Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For newbies, I'm Just starting the process......wait a minute, that can't be right.

Hi! I'm a newby here too! Glad I found this forum!

I had my first consultation on January 13, and I'm beginning my six month (Doctor supervised) weight loss program as required by my insurance company starting tomorrow... I'm so excited I have started on this journey, and I look forward to the end results!

I have seen my cardiologist, who ordered a chest x-ray and two follow up tests to make sure my heart is healthy for surgery. I have my psych appts made, and have to attend one group which I'll probably do the first Saturday of next month.

I started doing a food diary right after my initial consultation, and I'm already down 3 lbs. I wish I had my surgery date! But I realize - patience comes to those who wait, and it should be here before I know it!

I'm well on my way to getting this surgery scheduled, and seeing a healthier me!

Oops! Double posted

Edited by mclorrie

My next step is meeting with my PCP for referral approval. February 9 I get EKG, EDG and chest X-ray. Hopefully will meet with surgeon that week and schedule surgery. Depends on how quick insurance approves. But could have surgery 2/23.

Dear LBS15, I was wanted to let you know I am doing the same exact steps right now with my sleeve. I have been trying to get this done since July 28, 2014, and it feels good to be almost done now. My starting weight is the same as yours as well, so I hope that we can keep in touch and maybe keep each other accountable. Please let me know. Thanks Tess

Guess I had the hiccups, sorry bout that. :)

Edited by chubbsey1

Tess, that would be great! My PCP approved surgery so just have to wait on insurance and pre op testing!

Dear LBS15,

Glad to hear you were approved by your PCP and now just waiting on insurance and pre op testing. I got all my pre ops done but waiting on the insurance and PCP approval I have one more class that they are requiring me to take on 2/9 andthen hopefully will have a date.

Keep me posted on any information. your pal Tess

Update! I received the call from my cardiologist yesterday. After having an chest x-rays, electrocardiogram, sleep study, and 0% Calcium score! My cardiologist gave me clearance for surgery! That's one major hurdle done! All I have left is four more doctor supervised appointments, psych appointments, and one group meeting and I'll be on my way to knowing my surgery date! Getting excited!!

Edited by mclorrie