Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My nut said wait about 3 months to drink alcohol or eat out. But everything she said about alcohol was more precautionary about the empty calories & getting drunk fast. Nothing specific about it being a problem medically.

I heard that dr doesn't want you to drink because they don't want you to trade one bad habit for another.also alchol tends to make you graze.thats what happened to my friend a year after her bypass she started drinking a lot after she lost over 100 lbs and also added junk food while she was drinking.needless to say shes a sloppy drunk and gained back more then half her loss and is now going for the lapband.

I am 1 month out. Last night I went to a concert with dinner before hand. I had a few ounces of hummus and also ordered a Cabernet. I had 4 sips of it over an hour. I didn't get sick. The first sip was too big and it kind of rushed to my head at first but I was fine. No pain. I got slightly buzzed but didn't last long at all. It was kind of weird for me to be at a concert with so much alcohol and not partake, but I still had a blast! I danced around and had fun :)

what about frozen margaritas? the girls from work like to go out every couple weeks and i don't want them to think anythings up. lol

what about frozen margaritas? the girls from work like to go out every couple weeks and i don't want them to think anythings up. lol

You would have to be very careful with frozen margaritas because they tend to be loaded with sugar. Some people can get sick from too much sugar and the loads of sugar combined with the alcohol might be too much.

Bud Light in a bottle??

Bud Light in a bottle??

Did your doctor warn you against carbon? Some say it can stretch your stomach, others say it won't. Not worth the risk in my opinion but you also have to be careful about carbs. Beer is loaded with carbs.

@ beachgurl84

I do think it varies for individuals and it has nothing to do with brain damage. My co-workers who by the way drink like fish, husband was sleeved Nov 2013 she was dec 2013. They began driking 6/8 weeks out and she has lost 105 lbs. and he has lost 185 lbs. So while I would not encourage anyone to drink and bar hop often as much as they do, well again to each his own but it's not going to kill you and I suppose it varies as far as stopping weight loss progression. It sure has NOT stopped theirs.. they r still losing...

@ beachgurl84

I do think it varies for individuals and it has nothing to do with brain damage. My co-workers who by the way drink like fish, husband was sleeved Nov 2013 she was dec 2013. They began driking 6/8 weeks out and she has lost 105 lbs. and he has lost 185 lbs. So while I would not encourage anyone to drink and bar hop often as much as they do, well again to each his own but it's not going to kill you and I suppose it varies as far as stopping weight loss progression. It sure has NOT stopped theirs.. they r still losing...

@@aclinton16

You obviously missed my second post about this subject. BTW - Which medical school did you graduate from? Obviously you did since you are implying what you think is the answer to all. I only imparted what my doctor's office told me. We all think to each his own, but to say you think it has nothing to do with brain damage is misleading unless you have a medical license. If you take a moment to research some academic articles on the internet instead of posting what you think with nothing to back it up, you will find numerous studies performed that do indicate alcohol can lead to neurological damage based on so many factors for each individual. Their own tolerance, calorie intake, ketosis, glucose levels, muscle mass, liver mass, it goes on and on. So it's not damn wonder it effects people differently. So as I said before, to each his own but it's not worth the risk to me. But don't worry, we'll all sleep better tonight knowing you think brain damage won't happen.

WOW! @ beachgurl84 u sound so disgruntled. My statement was to answer is that why doctor says do not drink. Not to u specifically. And we ALL POST what we think, knowing that none of us are medical professionals. I don't THINK docs are telling their patients not to drink due to brain damage issues. Of course alcohol and sooo many other drugs can cause these and many more sever issues. Do I think that why ur doc says x amount of time and others doc say 6 months, some say 3, some say 6 weeks. No I don't THINK so...

But common sense says we should ALL follow our own doc orders... no one else.

Hope you have calmed down. This forum is to help and everyone provides their opinion. It is NOT to be hostile towards one another since we are all in this together.

Good luck to you.

The point of this forum is for all to share thoughts and opinions. No need to take any one so personally.

This is just my opinion and what I think. :P

OK, let's stop fighting and have a drink. First round is on me. :P

Last week we went wedding dress shopping with my future daughter in law and her mom. At the salon they had mimosas. I was not about to say no! I was 7 weeks out so I slowly sipped it and enjoyed it tremendously! I took my time and sipped it without any problem.