Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Massachusetts?

I'm from MA also! Having my bypass on 4/22 at Milford Regional!

Dr.Kelly is a good surgeon cause I know about him . I work at UMass as well. I had Dr. Perugini and I had no problems whatsoever. I think you will be in good hands!

Great!! So either surgeon is good? I'm a nurse and worked at the memorial campus a few years ago and only know Dr. Kelly which is why i was going to request him but if any of the surgeons in the office have a good reputation then maybe I will just go w/who they schedule me with :-) thanks for your help!!!

My surgery was done at UMass by Dr Czerniach on 12/23/13. I think he is great!

@@macman, I am having my surgery at Milford Hospital! I was initially scheduled with Dr. Czerniach but will have my surgery with Dr. Cohen! Nothing at all negative against Czerniach I had just met Dr. Cohen and felt incredibly comfortable with him. How are you doing? How are you feeling?

I am doing great! I am 16 months post surgery and have lost a total of 142 pounds. I have been pretty stable now for about six months. I feel good. I am very active, BP is the best it has ever been. It was a terrific decision for me

i'm from ma. had mine done at emerson in concord in october. lost 100 pounds+ so far. so far been the best thing i ever did. no complications and i feel great!

Hi! I'm from Boston. Live in Dorchester. Was sleeved 4/21 at Beth Isreal Deaconness-Milton by Dr. Benjamin Schneider. So far so good.

Hello @@Kristinm1185,

I too am from Dorchester and have an appointment with Dr. Daniel Jones on May 13th who is Benjamin Schneider's colleague. Iv'e scheduled surgery 2 times prior but always chicken out! Can you tell me how long you were in the hospital? How are you feeling so far?

Hi Tonia! Good Luck at your appt. I was in the hospital for 2 night. Surgery was on Tues 4/21, I was home on Thurs 4/23.

I feel great for the most part. I was driving by Saturday and was out all day then from 9-4. My incisions are still a little sore but that's about it. Let me know if you have any other questions. Best of Luck to you.

Please dont chicken out! First few days arent exactly fun but well worth it! Good luck!

Umass memorial folks....I was curious as to how long it took from last class (and cleared by psych and NUT at first apt) to get the consult? I had my last group meeting 3 weeks ago and they still have not called for the consult. I have called and they said they are behind. I'm just frustrated because the process has been smooth sailing and now it's at a stall :-/ so was just curious how long it took from final apt to consultation? Thanks in advance!!

Meghan

I had my first appt in June 2014 and had my surgery Dec. 2014. 6 months of the while process. Not sure if it was the insurance requirement or the hospital. The last appt. is when you see your surgeon and then a couple weeks to get your date. I am an employee of Umass and I will tell you it's one very busy hospital. Your day will come!

Hi! Are you a nurse there? I am an RN and worked at the memorial campus. So is it normal to wait a while just for the consult? I guess I'm just waiting for Dr gitkind (sp) to sign off. I think I'm just impatient because the psych and NUT all thought I'd have this done by end of May.

My consult was approximately two weeks after the last class. Surgery was about one month laster as I had to wait for insurance approval and pre surgical testing

Hello Tonia,

My name is Julia. I live in Newton, MA. I finally got my appointment with Dr. Jones for the 27th. Please tell me what happened on that initial appointment??? Do you have your surgery date? I am also nervous about it but at the same time I am excited!!! Good luck and let's keep in touch!

Hello @@Kristinm1185,

I too am from Dorchester and have an appointment with Dr. Daniel Jones on May 13th who is Benjamin Schneider's colleague. Iv'e scheduled surgery 2 times prior but always chicken out! Can you tell me how long you were in the hospital? How are you feeling so far?