Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

@bacon thank you for the thoughtful responses. Being scared of going back is real. Trying to decide whether or not to have the band removed would scare the stew out of me. Like you, I need the tool. Have you consulted with a new bariatric doc?

Sounds like you're back to basics...watching what you eat and how you eat, plenty of fluids, and exercise. That's super!!

Are you still on the road?

@2babutterfly I am so thankful to hear from you and so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I have had surgery with my band. I did not have to have any Fluid out, but stayed on liquids for a few days after surgery until I felt like my guts had settled back down. Anesthesia and pain meds mess with my stomach feeling yucky, so I let that pass before I threw food into the mix. I really didn't have any issues. Go with your gut (ha ha, literally) and do what's right for you. I will keep you in my prayers, both for calm during the storm and for healing.

After a few months of total binge, I came clean and got back to basics. I put it all out there - to myself, to God, and to my husband. It wasn't a nice process, but I had to admit and say out loud that I am a binge eater. Eating, for me, has to be a lot like alcohol to the alcoholic. I have opened it up to my dietician coach as well. (I think I shared this with you guys a while back.) With the support of my husband and coach, we continue to focus on one positive healthy choice I make each day, take one day at a time as far as eating, and do what I can to stay motivated and busy. I've increased our coaching calls to monthly rather than every six weeks and the frequency is helping. I am proposing kayaking, walking, and hiking with friends and family rather than sitting at a local restaurant or coffee shop. I've recently joined a weight loss challenge and stand to win $1000 if I have the highest percentage of weight loss. So far, I'm hanging in the top 10 out of 45 women. Even if I don't win the pot, I figure it is good motivation to keep me on track for the 20 weeks. We are only a month in and I'm down 10, so I am feeling successful. The biggest step I'm taking is finding a new lap band doc. The current one offers no support group, no weigh-ins, and has done nothing to promote weight loss. I think it's especially true for me since he didn't place my band. As a result, I have found a bariatric center about 30 minutes from me and have begun the process of establishing as a patient. I will attend my first support group meeting next week and am really looking forward to interacting with other banders. Since moving to Tennessee three years ago, I've felt so alone in this band journey and hope that's soon coming to an end. So, there you go....that's where I am.

Sorry for the length of my post, guess I needed to put it all out there. You guys are the only ones that truly get it. I'm so thankful to hear from each of you.

@2babutterfly we will be praying for you. That's really tough life stuff. Wow. I have literally seen the healing had of God at work just this month. Really big brain tumor type stuff. His mighty hand has healed. To Him be the Glory.
@s_suther I know the binge struggle. I've spent nights crying out to God that he would take the desire for food from me.
His grace is sufficient for thee. I've found listening to podcasts from good bible teachers to help. Find that one or two that make you think theologically. John Piper John MacArthur Matt Chandler. Alistair Begg. Paul Washer. Love these men and how they make you think of a Really Big God. Just a suggestion.

I took a job last fall running gas locally again. So no more road. The company I went to sought me out to help build up their night shift operations. It's been a good fit for all of us. This is my 3rd job since losing my job in November 2015. I feel this has got to work out.

Let's make this happen.

Yesterday was spot on. All daily goals met. Same plan today. Small meals, walk in the morning.
I am going start my search for a new doc, but truthfully I'm in no hurry. I really want to prove to myself I can lose with little or no fill.I really think I'm close to green zone with no Fluid.
How's everyone else?

Sounds awesome, @bacon! If your tool is working, do your thing! :)

All is well here. Eating is spot-on and I've had plenty of activity as I've been our trimming our shrubs all afternoon. I won't be able to lift my arms tomorrow, so may not have to worry about eating. Ha! I thought about you today, @bacon, and enjoying your salads. I was hungry for a salad with my homemade thousand island. I sat down with MyFitnessPal, worked out my day, and had my delicious salad for lunch. It was SO GOOD and ZERO GUILT!! My little looked over at me while I was eating it and said, "Well, is it that good?" It was a warm day and tasted cool and tasty. It's the small things! ;)

Thanking God for the encouragement here on this thread at just the right time. Sometimes I'm so humbled at how He's into the details. i've missed you all and so glad to be back in touch and posting here. I am praying for you guys and thinking about you, @2babutterfly. Post when you can and take care of you.

Had a good day eating yesterday. I did not get a morning walk in. I did a 14 hour shift and was pooped. I did walk back and forth while loading and unloading. So I call it a win.
I didn't pack much of a lunch today. Plan on stopping and getting a subway salad. Off tomorrow, so a walk is planned and a nap then yard work.
How's everyone else? All are welcome here...

