Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many times a week or month do you weigh yourself?

Every morning. Keeps me on track. I'm not upset when I bounce a few pounds.( up or down) I know it will move again . It's helping me to understand maintenance.

The ONLY person that can determine how often you should weigh yourself is YOU. Everyone is different. Just like everyone will lose weight at different rates, everyone uses the information from the scale in different ways. I personally weigh every day. I also keep a spreadsheet that I enter my daily weight on. I have it set to calculate the following:

Today's Date
Max weight lost

Lowest weight to date

Projected to Reach Onederland

Average daily weight loss

Average daily weight loss last 30 days

Average Weekly Weight Loss

Average Monthly Weight Loss

Days since surgery

Weeks since surgery

Weight lost since surgery

Total weight lost

Current Weight

I'm a dork when it comes to spreadsheets. I use this information as motivation to keep making the right choices. I see the results when I don't. Yes it bums me out when I weight more one day than I did before. But that makes me work harder. And it reaffirms my decisions when I see my weight go down. If I aim to get my average weight loss up, I am affecting my whole journey, not just the next days weight. But again, that's just me. If you want to see your weight every day, then weight yourself every day. If you think it will depress you to see the scale fluctuate on a daily basis, then you should probably wait a few days. I would suggest you keep a routine. Either every day, or on the same day every week, or the same date every month. That's the best way to actually track weight lost. Make sure you wear the same thing every time you weigh and do it at the same time of day. Doesn't matter if you wear clothes or not. You're tracking the amount lost, so as long as you're wearing the same thing, you'll get the same results. Best of luck to you! Remember, we are all on a journey and no two people will have the same experience.

Edited by beachgurl84

I weigh twice a month - on the 1st and then again on the 18th. (My surgery was on the 18th of the month). That's more than enough for me as I don' t want to obsess about it and I don't need to know my weight on a daily basis to keep on track. I can tell I'm losing inches by the way my clothes fit. But as others have said we all deal with things differently and you need to find what works for you.

In the beginning I would weigh myself every other week. Now I weigh myself twice a week.

I weigh myself and take measurements once a week. I also keep a food journal. I'm 2.5 months post op.

Even though I shouldn't I weigh myself every morning I can't stop myself!

I'm another daily weigher and not ashamed to admit it LOL! I also track food (used to every day, then went to 2-3 days a week, now back to almost daily to figure out how to stop losing). It never made me crazy though all the fluctuations. As everyone has said, everyone is different and whatever works for you!

Before surgery, never. Denial denial denial. After surgery, daily. I was euphoric when I was losing a pound a day. Then it started to depress me when I'd bounce or stay the same. So for the past several months I've weighed weekly. This is much better for my psyche. That's just me.

Every other day if i remember...

Before surgery, never. Denial denial denial. After surgery, daily. I was euphoric when I was losing a pound a day. Then it started to depress me when I'd bounce or stay the same. So for the past several months I've weighed weekly. This is much better for my psyche. That's just me.

I agree. Before surgery I avoided anything that might indicate my weight. I think that's one reason I'm so adamant about weighing daily now, it keeps me honest.

hard time not weighing myself everyday.

@@gamecockfan864

i have chosen to weigh every morning after i get dressed

i usually am wearing my blue jeans and my sneakers

even though "its" just a # i do want to see if i have gained/lost/maintained

weighing weekly would be more accurate

difference in weight would be more accurate

when you/me weigh daily - there is sometimes a fluctuation

weighing daily works for me

i wouldn't commit hairy carry if i didn't weigh one day

or if i gained weight ;)

I don't think i would :blink: ;)

give the following choices a chance :)

weigh daily

weigh weekly

monthly

or spread out weighing even more ie biweekly

since you didn't mention otherwise

sounds like recovery is going fine?? :)

keep up the good work by walking and following plan

thats the way towards success

you are aces :)

wishing you a healthier, happier, longer life with the sleeve

who deserves it more? ;)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I am more OCD than Rain Man, so I'm another one of those who hop on the scale after everything's been taken care of. No clothes? You better believe it. Part of it is just seeing these lower numbers -- what a great way to start the day. And second is just my obsessive personality combined with curiosity. The thing is, I've gotten so I know *exactly* how much I'll weigh when I get up. And I find that fun.

I weigh daily Mon-Fri. On the weekends I usually do not weigh. I also do not weigh the week of my period.... I found it upset me with the gain I always get. You really just have to figure out what works best for you. If I have a day I make bad food decisions I may skip weighing the next day because I am the type to be upset about the gain on the scale.

Everyday, once a day. My morning routine is bathroom, scale and then shower. I need the daily accountability.