Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from the AZ?

@@Apple85 nice to have someone from the same office. I've heard great things from Dr. Monash. Staff is great. I got approved through BCBS AZ in less than a week and the process has been downhill from here. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

From from

I'm from Tucson

Frank69, can you share who your surgeon was? And any helpful info in dealing with that office?

@@love4life @@Apple85 Hi there :) How did your surgery go love4life? I live in east Tucson and both my husband and I are patients of Dr.Monash. We have BCBS Fed and hubby was approved really fast. His surgery is May 2 (sleeve). My case was submitted on Thursday (4-21) and I'm a nervous wreck. I have a lap band and want the sleeve. Monash is very very against doing both in one session and that is quite disappointing. I know safety is most important, but I will beg him to do it if I am approved, lol. All the dozens of times I've been in that office, I have never seen Dr. Lovato. I wonder if she does revisions in same surgery. Would love to hear from you both and any other Tucson Bariatric patients. ~Susan

I'm in Tucson and have started the process to get approved through BCBS Federal. I'm seeing Dr. Monash. I will hopefully jump through all the hoops for approval in July 2016.

Sent from my iPhone

OMG, the hoops are God-awful. Seriously. Could I tell you some stories, lol!

Since I first posted, my husband has also had his first consult with Dr. Monash. We will be about 30 days apart from each other in the approval process. Dr Monash said he wouldn't recommend having our surgeries any less than 30 days apart. I'm so happy that we will go through this process around the same time & it's great to hear about another couple!

@@love4life @@Apple85 Hi there :) How did your surgery go love4life? I live in east Tucson and both my husband and I are patients of Dr.Monash. We have BCBS Fed and hubby was approved really fast. His surgery is May 2 (sleeve). My case was submitted on Thursday (4-21) and I'm a nervous wreck. I have a lap band and want the sleeve. Monash is very very against doing both in one session and that is quite disappointing. I know safety is most important, but I will beg him to do it if I am approved, lol. All the dozens of times I've been in that office, I have never seen Dr. Lovato. I wonder if she does revisions in same surgery. Would love to hear from you both and any other Tucson Bariatric patients. ~Susan

@@SusanB55

My surgery went great!! I was fortunate to have Dr. Lavoto perform the surgery and Dr. Monash follow up and release me from hospital. Up until them I had not met Dr. Monash but I was very impressed by him. No complications. Extreme discomfort after surgery (as expected). I was up the same night walking the halls. I had to stay an extra night because I was unable to keep any liquids down. Everything made me nauseous. Now I'm great, meeting my Protein and Water. No hunger. Best of luck to you and your husband.

Real quick, I really liked Dr. Lovato and Dr. Monash. I would highly recommend them. I had consulted with other surgeons, and I am glad I chose Lavato.

@@SusanB55My surgery went great!! I was fortunate to have Dr. Lavoto perform the surgery and Dr. Monash follow up and release me from hospital. Up until them I had not met Dr. Monash but I was very impressed by him. No complications. Extreme discomfort after surgery (as expected). I was up the same night walking the halls. I had to stay an extra night because I was unable to keep any liquids down. Everything made me nauseous. Now I'm great, meeting my Protein and Water. No hunger. Best of luck to you and your husband. Real quick, I really liked Dr. Lovato and Dr. Monash. I would highly recommend them. I had consulted with other surgeons, and I am glad I chose Lavato.

I'm glad you are doing so well! That is so encouraging. Today is Frank's pre op with Dr Monash and i am so nervous for him. Regarding my case, turns out the auth I received was for the band only and not the sleeve. Not sure what the hell is going on but i feel very let down. I am not getting the band out if I can't get sleeved. Hope they have an answer for me today. Nobody is calling me with updates and it is unnerving.

Since I first posted, my husband has also had his first consult with Dr. Monash. We will be about 30 days apart from each other in the approval process. Dr Monash said he wouldn't recommend having our surgeries any less than 30 days apart. I'm so happy that we will go through this process around the same time & it's great to hear about another couple!

I am excited to have some fellow sleevers near by! Please keep me informed of your progress. It has been a super bumpy road in this "90" day business. Thought the bumps were over but apparently not. Not sure what the hell is going on with my approval now.

Me! I'm on month 4 of my preop diet, only 2 to go! Time is dragging so slow, I just want my surgery already!!!

Where in az are you? My husband is getting sleeved tomorrow morning and I'm scheduled for a band to sleeve revision (hopefully in same surgery) on may 11th. I agree with you; time has dragged for us too!

I'm in the Phoenix area. I see Dr. Swain at honor health. Currently awaiting a peer to peer review scheduled for Tuesday for my denial to be overturned for an approval. I'll keep you all updated.