from now, wow, you are going to be amazed how quickly recovery actually takes place.

I have family and friends who have helped me in this process, but none of them actually know what it's like to be going through this situation. So these forums were huge for me too. That's why I try and repay the kindness I received by chatting with others who might need an ear to bend or a silver lining to focus on.

And it's pretty easy to point out the positives because they are staring me in the face. I'm down 17lbs 11 days after surgery. That's massive. My sister is coming to visit on the 13th of February, I am really looking forward to her reaction. I saw her over halloween when I was at my fattest, about 44lbs more than I am now. And in a couple weeks I could push that to 55 pounds hopefully. It's going to be nice to share my success with her.

Anyway, keep it up, stay positive and plan for fun adventures.

BloomingLotus you are not alone. We will get through this together! My surgery is February 18. Eli you are such a great support and have such a tender caring way about you! Thank you both!

Thank you jovie.

Congrats on the approaching date. How are you doing? At your point I was a big mess of emotions, excited and petrified all stirred up in one giant diet gumbo. Now, I'm just excited every day. Don't get me wrong, it's hard to eat correctly and there are moments of distress, but so many more highlights. Mirrors aren't my enemy and stairs are my friend. Pretty fun.

I had my sleeve on Friday 1/30/15 had a tough time in recovery with my BP never been a problem prior to surgery.

Made it to my room at 2:30 walked from my room door to bed and got sick..after some nausea medication I was feeling good.. Dr ordered nothing by mouth until 5am.,I have never wanted Water so bad..

Walked the entire floor at 9pm for a total of 3000 steps.. It really helped with the gas pains.

5am finally .,,I needed to drink 60cc of Water, broth or diluted apple juice every hour..proud to say I exceeded the goal.. No pain or nausea.

I was discharged at 3pm yesterday.., the ride home was bumpy. I camped out downstairs in a recliner.., walked throughout the night..still tackling the 60cc.. Added Protein shake..

Sunday I chilled; while my husband and children went to get their praise on. Showered, cleaned out the refrigerator.. Began praising God for the new lease on life...

I feel great have a plan to make sure I get all fluids and Protein in for the next two weeks. I am measuring out my daily allowance in the medicine cups per hour.

I feel so good I managed to lose 3 lbs from day of surgery. Being on two week pre op protein diet has given me the advantage over my new life style change.

Can't wait to see where I will be in 90 days.,,I am posting my first day after surgery [

attachment=51294:ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1422814948.473242.jpg]

post-242656-14228149492709_thumb.jpg

Congratulations! Wow, sounds like you are one determined woman. Great way to tackle this. Share all the little victories with your kids if they are old enough, it will be a joy for everyone and a great example of how to conquer life's obstacles. Keep posting and fill us in on your progress.

Double post

Edited by Eli Alexander

@thetaxlayd

LOVE your pic! I will take one as soon as I can after. I think they will prove to be priceless to us in a few months! So glad to hear you are rocking' this thing! I am scheduled Feb. 4, send some of your praise my way please!

Wow mdlange, congrats on being right there, about to join the brother and sisterhood of sleevers. My encouragement comes from me weighing in this morning. 13 days after the surgery, I have zero pain, in fact all my nagging knee pain is even gone, and i'm down 20lbs since surgery. Holy moly I get excited every morning to stand on that scale and see the progress. It's like Pat Sajak and Vanna White letting me spin the wheel to see what I win each day.

You are going to love the confidence this restores in you. I know I have a renewed sense of pride, sense of accomplishment and it shows. What we are doing isn't easy. It's a lot of work just to get where you are today. All those hoops, all that dieting, and now the tough but well-worth step of surgery and the dread surrounding that. It makes our survival and thriving that much more substantial.

Keep your head and know that if you have strength to get this far you have all the moxie and gumption you need to come through the other side in full glory. We are all with you on the forth. I know I'll be rooting for you. And just keep pushing forward. The fear subsides, the pain vanishes, but the heart and soul of a lion (a thin lion) will remain.

Good luck, we are here for you.

Edited by Eli Alexander

@@Eli Alexander , Thank you! I needed that pep talk!

Hi Eli. It's funny you mentioned the emotions at this point. Just today I was thinking to myself "what have I done"!?!? Do I really want to go through this? Maybe I'll just stick to the pre-op diet forever! But I soon snapped out of it and am excited again for surgery!

Well Jovie, this sure is a roller coaster of emotions, it's crazy pre op how frequently most of us have major doubts. But almost everyone post op, given enough time, says they made a terrific choice.

Today was my first day back at the gym and I feel great. One thing this surgery has done for me is helped set my mind towards always wanting to improve. That hasn't always been the case, but if I'm going to do something so drastic as major surgery, I'm going to give it my all. And I think this is true for many people. All the sudden we become more goal oriented. And that's one of the keys for me personally to use the surgery as a catalyst towards building a more fulfilling and happy life.