I am armed with an eating plan, I'll get in all of my fluids, and exercise will commence. I spent part of yesterday shoveling rocks, another part planting flowers, so plenty of activity this week. My arms and legs are so sore from all this manual labor! Maybe I'll work out some of the soreness when I cut the lawn later today. :)

@bacon sounds like you're rockin' and rollin'.

@2babutterfly hope all is well with you!

How about some of our other buddies??

@punkinvine @HealthyNewMe @JustWatchMe @enjoythetime

@nailpro00 @ParaGirl @lisacaron @RockinRobin59 @katesuccess

@bacon and@s_suther you guys are doing great!! I am focused on medical stuff so I'm not even paying attention to my eating but I really haven't done too bad. I have a fun filled week planned and would so appreciate any and all prayers! Sunday: Clear Liquids and colonoscopy prep stuff 🤢 Monday: colonoscopy. Tuesday: pre op appointment with my oncologist. Wednesday: if the good Lords willing and the creek don't rise I'll have my hysterectomy. All of this will take place about 100 miles from home so we are taking our Rv up Sunday night and returning Thursday. A little more comfy than a hotel.

@2babutterfly prayers for you.
We found out the girl up the street was diagnosed with leukemia. She was born exactly 12 hours to the minute later than our first son. So we've been very close. It has been a gut shot to our souls for sure. I am excited however to see God work. We have a awesome community that will surely rally around them. Please pray for Olivia.
My eating yesterday and today has been good. I worked another 14 hour shift and got home late morning. Did some work on the kennel and cleaned it out. A short nap and off to t ball. Got to coach my youngest along side my brother. Blessed man. We ate after the game and that went well. Have a good un..

Not really realizing it, I've adopted a low carb eating plan. I guess if you really think about it, if you get your Protein in first and not over eat, you'll kinda be there.

We attended a wedding yesterday. Eating was on point. I was concerned I'd be tempted with sweet treats, but I have not had the desire for the junk.

I work tonight. I am going to try to get a walk in.

@bacon - you are making it happen, friend! Sounds like you're in a good place and I love hearing the victories you're celebrating!

@2babutterfly - Dear Heavenly Father, I ask for Your grace and presence be so obvious to Jennifer and her family this week. God, wrap Your loving arms around her and give her a peace that can only be explained as You being fully engaged with one of Your own. Let all who come in contact with her know there's something different, a presence, and that it is You. Please give comfort and healing as she recovers from both the colonoscopy and the hysterectomy and provide strength as the days pass. Lord, please give wisdom and discernment to all of the doctors and medical staff as they care for her. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

@s_suther that was beautiful! Thank you so much. All prayers are appreciated!! He is definitely with me! You know the lovely prep for the colonoscopy right? Well in the middle of mine today I had to make a 2 hour drive pulling our travel trailer. After being a frequent visitor all day to the rr. I made it the whole 2 hours without an issue!! [emoji1373][emoji1373].
Y'all keep rockin those food plans!
[emoji8]

@2babutterfly - brave woman making that two hour trip!! Glad it went well. Thinking about you today as you get the colonoscopy.

All is well here. I am armed with an eating plan and will get my exercise cutting the lawn today. I'll get all of my Water and make it happen. I put a pounds left to lose countdown on the back wall of my closet, hanging next to my pair of goal jeans. (It's funny how much I love crossing out those numbers on Tuesdays.) On that countdown, I put the words, "stop wishing, start doing". That's what it's all about for me today - I shall spend it DOING!

Hope everyone is doing well. Take care of you, friends, and let's make it happen today.

Just a small victory to share.
We built our kennel up off the ground 24". (It keeps them out of the dirt and elevated above snooping predators ) waste falls through so once a week I rake everything out from under it. Well I always said I should have made it taller. It was hard for me to bend over and rake . Today I noticed it was a lot easier. I am able to bend over a bit easier. I know Ii mave miles to go, but it was sso encouraging to me today.

@bacon - I'll take those kinds of victories all day long! Way to make it happen!!!

Today is weigh-in day for the weight loss challenge I joined. I was only down a pound and that makes me extremely frustrated. However, I am trying to stay focused on the little victories and the long term. Sometimes, though, I just want to pout though and today's weigh-in is messing with me. I shall persevere...

food is planned, Water will be consumed, and I'll get my annual physical over with this morning. I'm always glad when that's behind me for another year. :)

@2babutterfly - thinking of you today.