Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Update - for anyone planning or thinking about revision

Thank you sooo much for this post and the comments on it, I really needed it right now...Ive had my band since 07 and will be doing a revision Feb 4...Im soooo excited and canNOT wait to get this band out, but I am also veryyyy nervous, thank you for this post to give me the encouragement to be "brave" lol...thank you thank you thank you....

Amber - My date is the same as yours!!! And - I'm feeling the same as you! I'm nervous & excited at the same time. Maybe we can compare notes afterwards - Lori

Amber- I have a revision date on 2/4 as well. Maybe we can compare notes afterwards

Amber- I have a revision date on 2/4 as well. Maybe we can compare notes afterwards

How are you doing ifein229 since having revision

Thank you so much for your post as I am schedule for revision surgery from band to sleeve on 4/30/2015. I am scared and nervous.

That is natural as I was the same way @@shermcky but after the pain, when you are on your feet,it's so worth it the results are wonderful. Now I have people telling me to stop losing weight when I am 30 lbs away from my goal.???? Good luck to the New U!

Thank you A Stoot!!! God bless

Did you have two wait the 3 months before the sleeve after lap band removed? I get my band out in two weeks but no sleeve till August. Very worried about eating in those three months. I know me and I will eat like its the last time I ever get to. If I could do it on my own I wouldn't need the surgery. How did you deal with the 3 months?

@DennisMorris no I had my band removed and sleeve the same day

Did you have two wait the 3 months before the sleeve after lap band removed? I get my band out in two weeks but no sleeve till August. Very worried about eating in those three months. I know me and I will eat like its the last time I ever get to. If I could do it on my own I wouldn't need the surgery. How did you deal with the 3 months?

I also had mine done in 1 surgery, I think it depends on the surgeon

My surgeon is making me wait a few months. He said the sleeve and band removal are alone very low risk and he prefers to not increase the risk even slightly. He is very good and very conservative and that was ok with me.

my surgeon is going to do it in one procedure, but when I was there like a week and a half ago to talk to him about revision, he removed all Fluid from my band due to vomiting and I've already gained 4lbs :(. It's awful! I'm thinking of due Protein drinks for a few days before going back because I'm afraid what my doc will say if he's seen I've gained a lot.

I am revising on May 11th! I am so excited and so nervous at the same time. I am sure you all felt the same way...But I really hate that I am going through this again and wish it would have all worked out with the Lap Band. Nine years ago when I got my band, I never thought I would be in the same spot I was before getting the band. Now here I am...weighing 245 pounds and eating like a complete pig AGAIN. I am so ready for this. All of your success stories give me lots of hope. :-)

Don't give up home. I have read and read everything I can on this and the sleeve seems to be very successful without the stuff we had to go through with the band so i am ready...I just want the time to go by and to be on the other side of this. Gaining again sucks majorly but we will lose it all again too

July 2013 (not quite 2 yrs ago) I had the Lapband surgery. Initially I did well... dropped 40lbs pretty quick. Thanksgiving 2013 I got something stuck (empty band) and this landed me in the ER and have had daily problems since. MAY 21st.....converting to the sleeve. This site has given me the motivation and confidence to move forward. Please keep me in your thoughts....hoping for a great result.

My surgeon said it and I proved it, they all say they won't gain between surgeries, and they all do. I sure did!! But I only have two weeks to go and these are on pre surgery diet so I am back on my way to health.

my surgeon is going to do it in one procedure, but when I was there like a week and a half ago to talk to him about revision, he removed all Fluid from my band due to vomiting and I've already gained 4lbs :(. It's awful! I'm thinking of due Protein drinks for a few days before going back because I'm afraid what my doc will say if he's seen I've gained a lot.