Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often did/do you eat during puree stage?

Hi all! I'm newly in the puree stage (woohoo!), and I'm not entirely sure how often I should be eating. For example, this morning for Breakfast I had maybe a 1/4 cup (if that) of cream of wheat made with GENEPRO. I saved the other portion (about half) and went back to have it about 2 hours later.

I don't normally have a midmorning snack, but I really wanted to get in the whole 15g of Protein. How often do you guys eat? I don't want my Protein Quest to become a grazing habit, and I'm not feeling hunger yet because I'm not far enough out.

From the beginning I was told to eat three meals a day, along with 2 Snacks if I needed them. I still follow that plan 14 months out,. I just am able to eat more.

My surgeon's plan called for 3 meals per day, no Snacks other than Protein Shakes. The meals had to be consumed within 30 minutes (no saving stuff for later and considering it one "meal") and no more than 3 tablespoonfuls in volume. High protein/low carb foods only -- no grains, no fruit, no starchy veg such as potatoes.

Edited by Bufflehead

In my pureed stage I had a Protein Shake for Breakfast, usually cream Soup of some sort for lunch, greek yogurt as a snack, actual pureed food for dinner, and a Protein shake between dinner and bed time. Once I was allowed soft foods, I started having an egg in place of soup for lunch and introduced string cheese as an afternoon snack.

I know this is not what you asked but, the farther out you get the more some of those rigid rules start to seem less important. I just eat enough to get in close to my daily goals, concentrating mostly on Protein and fluids. Sometimes I eat 3 distinct meals....other times I graze all day long. But even when I graze, I keep track of whats going in and stop when I get close to my daily limits. If I do go over, I make it up with additional exercise for that day.

Now if memory serves me, during the puree stage I wasn't hungry at all and only blended up some concoction about twice a day. Filled in the rest with shakes. I kinda fudged the puree stage anyway as I felt once you chew up the food really good....it's basically "puree". ^_^

Every 3 hours

I ate 4-5 meals of about 3 oz each (almost entirely protein) during puree stage. I didn't really differentiate between Snacks and meals. I was also exercising quite a bit, so many nutritionist said it was fine if I ate more than just three meals and two snacks.