Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 month post op and I feel like I find no more joy in food anymore. Like I eat for nutrition/fuel. Does my statement sound weird? I detest eating, I hate thinking about food because I have to watch what I eat or I'll get sick. It's such a chore. It's a huge adjustment when the act of eating what ever you want is such a big part of your life.

I'm happy I got sleeved, I'm happy with my weight loss. But I miss eating. Does anyone else feel like this? Thoughts? #vsgisamindfuk #emotionaleater #icantimsleeved

I think it's probably a good thing. Let's face it most of us got to our highest weight because food was more than a fuel and was entertainment. The question is should we enjoy eating. Of course you're only a month out. I'm only 3 weeks but I'm sure things will change.

I have been throwing myself into hobbies and going out rather than eating and restaurants

I think you'll find your interest in food will change and wax and wane.

Don't think that what you're experiencing one month out is how it will be the rest of your life--or even a month from now.

For now, try to enjoy the changes in your life that are making it easier for you to lose weight. This is a "magical time" in your journey. There's much other joy to be had.

What they said.

I just had my first real fried egg today, and it was a big deal for me. Couldn't stand the smell or taste of them up until now. For a while I wanted kefir, then it tasted weird. Then I got into ricotta, and then I said yuk. (This reminds me, I have to clean out the fridge.)

You will find that your tastes and appetites change over time, so just listen to what your body wants and feed her accordingly. Drink lots of good water: that will make you feel a whole lot better. And relax... it's just a process. All of this will pass.

You are still early out so you can't really make any comparisons till you have healed. I still love to eat but I can't eat much at any one time. It gets easier, be patient.

For me, Eating and drinking was an unwelcome chore for the first 3-4 months. I seriously wished I could get my nutrition IV. But after I was good and healed, the swelling went down, my appetite came back and life was good again. Know that how you feel now is different than how you will feel in a couple months and even that is different than how you'll feel in a year.

Nope, still love eating only now I like the challenge of packing good nutrition and taste into a smaller portion. I never had the luxury of not thinking about what I was eating. I've had food allergies and been a vegetarian for far too long for that. Not paying attention could be lethal for me.

This is definitely true for me. I'm looking forward to being able to master eating small bites slowly so I don't have so many issues with food getting stuck and making me sick.

For me, Eating and drinking was an unwelcome chore for the first 3-4 months. I seriously wished I could get my nutrition IV. But after I was good and healed, the swelling went down, my appetite came back and life was good again. Know that how you feel now is different than how you will feel in a couple months and even that is different than how you'll feel in a year.

I agree, and I'm enjoying the honeymoon of respite from my obsession with food. One day at a time. We're in recovery from a lethal addiction. Each new day is a blessing.

Take this time to choose high nutrition. You have to eat so eat the things that are the best choice for your body. I kind of thought it was a chore as well in the beginning. I started eating very healthy at that time. Now 5 mths out I WANT the healthy choices. I crave spinach and roasted veggies, baked chicken and salmon, laughing cow cheese and roasted chickpeas! I watch my son eat a cheeseburger and all I see is fat and grease lol ....I tend to lecture him even though he is a perfect weight and very active. I still crave sweets though....but I found simply fruit spread, s/f Jello and popcicles and fudgecicles and special K or nature valley Protein bars and they all take the edge off. I experiment with spices and things now too. You will develop a new normal over the next couple of months.

Am five weeks out and i know the feeling....its a chore but one am sure we all gladly take...Yes i miss eating what i wanted with no guilt....but it was harming my body...I've eaten food my whole life so i can do without it....

I love the fact that I quit caring about food. Greatest. Thing. Ever!!!!!