Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Genepro Users-check this out.

Hello, SO for everyone who uses GENEPRO Protein powder. I have been trying to get the people at Musclegen ( the company that makes it. To help me understand their claim that 1 tablespoon of their product contains 30 grams of Protein when the tablespoon itself only holds 15 grams of product. Finally after posting numerous times on their website and Facebook I emailed them directly to see if they wished to send me some product to try, under my video taste tests that I do on my blog. Well they declined and also explained about the product and its claims.

This one blew my mind.

They do not have 30 grams of protein in one tablespoon of product. The say that their product is absorbed 3 times better than regular whey isolates so therefore the 10 grams of protein in their tablespoon is equal to the absorbed amount when you drink 30 grams with a non GENEPRO product.

Well! they do not do this knowing that sleeve patients ( I don't know about band or DS) due to the smaller surface area of the stomach absorb more per area than a normal person does. So if you are really trying to get the amount of protein you need, then you need to triple up on this stuff.

I personally do not like this marketing ply of the 30 grams in one tablespoon thing. But I have no control over that.

I was so concerned when I read this, cause I rely so heavily on genepro for my protein. I ran across this on a body building blog, seemed to answer things for me...

Genepro - highest rated protein on the planet

LARGEbagFrontWEB.jpgHey there guys. I am the Doctor/Genetic Bio-Scientist that invented Genepro and am the owner of Musclegen Research. Serving size is 1 Tablespoon = 30g of protein.. Here is a little about the product and the difference between Genepro and any other protein on the market. We are working with bodybuilding.com to carry Genepro as well as out other products..

What makes Genepro so unique is that we are able to reduce the protein molecule to half the size of normal protein through a process called Electrophoresis. This is a reverse electrical polarity method of extracting pure protein. In essence we take protein molecules that, for reference, are the size of a baseball. We push these baseball sized protein molecules through a Polyacrylamide gel (the gel stays below 87 degrees F) and introduce electricity through the gel. This process removes hydrogen ions, allergens and any fillers or binders so we are able to then bind the protein with a strand of six amino acids called a Hexapeptide which stabilizes the molecular structure. This hexapeptide increases shelf life of the protein as well as balancing the bitter taste that is present with the protein after electrophoresis and actually gives the protein a slightly sweet undertone. The protein is pushed through a filtration system and into a centrifuge which results in a pure protein molecule that is now the size of a golf ball (for reference). You may not be able to fit 30 baseballs into a shoe box but you can fit 30 golf balls. Thus giving us the ability to get 30grams of protein in a 1TBS serving size. This process also changes the caloritic count as well to 3.2 calories per gram of protein. The process as well at the hexapeptide are patent pending and have never been used before in nutrition (it's a genetic process that is used primarily in forensic science). The other interesting fact is that most protein supplements digest in the lower GI and whey is absorbed at only 31% so if you're "taking" 30g of whey, your body is only taking in 9g. Genepro is digested in the upper GI which eliminates gluten, lactose and bowel sensitivity and absorbs at a rate of 94% which makes it 3 times more effective than any other protein on the planet (medical or open market). Flavorless and odorless and can be mixed instantly in any food or beverage (hot or cold) without changing the taste or consistency. Truly the most complex and advanced protein on the planet. Each 1pound container comes with 3 empty, re-useable travel pouches that make it super convenient to use anytime, anywhere and in anything

This is timely for me as I have just purchased some. Thanks for the response and explanation.......consumers are educated now and need to have the level of detail provided. I'm not a scientist and can only go on how my body is responding. I'll keep you posted.

This statement only makes me more leery. The product is basically so manipulated it really isn't even Protein anymore. It's just genetically modified molecules that used to be protein. Where are all the anti-GMO advocates on this one? Who's to say the body even recognizes it as protein. Where are the studies that show the pre and post serum levels? Where is the amino acid profile? Does it supply the essential amino acids that our bodies can't synthesize? Again, where are the independent 3rd party studies supporting any of this company's claims? If it's so great, Where is the FDA approval? Until I see answers to these questions, it's still just snake oil.

Skeptics can continue to unite...I have used this product AS MY ONLY Protein supplement twice daily for months. 1 in the morning on the way to work and once before bed. I manage to average 10 grams I'm my 3 other small meals. Seems my Doc wouldn't tell me I was getting too much protein if this product was bogus. This forum is for support not to scare people.

I believe the purpose of the forum is to also educate not only support. This product is making claims that are simply impossible. Criticisms of the product is not criticizing the users of product.

Skeptics can continue to unite...I have used this product AS MY ONLY Protein supplement twice daily for months. 1 in the morning on the way to work and once before bed. I manage to average 10 grams I'm my 3 other small meals. Seems my Doc wouldn't tell me I was getting too much protein if this product was bogus. This forum is for support not to scare people.

So no one is supposed to talk about leaks or infections or severe GERD or dehydration or Hair loss or Vitamin deficiencies or other complications because they are scary?

I was simply stating that MY physician approves the use of this product

as it has met MY Protein requirements. Most supplements these days are

not FDA approved so each to their own. This topic seems to be slamming a

product they have not tried. I thought we were free to state our

opinions here. I must have misunderstood. I have used this forum

for info and support. Scary does not bother me but RUDE does.

