Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone became anorexic after gastric sleeve or post surgery eating avoidance disorder?

Did anyone became anorexic or post surgery eating avoidance disorder after gastric sleeve, how many calories u we're u taking 3 months 6 m or a year after surgery and for how long. Did u have any appetite , how much weight have u lost.

You seem to be really fixated on calorie restriction. May I suggest that you talk with a counselor or therapist? Since you are asking the same question over an over it is obviously preying on your mind.

I agree, you do seem fixated on calories. Do you want to have an eating disorder? There is an interesting documentary on YouTube titled, "Addicted to Food: Sharon's Story". The video is split into two parts. It tells the story of a woman who became the fattest woman in Britain and was constantly ridiculed in the tabloids. She underwent WLS and was so determined to get thin that she restricted her calorie intake to a miniscule amount. She lost a lot of weight, but never really got to enjoy her new thin life. Why? Because SHE DIED of malnutrition.

You have to focus on getting healthy after weight loss surgery, not starving yourself. Nevertheless, you have been told that before on this forum.

I was getting 1000-1200 calories during my losing period. I was recording everything I ate then, mostly to ensure I hit my Protein goals and understood what nutrition I was getting. IMHO, low calorie is not a sustainable plan. I worked, (and it WAS WORK early on to boost my calories above 1000, to help set my metabolism in the most manageable place I could get it for long term success. I lost steadily, but not speedily and reached a 95 pound loss to land in my goal range in abound 9 months. I've been maintaining for about 9 months now, no longer food logging and its not "easy" but it is manageable. As long as I make quality choices 80% of the time and maintain an exercise routine, it works for me. Balance. Is. Key.

I agree, you do seem fixated on calories. Do you want to have an eating disorder? There is an interesting documentary on YouTube titled, "Addicted to Food: Sharon's Story". The video is split into two parts. It tells the story of a woman who became the fattest woman in Britain and was constantly ridiculed in the tabloids. She underwent WLS and was so determined to get thin that she restricted her calorie intake to a miniscule amount. She lost a lot of weight, but never really got to enjoy her new thin life. Why? Because SHE DIED of malnutrition.

You have to focus on getting healthy after weight loss surgery, not starving yourself. Nevertheless, you have been told that before on this forum.

I am three weeks post op and this video really helped me realize I was going a little too far in the other direction. I have maybe two small meals a day with maybe a Protein shake, and I am showing some signs that I recognize from when I was anorexic in high school. I went from anorexia, to bulimia, to overeating...and now I refuse to continue the cycle. Thank you for sharing that video, I am going to try and eat more, do more foods with Protein, and be better about my weight loss. I don't want to trade one addiction for another.

To OP, anorexia is horrible and you shouldn't emulate it. It may seem like the most effective way to lose weight but it isn't. You would lose more weight following the diet plan. Pre-op I lost 20 lbs in two weeks following the diet. Post op I've lost 15 in three, because I can't get my calories in due to nausea and post-op issues. You'd lose more on the low-carb diet I was on than on the nearly-anorexic one I tend to be doing right now. But I'm going to change that!

I too suffered from a eating disorder. I honestly think it's was causes me to get so heavy. Binging and purging. Became just binging. Now that earring too fast had become a vomiting trigger. I talk about it. I talk on hear I talk to my support group. I know if I let it become a sick secret what that can do to me. So when I eat too fast and get sick I wait a bit and try again.

Yes. My binge eating has now 'morphed' into anorexia (worse, I am a male and been told 'men don't have/get eating disorders).

Every day is a struggle- if I lose 8 more lbs I am told I will have a reversal (RNY 2/9/17). I am nauseous 24/7. Eating is a chore. I struggle daily with getting my Protein (rarely), calories and hydration. An endo said I have 'irritation' in my pouch, 2 anti-nausea meds did nothing.

A (wonderful) lady suggested changing my anti-dep meds (the current can cause 'weight loss' (NOT what I need). Hope to have found a new psych... (I work with a LCSW, I have PTSD and another disorder). Do not like being around food, at all (was a chef, LOVED food- now? blech).

Anyone else?

Eatting can be a struggle I read that others state that you might be fixed on calories and realistically only you know your struggle! I eat between 800-900 calories a day because it can be a struggle to eat especially eating the right things, and avoid the fear of getting fat again! I am 6 months out of surgery and have lost 145lbs I sometimes feel that I don’t have enough time in the day to eat and make sure I get my liquids in. I would suggest logging in all u eat on Baritastic it helps us to see what we eat and counting calories is not a bad thing... if we counted calories in the first place we wouldn’t have needed the surgery to begin with so why not count them now to make sure we are successful! Always remember that you are in control of what you put in and you have the tools and the support you need!

If you think you may have an eating disorder, you should go to a therapist. I can see how this surgery could cause that - you definitely need to be mindful of your calories/macros to ensure you are losing weight in a healthy way.

I am 6 months out, and I am between 1,000 - 1,200 calories. I have lost 95 lbs.

Yep- been seeing one BEFORE the surgery (btw- HOW DO I CHANGE MY PROFILE??????? (I tried with ZERO success).... this was done eons ago before all this...

RNY 2/9/17 HW 450 SW 381 GW 208 CW 205

My challenge is finding a PSYCH who deals with food Issues that takes MEDICARE. I am hitting MAJOR walls...(ugh)...