Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is the recovery like for tummy tuck, breast lift with agumentation

Hi everyone those of you that have had a tt breasts lift with inplants what was the recovery like? I'm a nurse and a bartender and was wondering how much time I'll need out of work and how painful it is?

I wanted to get my lower body lift and breast reduction done at the same time, but it required too much time under anesthesia, so I just got the LBL for now. I'm a nurse. My friend, who is also a nurse, got an abdominoplasty and breast reduction at the same time a year ago. She was a month out of work. She said she theoretically could have gone back after 3 weeks, but was glad to have the additional week. She also said the surgery affected her energy level for a lot longer, and she just got sick more often than ever before over this past year. Could be a coincidence though.

I had an abdominoplasty, and a breast lift and augment, as well as some Lipo in various areas done in August. The pain was minimal and recovery was actually better for me than was the sleeve. The recovery is less about pain and more about limited mobility in the sense that I found out exactly how much we use our pectoral muscles when vacuuming and how hard it is to get out bed when you can't use your abs. I was 100%, no more pain or awkwardness at 8 weeks, I was fully back to the gym and all activities at 5.5 weeks, and I was walking around grocery shopping and doing my normal activities within a few days of surgery. You just need to be careful with how much you lift, because the boobies and their new implants, feel really weird doing anything chest-muscle related for a few weeks.

I LOVE my plastic surgery results, so if you have the time to take away from work, I say go for it!

I had the works...pain was not an issue, but it kicked my butt. I was off work for 6 weeks.

@@hkdontplay, congrats! You look absolutely gorgeous.

@@hkdontplay

You have done fantastic. I'm also starting to look into plastics. I held most of my weight in my mid section. The loose skin I can deal with for now. But it does effect what I can wear and running. I have to pay myself. Taking off time I will have to work out. New employer who does not know I was morbidly obese. and none of there business.

Thanks yes I lost 150 pounds highest weight was 270 I weight 120 today but I would love to get down to 115 before my plastics in April 29th! I'm also 5'3

You look great. I had lower body lift and brachioplasty in August and was off about 3 weeks. I have a desk job, but I am a nurse, too. If I had a traditional floor position I think 6 weeks would have been needed. I just had a leg lift and breast lift/augmentation 5 weeks ago. I went back at about 3 weeks, but I'm still uncomfortable lifting. It feels strange to lift, push down or apply pressure when opening jars, and I can just now comfortably bend over and pick things up from the floor. I would suggest plan for 6 weeks and you can always go back early if you're up to it.

Thanks yes I lost 150 pounds highest weight was 270 I weight 120 today but I would love to get down to 115 before my plastics in April 29th! I'm also 5'3

I am 5'2" and had a lower body lift in November. Day of surgery I was 123 and now I run anywhere between 110 and 112. My surgeon took almost 7 lbs of skin off. I went from a size 6 or 8 to a 0 or 2. Amazing what 7 lbs of skin does!! Just be careful to get too thin beforehand because I can say I looked really gaunt at 108 which was my lowest a couple of weeks ago. 110 to 115 is my new 5 lb range. :)

I am 5'2" and had a lower body lift in November. Day of surgery I was 123 and now I run anywhere between 110 and 112. My surgeon took almost 7 lbs of skin off. I went from a size 6 or 8 to a 0 or 2. Amazing what 7 lbs of skin does!! Just be careful to get too thin beforehand because I can say I looked really gaunt at 108 which was my lowest a couple of weeks ago. 110 to 115 is my new 5 lb range. :)

Yes people keep telling me I don't need to lose anymore infact some if my co workers tell me I'm too skinny and to me that's crazy bc I still feel like a big beach ball but slightly deflated the extra skin kills me I'm in a lot of pain from it so the reason I wanna get down as low as I can so the procedure is worth doing but my boyfriend who is always been thin said I'm two skinny again this mind boggles me bc from being 270 with no health problems to now having all this back pain to the point of tears everynight I feel like what weight will ever make me feel good? Sorry for the rant

Yes people keep telling me I don't need to lose anymore infact some if my co workers tell me I'm too skinny and to me that's crazy bc I still feel like a big beach ball but slightly deflated the extra skin kills me I'm in a lot of pain from it so the reason I wanna get down as low as I can so the procedure is worth doing but my boyfriend who is always been thin said I'm two skinny again this mind boggles me bc from being 270 with no health problems to now having all this back pain to the point of tears everynight I feel like what weight will ever make me feel good? Sorry for the rant

Ok now I'll be a hipocrite because that is my newest pet peeve - people telling me I'm too thin. I am like when I was 267 at 5'2" no one said anything then. My response is I am in a healthy bmi and quite happy with my new shape. I wanted to comment only because our height and weight is so similar and having just gotten the lower body lift. :)

Oh and my loving husband of 18 years said I was bordering on concentration camp survivor when I was 108 (I was recovering from an infection, surgery and did look terrible but still). Trust me, we had a little chat after that comment. ;) I think people are just getting used to our new shapes least of all ourselves. I for one love my hot little body and feel great so anyone else can eff off.

I talked to my insurance company today about breast reduction & i only gotta pay $300 co pay plus 10%of $6,500 not bad from considering i just paid $8,500 for abdominalplasty 2wks ago.out of pocket.

Edited by counrtygirl

You look great HK! I am also a March Anniversary. I had the gastric sleeve. I have an appt. at the end of Feb. for my yearly. Not sure how much I've lost total yet. But it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 100+ lbs. I want to do plastics, but I"m a Cirrhosis patient so I don't heal well at all. So I'm going to discuss possible liposuction to begin with and see if that helps some with the pannis. This hanging skin is no joke! LOL I can't wait to get cleared for all of it. I'm currently looking for garments for this kind of thing, like holding the skin in tighter. I have no clue where to begin. Any ideas?

Edited by Newness