Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what is YOUR favorite pureed/soft food stage dish?

turkey chili in the slow cooker then throw it in blender to puree!!yummy

Not a "meal", but a great snack or to go with a meal... is roasted carrots in the oven with just a touch of olive oil/seasonings. You can then puree them if you want, but they are so soft after being roasted, that it's not necessary.

My NUT said no raw veggies, but I was really wanting something... she said roasted carrots, sweet potatoes, etc. are fine.

I mentioned to someone I know who had the sleeve done a couple of years ago that I (just a little over 2wks out) would really like to enjoy something good while watching my New England Patriots win the Super Bowl :) He forwarded this recipe to me knowing I used to enjoy the non-skinny version.

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/skinny-buffalo-chicken-dip/

I have all of the ingredients, I believe, so even though it's less than 20 hours til kickoff I should be able to throw this together.

My questions are:

1. Is this too ambitious for me at this stage? I was cleared for Stage 3A High Proteins on Tuesday. I'm not sure if my nutritionist's stages are the same for everyone, so I'll tell you what's included in the paperwork she gave me:

cheese (low-fat preferred)

Cottage cheese

eggs, 2 (consume <5 yolks/week)

Egg Beaters

Fish

Shellfish

chicken

Turkey

Deli meat (low-fat preferred)

Lean Pork

Lean Beef (ground)

Soy Milk (unflavored)

Greek Yogurt (<12 carbs)

Yogurt (<12 carbs)

Beans or Lentils (dried or canned beans)(1/2 cup)

Green Beans, Summer Squash, Zucchini (1/2 cup)

*All Proteins must be baked, broiled, grilled, steamed or sauteed.

*No breaded or fried proteins

*Do not add flour-based gravy to Protein.

*Do not add any pieces or chunks of any fruit/vegetables to food.

I don't want to push anything and suffer setbacks, but it seems to me that the linked recipe fits these guidelines. Is that just wishful thinking on my part?

2. If it's agreed that this should be fine, on what do I eat this dip? Crackers, chips, etc are obviously out of the question. I've been told not to eat celery or carrots yet. Honestly, I could eat this with a fork if it tastes anywhere near as good as the "regular" version. If so, this will become the "regular" version in this house.

3. Any other suggestions for things to eat during the game? Ideally, I'll have a few small portions throughout the 5 hour event (including pre-game).

My nutritionist did tell me that chicken wings were ok for Sunday. I doubt I'll eat many of them, but I plan to cook them all up at the same time and eat one at a time (unlike one basket at a time) until I feel full. Leftovers will be a nice treat throughout the week. I'll remove any skin first and planned to do a rub, but she recommended Walden Farms sauces instead and mentioned it would be better this way as dry Protein can get caught in your throat. I couldn't find Walden Farms, but I found a brand at Target that had zero fat and came in a variety of flavors.

key lime "pie":

1 small box s/f lime Jello (could use another flavor if you like - have strawberry in the fridge right now)

1.5 cups of greek yogurt

2 scoops unflavored Protein powder

1/4 cup Water

bring the Water to a boil and dissolve your Jello in there - stir it around some so it doesn't clump on the bottom. While that cools a little, mix up your yogurt and Protein Powder.

Toss in the jello and mix with a wisk until smooth. put in a container and refrigerate until set.

Each 1/2 cup serving has about 23gm Protein :) Is it key lime pie? no. is it close? yeah.

Not a huge fan of Greek yogurt, but I have to admit it's growing on me. Using it to create a key lime pie substitute?? Yes, please :) I'll be trying this soon but I'll need unflavored protein powder first. Right now, I've got Rich chocolate and a strawberry on its way (thank you Amazon.com Subscribe and Save).