Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't had my surgery yet (hopefully early feb) and I was told by my endocrinologist that my PCOS should be completely eliminated once I get to a healthy weight. She said she does have a few patients who are lean and have PCOS but she feels that because my weight is due to this that once that isn't an issue everything else will resolve. I also don't have extra hair, high testosterone, or cysts on my ovaries. I just have the lack of period without BC, thinning hair, insulin resistant, and extra weight/hard to lose. Fingers crossed it resolves for us!

I was sleeved in October and have PCOS. I have not noticed any decrease in the hair....but have started losing head hair like crazy! I keep checking, but no decrease.

I was sleeved in October and have PCOS. I have not noticed any decrease in the hair....but have started losing head hair like crazy! I keep checking, but no decrease.

What are you doing to combat it? My hair is currently falling out in clumps! My endo has so answers other than stress and I know the surgery will make it worse. I started taking 10,000 ius of Biotin as of this week and using mane n'tail Shampoo. I have resolved to the fact that I will probably have to cut my hair short a few months after surgery. As much as I love my long hair I want it to be as healthy and thick as it use to.

my 'hair' issue is not on my head but my chin and lip. if I don't take care of it daily..it grows back overnight

Sorry. I reread my response and I wasn't clear. I have hair everywhere from my PCOS -- lip, chin, sideburns -- everywhere. I have not had any slow down or decrease in any of that yet. I'm a little over 3 months post surgery. The only hair decrease that has started is the infamous head Hair loss. Started exactly 3 months out.

Cara24

I haven't taken Biotin. When it started and I realized how much was coming out I went and got it cut short. It definitely makes my hair seem fuller. I'm just waiting it out and hoping it stops soon!

Hi - I take Spironolactone for the hair issue. Waiting for my sleeve - band removed 2 weeks ago.

I would recommend looking into laser treatments. I used to have to literally shave every day, because I was growing so much thick hair. Plucking it all was impossible and really irritated my skin. I went to a medspa that was running a 2-for-1 deal, and got my neck and jawline (including chin) done for $750, which included 6 treatments approximately 6 weeks apart. Additional treatments were $90 each, and I needed 2 or 3, so total price was probably about $1000-$1100. It wasn't cheap, but it was quite possibly some of the best spent money I've ever spent! It's been about 5 years since my last treatment, and I only occasionally have to pluck a hair (and those aren't nearly as thick or dark as they used to be).

I'm also on spironolactone long-term (I've been on it for about 6 or 7 years). I'm not sure how much it actually helps with regrowth, but it couldn't hurt.

I was on spironolactone for Fluid but never knew it was supposed to help with the hair issues.my surgeon asked me to quit taking it after surgery because of dehydration.