Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

I'm still alive! Still trucking. Have a local job delivering compressed gas cylinders. Very physical! Just turned 40 in Friday, really wanting to get and stay in track.

Great! Let’s do this! I’m ready to get focused yet again. I’m wonderful. Will welcome my 3 rd grand in March! 2 sons. 2 grandsons and I’m finally getting a little girl in my life! I’ve left the classroom and have taken over as principal of my early childhood center and am working on my masters. Yes my district let me take the job while working on my masters. I’ve gained some weight and been doing weight watchers and then I was thinking this week...hey you’ve got this band why don’t you use it!! Got back on some blogs and came back creeping around here. Missed y’all!!! How have you been?

Congrats on that granddaughter and the promotion. I went back at 40 and got my masters, so I feel you!
I’m good...joined a gym and logging food. I also boughy a Fitbit and set a goal with the dietician for 10k steps on gym days and 5k on my two off days. So far, so good!
What are you guys eating these days? I’m having a Premier Protein shake everyday. I add a scoop of benefiber and it keeps me full in the late afternoons, my danger zone.

S_suther that’s great and it sounds like you are doing a great job! It’s been so long since I’ve thought like a band girl that I’m really having to refocus. I might need to try your Fiber shake because afternoons are a hard time for me as well. How are you logging food? An app or good ol paper and pencil? I need to figure out some exercise to incorporate. Have some hip issues so I need to be careful with that.

This new job is keeping my moving pretty much all day. In light days, I park farther away from delivery spot to get few extra steps in. High Protein low carb is the focus for me. Hunting the dogs when I can. We usually end up walking a couple miles a night when we hunt. Excited about it!

I’ve done pretty good this week but there were two different functions yesterday. Luncheon at school and a girls game night. I did not win the food battle but today will be a great day on plan!

I’ve done pretty good this week but there were two different functions yesterday. Luncheon at school and a girls game night. I did not win the food battle but today will be a great day on plan!

How’s everything going? I am home from the gym and have meals planned for the day. My portions had gotten out of control over the holidays (3 month binge), so I’m doing Smart Ones or Lean Cuisines for dinner. Makes it easy for me to stay on track. It’s temporary, but working for me at the moment. Let me hear from y’all!

Still plugging along here. How about you guys? Five days a week to the gym and logging my food on MyFitnessPal. I’m also utilizing the Fitbit to make sure my activity is where it should be to get the best burn. Let me hear from y’all!

I’m hanging in there! I have been bad about logging food. I need to get better and planning and logging! S_suther what daily calorie allotment to you try to hit?

I would like to join this group. I was sleeved in July, but I need to be more accountable. Started logging again, down 40, but I’ve been stalled for 3 months. I notice the dial moving again down on the scale now that I am trying to keep calories to 1200 or less. I also do Bootcamp 3 times a week. Pure hell. Good luck everyone!

Hey, hey, hey! Moving right along around here. Got in an excellent workout this morning and plan to get my 10k steps today. Meals are planned and I’ll just follow it.
Glad you’ve joined us, Tom. Jump right in! Bootcamp doesn’t sound very pleasant. Is it like CrossFit-type exercise?

@2babutterfly I stay under 1200 calories - 25% Protein, 25% fat, and 50% carbs. I talk to a dietician monthly and she adjusts as she sees fit. MyFitnessPal makes it super easy for me to keep track.

Hi-Yes, similar. It is great because the exercises are always changing. It is awful, because you are always feeling sore in areas you did not know you had muscles in. :) I started tracking again, and I am down a couple of pounds! This group will help me stay accountable to myself. Thanks. I too am trying to stay around 1200-1300 calories a day.

Hi all...definitely need something else to keep me accountable. I am 4 years post...lost 185 lbs...let 15 lbs creep back on in the last year. Must stop the trend...and tune out the people that tell me "but you've done so well!" Lol. 15 lbs can be 30 by summer if I am not careful. Using MFP...keeping calories under 1400.