Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 4 days out and can't get warm. The minute I stop moving I have to grab a blanket. Anyone else have this issue?

Since I've started loosing all the weight I am ALWAYS cold. Long sleeves, jackets, sweatshirts you name it! I've even started double layering when I get ready for work or going out. LOL

Yep, me too. 4 weeks out. My doc says he here's this even in summer. Rapid weight loss and low cal diet. Not sure how long this lasts.

My body temps are all screwy due to not having a thyroid. So when I read many posts on here where folks were cold all the time, I ran out to Walmart and bought a heated throw blanket. Best investment I ever made!!!

I too was cold for days after surgery. Probably had to do with the blood thinners in my system and the healing process. I was getting blood thinner shots before and after surgery, but I didn't have to take them once I was released.

You might as well buy some long johns now. :) As you lose the weight, the skin is gonna get thinner. My feet and hands get cold very easy since the weight loss. I start wearing thermal underwear in October.

It's a small price to pay. And just think of all that extra cash, between the money you save on lower food costs and lower electric bills in the summer! :P

You'll be getting one heck of a Return on Investment from the money you spent on surgery. (Yes, I am so cheap that I calculated that the lowered food bills over 3 years would pay for my surgery.)

Edited by joatsaint

Thanks everyone! You all are just the bestest. I'm still doing the blood thinner shots and didn't even think about that.

As I am typing this I am wearing a shirt, zippered hood ie sweatshirt and a down vest jacket inside the house! I also have a down blanket on my lap and guess what? My feet are like ice. I can't seem to warm them... not sure what's up with that? So yea I am freezing all the time.

Lol thanks ladies! We have warm hearts. Sending you all warm thoughts!

I sleep with 2 comforters and a quilt every night. My husbands sleeps with just a sheet because the house is so warm!

10 months out and still freezing!????

I wish I would have read this yesterday...I gave up and booked a March Cruise...I told my husband I don't need drinks,

really won't eat much food...But I need Sun & Warmth!

B)

I'm going on 2 years out and I am always freezing! I am always bundled up from Fall to Spring. At least in the summer I'm not drenched in sweat like I used to be, lol. Now I get in my hot car in the summer and I'm like, "Ahhhh" for a few seconds:) I need to move to some place warm, but my husband would roast!