Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Workout Music-Whats Your Song?

Hello all, I have been compiling my favorite workout music, but sometimes you just forget how many great songs there are out there. So let me ask what is your favorite workout song or songs that move you during a workout?

Being an Ex-DJ I have about 50 thousand songs left in my database, maybe we could put together an official BP Workout Song playlist even.

Oh also if anyone ever wants to have a favorite song made into a workout song, that is adding a beat behind it etc so you have that great thump thump, i can do that. free of course. I did a whole bunch of Metallica and the like, songs for my old Physical therapist who also runs those boot camps everyone is involved in. came out great. Just let me know.

Ill start,

My fave workout song is -Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue.

Wrecking ball…Miley and this girl is on fireee Alicia Keys…but in general the songs on my mobile are motivating...

I use Pandora a lot when cycling. "Classic Rock Power Workout Radio". Running I use the Pandora station "Running (Radio Mix) Radio"

I also download FREE workout mixes at steadymixes.com

I'm old school R&B, hands down: Earth, Wind & Fire. Temptations, etc., OJays. Whitney, Stevie Wonder, etc.

More recent tunes: Blurred Lines [Robin Thicke]; Treasure [bruno Mars]. The Way [Ariana Grande].

And I've got some great jazz tunes with great beats: Groove is in the Heart [Rick Braun]; others.

Gospel: Fall Down [Tramaine Hawkins]; others.

@@Stevehud

I love hard driving music. (Its not everyone's taste) I love to take my stress and anger to the gym. It motivates me and has done wonders for my mental health.

Here are a few songs off my list. (tuns me in to a beast working out)

Adrenaline by 12 stones (love the lyrics)

Mr MTV by nothing more

Big bad wolf by In this moment

So many that it's hard to think of just one. I really like Lose Yourself by Eminem.

Cool down song - Part Time Lover by Stevie Wonder. Perfect for the slow jog

Work Out, high intensity - Titanium Club Mix by Sia featuring David Guetta.

Yoga or Pilates - Anything New Age-y like Enya

Those are just a few.

Fantastic Voyage by Lakeside and Party Train by the Gap Band keeps me moving!!!

I am kind of obsessed with Pitbull right now - Fireball fires me up!

There is an awesome radio app in the App store called FitRadio .. it has mixes from all types of genres :) .. AWESOME work out music !

Gonna Make You Sweat, by C&C Music Factory. It is on a Party Starter DVD that I have. It works for both aerobic and weights.

I don't have one favorite song but they have to be up-tempo, the kind of music where you want to get up and dance. I have been using "Rock My Run" app which has a good set of free music. There are times that the music is so good that I really want to stop walking/running and just dance but I don't want to look like the weird lady at the park! lol

Songs like: Dance to the Music, Footloose, We Got the Beat, that sort of thing.

Love "Good Feeling" by Flo Rida! Such a great beat and the words make me happy every time! Gotta Good Feeling oh yea :)

I am so motivated by music when working out. I actually listen to iTunes radio, specifically the classic rock station.

Somewhere I still have an old cassette tape with Steve Miller Band Live! on one side and Rolling Stones (best of, or greatest hits or something), which I used to power-walk to.

Steve Miller Band:

Gangster Of Love
Rock 'N Me
Living In The USA
Fly Like An Eagle
Jungle Love
The Joker
Mercury Blues
Take The Money And Run
Abracadabra
Jet Airliner

I don't remember all of the Rolling Stones songs, but I know some were: