Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Genepro Users-check this out.

Hello, SO for everyone who uses GENEPRO Protein powder. I have been trying to get the people at Musclegen ( the company that makes it. To help me understand their claim that 1 tablespoon of their product contains 30 grams of Protein when the tablespoon itself only holds 15 grams of product. Finally after posting numerous times on their website and Facebook I emailed them directly to see if they wished to send me some product to try, under my video taste tests that I do on my blog. Well they declined and also explained about the product and its claims.

This one blew my mind.

They do not have 30 grams of protein in one tablespoon of product. The say that their product is absorbed 3 times better than regular whey isolates so therefore the 10 grams of protein in their tablespoon is equal to the absorbed amount when you drink 30 grams with a non GENEPRO product.

Well! they do not do this knowing that sleeve patients ( I don't know about band or DS) due to the smaller surface area of the stomach absorb more per area than a normal person does. So if you are really trying to get the amount of protein you need, then you need to triple up on this stuff.

I personally do not like this marketing ply of the 30 grams in one tablespoon thing. But I have no control over that.

Well I think their claim that they invented some process that makes their Protein absorb 3x better than any other protein is hogwash. If they really had done that, they would be able to write it up and publish it in a peer-reviewed scientific journal and the entire health/protein supplement industry would be beating a path to their door, begging to buy their process. Haven't seen any evidence of anything like that. And have you seen the other stuff they sell? "Testosterone booster," something called "Kranked" that allegedly gives you "superhuman strength," weird herbal supplements that look like they are supposed enhance men's, ah, sexual performance . . . I would not put anything from this creepy company in my body, let alone rely on it for nourishment post-surgery.

You know that saying....if it sounds too good to be true...

Thanks for the heads up. I will not be using their products. This surgery is too impt to screw up due to false advertising.

Thanks for sharing this info! I have heard rave reviews on it from the boards, but have been very skeptical. I am really glad I didn't try it and didn't waste my money. The idea of what they claim is awesome and somebody really needs to come up with this type of product with scientific evidence supporting the claim.

Like Bufflehead said, as soon as I saw the other products they put out and the "miracle" performance they claim, I ruled them out as a reputable source. Nowhere could I ever find if GENEPRO has a complete amino acid profile. And the complete lack of third party, scientific, fact-based evidence, and no FDA approval are other obvious red flags that this is a scam.

Edited by Kindle

I read up on it as well and see through their lies. Thanks for the info!

WOW......thanks for the info. I had purchased this product and have used it a few times thinking I was adding 30gm of Protein. Thanks for the heads up...

While I get what the controversy on the whole 15-30 grams thing is all about......if someone does in fact have a product that can effectively amount to an end result of more absorption per gram than the others.....exactly how would you market it so the consumer can relate to the benefits. If it is not apples for apples, it can't be compared the same.

Example - Take a car that travels at 50 mph for a distance of 30 miles to a destination. However the engine is very inefficient and only gets 10 miles per gallon using 3 gallons of gas to get there.

Along comes another vehicle that is much more efficiently tuned and travelling at the same 50 mph, gets 30 miles to the gallon and only uses one gallon of gas.

Result - same distance, same speed 1/3 less gas. ergo: same grams of Protein, less product.

All I'm saying is, I get their principle and can use the product accordingly. If I get good results, I'll continue to use it.

Besides, everything else I've tried tastes like crap......and this is tasteless. ;)

Please don't knock a product until you have tried it. Me and three other

sleevers all use GENEPRO EXCLUSIVELY daily. Love it in our soymilk and

in our Beans and cheese. It has been approved by our surgeons, and we all

are well within our normal Protein ranges up to 6 months post op.

I will continue to use this product and feel confident in its content.

While I get what the controversy on the whole 15-30 grams thing is all about......if someone does in fact have a product that can effectively amount to an end result of more absorption per gram than the others.....exactly how would you market it so the consumer can relate to the benefits. If it is not apples for apples, it can't be compared the same.

Example - Take a car that travels at 50 mph for a distance of 30 miles to a destination. However the engine is very inefficient and only gets 10 miles per gallon using 3 gallons of gas to get there.

Along comes another vehicle that is much more efficiently tuned and travelling at the same 50 mph, gets 30 miles to the gallon and only uses one gallon of gas.

Result - same distance, same speed 1/3 less gas. ergo: same grams of Protein, less product.

All I'm saying is, I get their principle and can use the product accordingly. If I get good results, I'll continue to use it.

Besides, everything else I've tried tastes like crap......and this is tasteless. ;)

Quest has a new tasteless one!

I have used GENEPRO along with other Protein powders since my surgery. I had my labs drawn at 6 months and my protein was excellent! I only get about 20 Proteins with food since I cannot eat enough to get in 80 grams of protein. My way of thinking is if it wasn't working my protein levels would have been way low because I count it toward my daily protein intake. And I have had no Hair loss or any other side effects. So for the me it WORKS! And I will continue the use of Genepro. And no I don't don't work for them nor am I paid by them. Just my experience.

Since this one was misleading, any rec's for a powder that has no flavor/taste and has a good amount of Protein?

Since this one was misleading, any rec's for a powder that has no flavor/taste and has a good amount of Protein?

Quest has a new unflavored one and it's the first one I actually can add into things and not taste a difference! Wish they'd had it earlier when I had my surgery, but better late than never!