Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What exercise routine do you recommend it's to cold to walk outside?

Buy a video, if you have cable see what's On Demand. There are always yoga or pilates workouts available. Check out youtube. Sparkspeople has a series of exercises, many that can be done in a chair. Push come to shove, just walk through your house. I have a small house and for the first few says post op I would walk back and forth from the living room to the kitchen.

I worked with light weights and do squats and sit ups. I just recently joined a gym so I could do that since it's cold outside.

You could go to a mall and walk around there.

OK nobody throw tomatoes at me, but even intense house cleaning can be great exercise! Vacuuming, scrubbing the floor, dusting, etc. Moving furniture aside to clean those spots not often cleaned. RAWR! Not the funnest of tasks, but once the weight started coming off I was so full of energy and loved being able to move without something hurting that housework almost seemed fun again...well, almost. ;)

Edited by AlwaysVegas

I use exercise DVD's like Leslie Sansone (super low impact, great for beginners) and Kelly Coffey-Meyers (more impact, better for intermediate) and have had good luck sticking with them.

I use exercise DVD's like Leslie Sansone (super low impact, great for beginners) and Kelly Coffey-Meyers (more impact, better for intermediate) and have had good luck sticking with them.

Nice, nice, nice!!!

I love Leslie sansone workouts. Wii Fit is also a fun way to get some exercise in while it's cold out!

I have a treadmill and a seated elliptical (NuStep) at home. I'm using them a LOT this winter.

It really is tougher to walk outside when it's at or below freezing. Ugh.

Join a gym. I love to walk, but its freezing here atm and I can't stand to be cold since surgery. This past week, we joined planet fitness. We did their $10.00 a month plan and paid $1.00 to join. We didn't have to sign a contract. There is a annual fee of $29.00 billed in June if we still have our membership.

The biggest thing that stood in the way of us joining is the thought was extremely intimidating and I'm really shy when it comes to gyms. It was just fears. After we went, we saw that it was a very comfortable, relaxed and clean environment.

I admit, I'm not doing 12 miles a day anymore but I'm going to get back up there. I'm up to about 6 though.

We do a minimum of 30 minutes a day on the treadmill and usually 10 minutes on the elliptical thingy. We are starting weight lifting next week. They also offer personal trainers at no extra charge and they limit the class sizes for the personal trainers to 5 people at a time.

So with that being said, look into joining a gym. I think Planet Fitness has something like 400 locations across the country. I recommend them as we've had a great experience. I also like that they have readily available sanitation stations where you can clean the equipment before you use it. They tell you that your supposed to wipe the stuff down after each use and so far everyone I've seen there does do it.

I want to get to where we are going in the morning around 6 and in the evening around 8 or 9. I sleep so well after a good work out. @@alwaysvegas house cleaning is also a great workout. No Tomatoes to throw over that one.

Sounds like you've found your groove. I especially think going in the morning and evening is ideal for revving up your metabolism. Way to go!

I ride a stationary bike for 30 mins every day, plus walk over 10,000 steps a day. I use free weight every other day.

I like to go at those times because the gym isn't too busy. One thing that I just laugh so hard about now is the first night we went, the parking lot was full and we kept driving around for about 10 minutes looking for a parking spot that was really close. I then said... why are we joining a gym to walk on a treadmill and trying to park so close? And I wasn't the only one doing this, others were driving around even longer. Finally I parked as far away as we could. I usually do this because we have a new truck and I'm OCD about people dinging their doors into my truck.

They had plenty of spots, they just were not right by the door.

youtube!!! just search for 25 min workouts, create account and add those you like so you won't have to search.

But on side note MAYBE to inspire, I took my child as I am stay at home mom and went for walk in 20 degree weather. Had to put layers on him and myself! But the accomplishment beats any frost bite.

An hour once a week with my HOT, HOT, HOT 23-year old trainer keeps me warm and coming back 6 days a week (to impress him, mainly). Yes, I realize I sound like a crazy cougar - believe me, it's all in my head. I'm the model of appropriateness when I'm working out B) :blush: ;-)

Ellen

OK nobody throw tomatoes at me, but even intense house cleaning can be great exercise! Vacuuming, scrubbing the floor, dusting, etc. Moving furniture aside to clean those spots not often cleaned. RAWR! Not the funnest of tasks, but once the weight started coming off I was so full of energy and loved being able to move without something hurting that housework almost seemed fun again...well, almost. ;)

Seriously. I've been blessed with a house with 5 bedrooms and three full bathrooms. A huge garage that always needs organizing. Cleaning that beast burns mucho calories!!