Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss stall...?

I had my surgery 11/18/14. My starting weight when I started my liquid diet was 299. For over a week I have been between 247-248 (fluctuating all week). I think it's because I'm not getting all my Water in, so I've been making sure I DO get it in. Also my Vitamins. Nothing changes. I've been trying to get all my Vitamins and protein/carbs in (animal Protein is not easy to digest). I get about 600-700 calories a day.

What am I doing wrong??

Edited by justmona

Just stick to your plan and the pounds will start going down again. I ran into a stall that lasted a month ana I played with everything I could to start it but nothing worked. I found out it just happens. Best to you.

Keep on doing what you are supposed to be doing! It isn't unusual, most people have this happen at some point!

justmona- who says your doing anything wrong? I got my sleeve 11-4 . I started pre surgery at 348 and lost down to 312 by surgery. As of last dr visit 12-22 I was at 279 and seem to be hanging out at this weight for a bit. I do know a big part of my issue is I'm not getting in my fluids and enough calories so my body isn't letting go of anything. That being said I have noticed other changes. Like my bra no longer fits well and this was a new one I got at Christmas. I previously was in 26-28 jeans and a few weeks ago was thrilled to buy a size 20skinny jean at old navy that fit like a glove! I thought I would get a bit of wear out of them. Only to find today less than a month after I bought the jeans I can pull them down without undoing the button or zipper :/ I had purchased one size 18 pair of jeans from goodwill last week. They were going to be the jeans I could shrink into....only today I put them on and zipped them up! They fit like a glove for now..... The thing is maybe it isn't the number on the scale that you have lost... Maybe it's a jean size or something not related to the number on scale. :) give yourself time. My scale isn't moving but I'm ok with it because I've had more compliments about how people can really tell I'm loosing in my face in my clothes and it seems everywhere except the number on te scale.

Thank you Athena. Very nice words & appreciate them very much.

Just Mona. We are about the same time period. Rny 11/4 and started at 295 the day before preop. I'm now at 242. Had a nice long week stall at around 250. My problem I think was mental block at the 250 mark. Anyways once I got over it I dropped like 5 lbs in 3 days and right on track for my 30 day running average of 20 lbs lost. I have given up on the weekly weight loss. I look towards monthly. Still weigh myself everyday though cause I am amazed at the loss. But I'm the crazy one to still weigh everyday when others have tossed there scales

I am 4 months out and i stall every 2 weeks. It's crazy. I will lose 5-7 pounds 1 week then nothing for 2... Lose 5-7 pounds nothing for 2. So I guess that's just what my body does. I finally at almost 4 months out quit worrying with the numbers. I'm down almost 50 pounds. Went from a size 22 to a size 16 reg jeans. I quit fussing with the scale everyday. Or every week for that matter. Just frustrates me when I know I eating right and it doesn't move.

Lol. Yes, the scale is awful!! I TRY not to weigh every day. And I just cannot bring myself to throw it away.

But good news. Weighed myself yesterday. Down to 245.

Patience is a virtue, right?! ????

In fitness and working out diet approaches, stalled are handled by shocking the body by a change. Either food or workout related or both. The body begins to get accustomed to the same thing and it starts to accumulate and work to conserve your weight because we are evolved to prevent weight loss.

You can try dropping your carbs down. I'm not sure how many you eat but you could do a few days of very low carbs (below 30 grams ) and then a week or so of 50 grams. At the same time increase your Protein by ten grams a day.

Add in weight training. Lifting weights works by increasing your metabolism all day long, biting calories while you do it, and adding muscle which means your body has to now permanently burn more calories to keep your weight the same. So your metabolism is faster and hotter. The perfect way to lose weight.

Add in cardio but if your already doing it, either do it for longer or go harder at it. Also use intervals. Interval training in cardio, for instance walking two minutes, jogging one minute, running 30 seconds, repeat, is a huge boost for your metabolism. It's the best form of cardio you can do and also the easiest and fastest way to get it done.

All of these things will shock your body and break your stall. And if you hit another, change again and your body will again break the stall.

Thank you!! That helps a lot.

bodyweight.png?ts=1422721598

Edited by justmona