Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved with a date of Feb 9th!

I heard today from my case manager and I am approved for surgery! February 9th is the date I was given. The date is subject to change since I'm waiting to hear back from my surgeon about my EGD. The day of my EGD he did say he saw some polyps - but as long as it doesn't come back positive for bacteria or anything it should be fine. It is a huge relief to hear that I'm approved with no difficulties.

What things should I buy before surgery? I would like to start making a list.

Thanks!

This is what i did..i got gasx strips the life savers...a good chap stick..lotions and of course my proteins.....

Congratulations! I am scheduled for Feb 2nd! So far I have purchased broth, cream Soup, sugar free Jello, gas x strips, and Protein Shakes. Good luck!

Hey, We may be surgery twins. I am slated for 9 February, however, my egd is on 29 January. Assuming all goes well, I will have revision.

Wishing you well!

MY surgery is February 9th,,, Good Luck going to follow suggestions everyone gives you. What are the gas x strips for?

EGD was great! I'm all clear for surgery! Feb 9th! I started my liquid diet today and I'll continue that all the way until surgery, yikes. So far not too bad today. I hope I don't struggle with it too much. Any tips for the liquid diet is appreciated.

Awesome job !! Congrats you are on your way there - welcome to send me a message whenever. Hey as a cool tip I use to drink the broth from the Ramien noodle containers (no noodles, remember)

Congrats! I am on my second week of liquids and i would say sugar free gum and crystal light have helped a lot.

On my second day of the liquid diet. I did fine until this evening - I had a break down moment. I was feeling really hungry and I just wanted to eat! I started thinking about how I could no longer go out to dinner and stuff my face full because this has become the norm for me. I like to eat, I look forward to going out for dinner with my husband and eating until we were stuffed, I guess it is both habit and comfort. So today, for about half an hour I cried and I was second guessing my decision. I was feeling defeated. Thank goodness for my wonderful hubby who reminded me that I have been working hard towards this for 8 months and I can't give up now. It's only a small moment in time, this feeling will pass and I will be proud that I overcome it. So, I sucked it up and drank my Protein milk and my Soup broth and I got over it! I started thinking of all the reasons I wanted to do this in the first place and of how big the reward will be. I want to be healthy, I do not want to become diabetic, which is where I'm heading if I don't get things under control. I want to be able to shop in any store and I want my body to feel better so I can do more active things with my family. It feels nice being able to share my thoughts and feelings with you all here because you understand where I'm coming from. Thank you for listening! Share your advice and thoughts.

2 newbeginningsx: Hang in there. I haven't had my "break down moment," but I feel it coming on. I am getting a little scared.

Gas x strips: Walmart.com