Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2nd anyone?

I am having surgery on February 4th also I started in September on a high Protein low carb diet and have lost 52 lbs. We don't have a pre op diet other then the high Protein low carb one I have been on. The night before surgery nothing after 6pm I am so excited.

Good luck everyone and see you on the losing side.

@GlammieGrammie , I am Feb 4 as well! I am doing really well on the pre-op diet. Anxious for the big day. 1 week, 2 days to go! Are you starting Clear Liquids on the first? When are yo doing the dreaded laxative clean out?

7 days until surgery! Getting closer! I'm so worried about catching a cold, but I've been trying to get enough sleep, and take all my Vitamins. Hopefully I can stay healthy for another week! Hope everyone is counting down! :)

I was told clear liquids for 14 days prior.

WOW! 14 days on only clear liquid! How do you keep from passing out?

It does not have to be clear liquid - the purpose of having just fluids is to lighten up the liver for surgery. Keep in mind you can't go out and have a milk shake. I use to love boiling up chicken broth (cubes) or beef. Other favors I worked with was from the Ramien selection ; just for the Fluid and flavor. Hope this helps. Also "spark" from advo care was a great source for fluids during the day for me

Surgery date Feb 3rd! 7 more days of Protein Shakes and clear liquids. Ugh. Its rough but I'm doing it!

I am scheduled for Feb 2nd. I am on a low carb high Protein diet. I have 2-3 shakes a day and 1 meal of 3oz of protein and a 1/2 cup of veggies. The first week was really hard but this week has been a little better. Good luck to everyone!

Surgery date Feb 3rd! 7 more days of Protein shakes and Clear Liquids. Ugh. Its rough but I'm doing it!

I am Feb. 4! Funny thing, I am dropping a ton of weight on the Protein shakes! And I feel pretty good! My nut suggested adding chia seeds to my shakes and it really made the difference in keeping me full-feeling. Try it!

I'm also getting my surgery on 2/2 I've started my pre-op diet and feel crazy on just liquids

I'm also scheduled for 2/2. I'm on my pre-op diet, I start liquids on Friday!

It's almost 2/2, and I'm getting super excited. So many people are sick here at work, so I've been lysoling everything and washing my hands a ton! I know I can't get a cold before surgery! I must admit, with the shakes my hunger is almost gone, once I drink them, I feel fine again. I'm down 11 pounds in a week and two days since starting the pre-op diet. I'm ready for it to be over! How is everyone else doing?

I am down 8.5 pounds since 1/23/2015. I had final pre-admission testing down. Gallbladder ultrasound, blood work, urinalysis, and chest xrays. I saw a doc other than my surgeon that is affiliated with the hospital I will be at. He would be the one to treat me if some thing medical goes wrong while I am there. Dr. K only deals with surgical complications.

Today's doctor had only one concern and that was that my sodium was a little low. He is thinking that I have flushed it out with the liquids I am drinking. He also told me to NOT take my blood pressure medicine the morning of surgery. He thought it was a little low and doesn't want it tanking the day of surgery.

The pre-op diet has not been that bad. Sunday night I had a little cheat. I was making a cake for a co-worker and it had chocolate buttercream icing. I did two really really small tastes just to make sure it was chocolately enough. DH checks my vanilla buttercream but can't do chocolate. Chocolate gives him Migraines. I actually am not a huge fan of icing. I used to make custom cakes a lot and got overloaded on the buttercream icing. I actually started to hate the smell of it. Not quite that much of an aversion.

Hey everyone! January is almost over! I'm so excited. Just 2.5 more days, phew! It's been a loooooong time coming, but I'm very happy it's almost near. I go into the hospital at 5:15 am on Monday, should be done by 8 am! If I don't talk to everyone before Monday, good luck with your surgery. I'm wishing everyone the best! :D