Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2nd anyone?

Feb 2nd here. I have a 6am check in time.

Edited by just4myra

I hope everyone is doing well. My surgery is scheduled 10:45am with check in at 8:45am. I am super nervous. Anyone else nervous for Monday?

I have to be at the hospital at 8:45 am also. I am not nervous yet. That will come Sunday night. I already checked and they said I could take a sleeping pill as long as it is before midnight.

I am still at the hospital and wauting to check out. I think surgery went well i still have some gas pain and I am super swollen. How is everyone elae doing?

Surgery was yesterday. Everything went well. The pain coming out of anesthia was pretty bad but once I got controlled with pca its been good. I was up walking halls 4 hrs later. And then again at night. My nerves were so bad right before going in but they gave me iv versed and I was all good! Lol

Upper gi this morning

Hope all is great for everyone!

Hi everyone ???? surgery went well .. Recovery was a tad difficult with nausea. Once that passed I've felt great! Walking a lot and tolerating Clear Liquids for now. Just thrilled to be on the losers bench !! Going home today

Feb 2nd here !! Began my 1000 cal per day diet today for five days ... Then liquids for just 3. Reality is setting in!! So anxious to get this done and behind me! The mini bouts of panic do not help. Feeling positive at the moment - staying away from negativity is key!!

Sounds like the diet used by the Michigan Bariatric institute, My surgery was the second, and I startedmy 1000 calorie diet on Jan 25th.

Hi everyone surgery went well .. Recovery was a tad difficult with nausea. Once that passed I've felt great! Walking a lot and tolerating Clear Liquids for now. Just thrilled to be on the losers bench !! Going home today

Glad to hear your're doing well, I went home on Feb 4th. I'm so excited to be on the bench finally!

I came home on Weds Feb 4th also. My recovery has been easier than I expected. I am pretty comfortable. Stomach is a bit tight. I had very little nausea when I first was in the patient room. I was the only patient so always had at least 2 nurses. broth and Water are both going down well. Some gurgling, which I expected.

The nurses were great. They let me know exactly what to expect and what to do to make it better. The weather here yesterday sucked so I did some of my walking in laps in the house. Later we went to the mall at lunch. Had Wonton Soup broth. Later went to Target to shop and walk.

The worst part for me has been that I am not comfortable sleeping on my side so my back is killing me. I have been sleeping on my back more than I am used to.

I had my SLV on 2/2, was home 2/3 am now on day 5, can take the bandages off tonight. Doing well, hopefully will get to go out for a bit today. Pain free, liquid diet is tolerable, if I get hungry I drink a little Protein Drink. Happy losing to you all!

I had a rough time with nausea after surgery. I came to find out that my allergies were to blame. I was taking my daily allergy meds and my post nasal drip was giving me nausea. I'm 8 days out and feeling pretty good

How are the February sleeves doing? Mine was a revision surgery on 2/4. I started yogurt & pudding yesterday. I feel like I'm hungrier at night but content during the day. Just frustrated with the cold weather& snowstorms we keep getting

Hey everyone! I'm almost two weeks out and doing much better. My main incision is still healing, and I have to pack it everyday, which is not fun at all. I've moved on to soft Proteins, but can barely get a teaspoon down. I'm getting my fluids in no problem, and been working on my Protein. Anyone else having incision issues? I feel so lazy, but the binder has been my absolute best friend. How is everyone else doing?

10 days out. All my incisions are closed and healing well. I just have pain at the incision site where they took my stomach out. I'm still on a full liquid diet for another week

I am doing well. Had my 2 week visit yesterday. Cleared to a 25 pound weight lifting restriction instead of 10. I can start pureed on Sunday. I still sometimes feel like I have done too many sit-ups. It is more like I get tugging on the incision sites especially where the stomach came out and the camera was in. Those are my 2 larger incision sites. Incisions look good. Glue is starting to peel. My doctor does glue and no steri strips.

12.5 pounds since surgery date. 23.5 since pre-op. Even the yoga pants are fitting looser.

I will redo measurements on Sunday. I know I lost 1 each on each thigh only a week out. I couldn't see much where I had lost weight but I could feel it on the top of the thigh so we measured that. I have also realized I should have measured forearm and ankles and thigh just above knee. I think I have lost weight in the wrists and ankles but didn't take baseline measurements for there. I will add them to the list on Sunday.