Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really constipated.. I think...

I know it is TMI, but I am constipated.. I think.. I say I think because I haven't really pooped much in 3 days... BUT, I do not really feel like I NEED to poop...

Normal or not??

I took 2 stool softeners yesterday and then again 2 more today.. still no urge to go... I have also been drinking diluted apple juice.

anything else I should do? or just wait for things to get moving?

Same boat...it's been 7 days since surgery for me with one small bm 4 days ago. Finally started taking dulcolax stool softener yesterday so hopefully something will happen soon.

Milk of magnesia works wonders and is recommended by my surgeon. The stool softeners do not work well for me by themselves.

My coworker had the surgery in August and she recommended that I use Traditional Medicinals Smooth Move tea. She swears by it. I haven't had to use it yet.

I was able to find this at Walmart as well as Target.

Good luck!

Get used to it ... I was sleeved 7/1/2014 and have only had 2 natural "poops" since then. I have gone as long as 13 days without a bowel movement and as late as yesterday still was taking Milk of Magnesia (it didn't help) and Dulcolax laxative for women. I'm not sure this is entirely normal, but it's my normal.

Milk of magnesia works WONDERS, but you should take it before you get stopped up. I know this is TMI, but just imagine the plug already there and everything stopped up inside lol. It's not a pretty feeling when you actually do go. I was in extreme pain (I compared it to labor, but only the early contractions). I would suggest once you do go take a Fiber supplement (you can get sme to add to your water) to help regulate. I had two bad occurrences in 1 year. Let's just say, that's the once thing I make sure I'm on top of haha :).

Dont ignore it I would say, I had diarrhea after surgery for most part, then missed poop for 2 days, no urge, third day Constipation and it was a terrible ordeal.

Constipation seems to be the "next big challenge" it seems most have had a battle at some point post op. It is normal and you simply need to try and find what works for you. Everything above and I've also seen good reviews for Smooth Move tea you should be able to find at the local Walmart in the herbal tea section (top shelf) lol.

Wishing a happy outcome!

So you were sleeved in December. Are you ingesting anything other than Protein shakes yet? If not it may not be too unusual to only have a BM every few days. I was started on colace in the hospital. It worked for me.

If you are concerned there is a virtual laundry list of things to try. Colace, ducolax, Miralax, benefiber, prune juice, Smooth Move tea, Milk of Magnesia, Psyllium powder to name just a few. Talk to your doctor and see what he thinks.

Yeah I am about 5 weeks out and started to feel stopped up a few days ago. I started taking Metamucil last night just to kinda help get things along. Already I noticed my bloating feeling has gone down quite a bit. But I'm also taking in prunes too. I have been on regular food diet for about two weeks and slowly adding solid foods in. I would say look into things like Colace, Ducolax, Milk of magnesia, and Metamucil.

BLERDgirl~ I am on normal foods.. I have all of the following:

colace

benefiber

prunes

metamucil

miralax

apple juice

I am not getting many if any veggies in due to having to eat so much meat to meet the Protein requirement.

I am gonna have to make sure that I get more in with adding Beans and stuff in.

Thanks all!

I know this is a challenge and have to find what works for me.. takes some getting used to and I am still in the beginning of the rest of my life!

I was constipated and was told by my surgeon to try a reflexologist ! I didn't believe in it, but it worked after 1 session! I'm now a full believer! You have to try it once!!!

Smooth Move tea works wonders but my experience with it has been to not make plans the next day! 1 tsp ghee mixed in 1 cup hot milk just before bed works really well.

Ghee is a bit pricey to get here in the US unless you make your own.