Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bariatric advantage

Did anyone else's doctor require them to buy Bariatric Advantage shakes and Vitamin packages? I've had other Protein Shakes. Are the bariatric ones good? I'm worried about having to drink them for 10 days. What flavors are the best? Thanks!

Can't say I had that brand, I had to drink opti fast for 6 weeks before my op so 10 days is nothing :-) just think in the grand scheme of life what is 10 days even if it is disgusting

I've tried dozens of different brands and flavors (got samples from Nashua nutrition) and I must say the Bariatric Advantage and Bariatric Fusion were my least favorite. In fact, I threw out the extra samples. I'm not a big fan of Isopure either. I've had a Protein smoothie everyday for the last 14 months and Muscle Milk, Premier, Unjury, Syntrax Nectar, Syntrax Matrix, Spirutein, Syntha 6 and Raw Protein are all good. But everyone has different tastes, so If you have the time, I would suggest getting samples and trying them first.

My required pre-op diet was 10 days of Bariatric Advantage shakes + up to 2 cups of low starch veggies per day. the shakes really aren't bad - I would recommend the vanilla, and you can change the flavors a little - little bit of powdered ginger or pumpkin pie spice, etc.

As @@Kindle stated so well, try and get samples of other shakes if your surgeon will allow that. I didn't care for the Bariatric Advantage shakes, but I do like the Multivitamins. If your surgeon is requiring you to buy these specific shakes and Vitamins, I'd be interested to know why. My surgeon/nutritionist had a huge list of vitamins/shakes that they approved for pre- and post-op.

In addition to what @@efierke suggested, you an also to change up the shake flavors with sugar free Torani or DaVinci syrups. They have dozens of great flavors.

I just started taking the calcium chews by them. The caramel ones tastes exactly like a regular caramel chew and are great. Haven't tried anything else by them though.

I just started taking the calcium chews by them. The caramel ones tastes exactly like a regular caramel chew and are great. Haven't tried anything else by them though.

Those caramel chews were too good! I was afraid I'd binge eat on them and switched to a pill. :(

My doctor requires them too and I cant stand them. I add some ice and PB2 or frozen strawberries. I am done with 1 week with one to go. They are really thick. Good luck!

Did anyone else's doctor require them to buy Bariatric Advantage shakes and Vitamin packages? I've had other Protein Shakes. Are the bariatric ones good? I'm worried about having to drink them for 10 days. What flavors are the best? Thanks!

I am currently on bariatric advantage. I'm on day 6 of preop diet. I have to say...I can't stand the thought of another Protein Shake.

I am currently on bariatric advantage. I'm on day 6 of preop diet. I have to say...I can't stand the thought of another Protein Shake.

My doctor requires them too and I cant stand them. I add some ice and PB2 or frozen strawberries. I am done with 1 week with one to go. They are really thick. Good luck!

I'm with you. On day 6 and the thought of another Protein Shake makes me sick.

I was supposed to, but I have problems with artificial sweetner so I bought GENEPRO. Its flavorless so I can mix it with anything, I really, like it.