I won't bother anyone else on this forum with my time.

I was simply stating that MY physician approves the use of this product

as it has met MY Protein requirements. Most supplements these days are

not FDA approved so each to their own. This topic seems to be slamming a

product they have not tried. I thought we were free to state our

opinions here. I must have misunderstood. I have used this forum

for info and support. Scary does not bother me but RUDE does.

I won't bother anyone else on this forum with my time.

You are certainly welcome to express your opinion but so are others. And one doesn't have to have tried a product to have an opinion on the science and research behind it. Now if someone were commenting on the taste or whether it agreed with their stomach without trying it, well that's another issue!

I think both sides can express their opinion and readers can listen and evaluate the arguments and make their own choices. And I don't think expressing a counter opinion is a scare tactic.

Out of curiosity you said your Dr said you were getting "too much protein." Was that based on the number of grams you reported or on some particular test results? Can you share what your numbers were that were too high? Either the grams or the test results? Curious as to what is considered too much. I get a LOT of Protein because of my workout plan.

My doc has stated that my urine is flooded with Protein on the second occasion she recommended I decrease my intake due to high ketones as well. We were testing due to extensive Hair loss and they determined it was due to the anesthesia. I am also shocked that the GENEPRO has such a small serving size; but so far it seems to work well for me.

That just doesn't make sense. Proteinuria is usually a sign of kidney disease, kidney or bladder infection, or some other medical problem such as diabetes (especially accompanied with the ketones), high blood pressure, and certain cancers. Some medications can cause it, too. I've never heard of excess Protein ingestion causing proteinuria if your kidneys are functioning properly.

I know you are a GENEPRO fan, and it sounds like you consume more of it than the average WLS patient that is getting most of their Protein from food. That, along with your proteinuria and the fact that GENEPRO consists of highly modified protein molecules got me thinking of a possible scenario. What if the genepro molecule is, in fact absorbed through the intestines very readily like the inventor claims. Now it's in the blood stream, but because of its altered, stable structure the body's cells can't actually break it down and utilize it. And the kidneys can't filter it properly. The only thing left for your body to do is excrete it in your urine. One way to test the theory is to cut out all genepro and start taking in the same amount of protein from 100% whey isolate and food based protein sources. If your proteinuria clears up, that goes towards supporting the theory. If not, I would seriously get on your doctor about doing additional tests. Plenty of WLS patients, body builders, athletes, etc get well over 100g of protein daily without proteinuria.

I'm not a doctor, of course, but being in the veterinary world, I've got a decent background in biochemistry and the basic bodily functions of animals are more or less the the same as people. We wouldn't just change the diet of a dog or cat who has protein in their urine. We would find out why, then come up with a treatment plan.

My doc has stated that my urine is flooded with Protein on the second occasion she recommended I decrease my intake due to high ketones as well. We were testing due to extensive hair loss and they determined it was due to the anesthesia. I am also shocked that the GENEPRO has such a small serving size; but so far it seems to work well for me.

Protein in the urine typically is a sign of kidney problems not too much protein in the diet. I had preeclampsia during my pregnancy and the first sign of that was protein in my urine then the high blood pressure followed. As said above it can be a sign of all kinds of medical problems be careful!

How many grams of protein are you eating/ingesting? I get well over 100 most days and don't have any in my urine.

Edited by jess9395

So after I finished up the pouch f GENEPRO, bought Quest unflavored to mix into my food and its repulsive! I have to use a lot more and the taste...ugh

Might go back to using GENEPRO. Wasted money on Quest and Syntrax unflavored :(

What about Unjury? How does it taste?

This process removes hydrogen ions, allergens and any fillers or binders so we are able to then bind the Protein with a strand of six amino acids called a Hexapeptide which stabilizes the molecular structure. This hexapeptide increases shelf life of the Protein as well as balancing the bitter taste that is present with the protein after electrophoresis and actually gives the protein a slightly sweet undertone. The protein is pushed through a filtration system and into a centrifuge which results in a pure protein molecule that is now the size of a golf ball

Do you know what happens when you start removing hydrogen atoms from a molecule? You completely change what a thing is. Start with hydrogen peroxide....remove one hydrogen and you get Water....remove two more hydrogens and you make oxygen. Or start with formaldehyde....remove two hydrogens and you have carbon monoxide.

Now think of what happens when you take protein molecules and start stripping off hydrogen atoms. What's left is certainly not protein. Your body responds to hydrogen peroxide and Water and oxygen in very very different ways. You can take in all the oxygen you want...it's still not water. I would speculate that eating a molecule that used to be protein but has had its hydrogen molecules removed so it no longer resembles protein in taste, odor or physical properties is not protein.

He said it himself, they turn baseballs into golf balls. But when it comes down to it, a golf ball is not a baseball. Just like GENEPRO is not protein, at least as far as human biochemistry is concerned. They STILL have not provided any scientific evidence that our bodies can utilize this "stable molecular structure". A simple pre and post protein serum level study would at least start to settle the controversy. But apparently the company's marketing ploys are so successful they don't actually need PROOF.