Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 4days out and I'm still on liquids and broths. I can't handle more than 2 ounces at a time. I do wish I could chew something solid but I know I cant. Next week is my post op appointment. I'll be doing soft liquids or possibly pureed foods. I wonder be able to eat solids until after my 3rd week out.

@@Peace Love & Sleeve - Are you supposed to be eating that at 10 days out? I was on liquids for 2 weeks before things like cream of wheat were allowed. You tummy is still healing. It may not be ready to handle that. What did your nutritionist recommend? Did they give you a list of foods to eat?[/quote. yes my nutritionalist put me on puree on wed and even before that I could have cream of wheat. I kept down some broth. I called my nurse and she said to try just liquids for a couple days. I rather to be honest.

Something everyone needs to remember is everyone having this surgery has guidelines issues by their doctor and their nutritionist. Some of you may be on liquid diets for two days but that does not mean everyone is. eggs may be fine according to some doctors and nutritionists after a week even if they aren't with yours. I see a lot of questioning of what others are doing here and everyone would do good to remember that. My doctor only had me on a liquid diet for a week an cleared me for food yesterday. Things like cottage cheese, applesauce, Peanut Butter, tuna, fish, pureed meat, pureed veggies, and yes I was even cleared for scrambled eggs. So be careful when you're judging what other people are putting in. You don't know what their doctor as given a green light for and we're all trying to be careful and do the right things hear. This is where forums like this drive me nuts.

Hi all I am 3 weeks out and was just allowed to have cream of wheat this week. I also can have carrots but they must be cooked till really tender and then I put them in my little food processor and chop into little pieces. I can also have egg drop Soup which is my favorite do I am slowly coming back to normal.

The gas bubbles have to come out and I am still burping them out at 3 weeks. It will pass. And then you will feel better. I just was told to listen to my stomach. I eat very slowly. Most times it takes me 45 min to finish my 4 ounces. I stop when I feel uncomfortable. And then continue when I feel better. Must times I can get close to my 4 ounces down.

My problem is getting enough liquid down since we have to wait 30 min in between eating and drinking. That is the hardest part. But I will get it mastered. Hope everyone gets better from the things that are making you feel bad. We will win this fight. :))

@@BHoenig - I always ask what guidelines they have been given by their nutritionist. No one is judging but some questioning is required if we are to offer advice. One of the main things I suggest to anyone having difficulty meeting their Protein goals or feeling frustrated is if they have discussed this with their medical team. Especially since many come here to vent but don't go back to their team and try to work out a more livable solution.

I rather hear what people are going through, that is the purpose of this forum. obviously for medical issues I go to my physician but there is nothing wrong with coming here for advice and experience! !

I agree. To me it's helpful knowing what everyone is going through individually even if it's not the same. I appreciate everyone sharing their journey aND experiences. Thank you all

in other news. ...I don't feel good. After I got sick this morning, Jello, broth and pudding. couple tsps of each. Now i just feel sick. no way on earth can I attempt Protein. Am I the only one feeling this way. Ib hope this part gets better ;)

@peaceandsleeve how u doing girl me and u had it the same day Jan 26 it has been soo hard for me today I hit a depression mood I just layer down all day I can't seem to like Protein at all idk what to do... but pain wise i. Good now food I feel like I can never do again :/

@peaceandsleeve how u doing girl me and u had it the same day Jan 26 it has been soo hard for me today I hit a depression mood I just layer down all day I can't seem to like Protein at all idk what to do... but pain wise i. Good now food I feel like I can never do again :/

the last 2 days have been very hard for me. I dont even want to think of food or protein. I just don't feel good. they say it gets better. ..I hope so. .I can't imagine living like this

You can try getting your fluids and Protein in one go. If you are dehydrated or malnourished you are going to feel bad. Protein drinks really are trial and error. This is why it's helpful to work with your nutritionist. Sometimes the big name ones aren't going to be your cup of tea. My NUT gave me a list of acceptable drinks but also gave me basic guidelines of at least 15 gms of Protein per serving and no more than 6 gms of sugar and just try to keep carbs low. Armed with that info I went around and tried various powders, pre-made drinks and liquid Proteins.

Initially I used CVS brand whey Protein powder and Prosource no-carb Liquid Protein. Then I started using Isopure unflavored whey. With the CVS brand I mixed it with almond milk, FAGE 0% greek yogurt then added a ton of ice and a little bit of Water. It would take hours to slooooowly sip but I kept adding ice keep it cold and as long as I went snails pace slow I had no problem keeping things down.

The Prosource no carb was good for mixing with herbal tea.

Isopure mixes well with everything. Yogurt, juice, hot Soup, tea or coffee.

When I started eating I found I had to go super slow. I would put a super small bite on the very tip of the spoon. Chew that until it dissolved, wait 2 minutes before I took another bite. My first egg took an hour to eat, but I kept it down. In between I walked.

At 2 weeks post op. I was cleared to drive. At 3 weeks I resumed aqua fit class.

I've been out shopping etc so I'm not just sitting here. I have 2 kids that keep me busy. I am starting to drink more tonight. ..I do beleive I'm on the way of dehydration

Well, my belly button incision started bleeding today.I almost fainted. Doctor said patch area with Gauze and all should be OK until he can check it out Tuesday.has this happened to anyone??

I know i have been doing a lot more than I should...like bending and picking things up. I'm still only sipping 1 0z at a time. Broths and juice. Also eating popsicles. I am feeling frustrated that I can't eat solid foods and watching others eat and smelling delicious smells.I will admit, I miss tasting food. Bottom line is I want to chew. I've been on liquids 3 full weeks now. from pre op liquid diet to 4 days post op, I've lost 17lbs...not that I can tell yet. I am starting to feel my mental strength dissipate. I want to be healed so I can move around like normal and I want to be able to eat normally. I know I need to be strong and patient.