Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

S Suther I'll trade you meal planning mojo for exercise mojo[emoji23] I can't plan at all but I've started packing my Snacks for our bible study n fellowship meetings I'm even going to make smoothies at next fellowship which is a switch I finally purchased my plant based Protein for smoothies Positive for today One day at a time. Going on this 10 day smoothie 2x a day Here goes hope this bust plateau

Will totally make that trade, RR59!!!

All is well here. Eating out of my one cup containers has put me totally back on track.

Yesterday's positive - I held on to some calories so that I could enjoy a fancy coffee with my love while our little was at youth group last night. What a treat!!

Today's positive - just met with my dietician and she's proud of my getting back on track and focusing on the positive. I committed to twice a week planned exercise. I think I'll walk with my daughter when she gets home in the afternoons.

How about you guys? What's one thing you're proud of today?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hello all!!! Finally Friday and I'm thrilled... been a long week! I've been marking an x on the calendar whenever I exercise so I'm proud to say I've marked 3 so far this week! Feeling it in my muscles. They seem pretty fatigued. So I will add one more day of walking this weekend but no strenuous exer or weights. Exercise has always been a big struggle for me but I'm trying to fit 3-4 days a week in for the month of February. Friday's are my weigh in days and I've lost 2.2 pounds this week! But.......here comes the weekend...my tough time!!! One day at a time! That's all we can do!

Congrats on that great loss!! Congrats on exercising this week!!

I will take a walk this afternoon. Yes, yes, I will...

Good morning!! Just finished some meal prep for the week. Does anybody else do this? I had some veggies that were nearing the end of their life so I drug them all out of the fridge. Made a frittata with red bell pepper, spinach, onion and mozzarella cheese, and ham and eggs. I'll dish that up for my breakfasts. (Hope i will be able to eat it reheated). I've fallen in love with sheet pan meals. So my next concoction consisted of diced chicken, zucchini, sweet potato, Brussel sprouts and onion. A little olive oil and salt and pepper. I'll dish this up for lunches. How is your weekend? Have not exercised my extra day yet. Hopefully I can make that happen sometime today

That sheet pan meal sounds SO good, butterfly!! I do plan and prep meals ahead. I made a batch of chili and put it in my one-cup containers so I'm ready to roll. I even do that kind of prep for my little's lunch, makes my life less hectic.

I got in two days of exercise over the weekend, both involving strenuous East Tennessee hills. I commit to at least two days this week.

Yesterday's positive - I turned down a trip for fro-yo after church. After checking calories and carbs on my fitness pal, it just wasn't worth it.

Butterfly and I shared, now it's your turn. What positive choices are y'all making??

My first positive choice was logging onto this site today! I hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Just me here needing my peeps.

Well it happened, no not some big break through. My band got so tight on me that I could not get anything through. It was a week without solid food and 2 1/2 days without fluids. I ended up in the ER with my kidneys starting to shut down. I know I waited way too long, but in my own defense, the last two times I went to doctor I asked for a slight unfill. Instead the put more Fluid in saying I need to lose not gain. Docs logic was if I could get Water through in the office, I'd be fine. Just chew chew chew... right??? Well I lived on slider foods for the last 6-8 months but on Friday I ended up in the ER.

The folks there were super nice and very understanding. The girl asked me how much fluid to take out and I said "all of it, I'm done."

Since then I've ate good foods that I've not had for a really long time. Fresh salad, chicken. I 've not had Soup or any sliders. I swear if I have another cheese it I'll vomit from disgust.

I know this turned into a rant. I'd apologize but I'm not sorry. I'm really angry at myself for allowing myself to self destruct. I'm pretty scared and unsure what to do at this point.

I hope to hear from some of those that know me, and welcome new friends too. Guess I will post again tomorrow.

Be blessed.

Hey, @bacon - so glad to hear from you, but so sorry to read of what's been going on with you. How did the band get that tight, from the doc doing fills? That is inexcusable! I'm so sad that you ended up in the ER with serious complications. Kidney function is no joke!

You said that you are scared and unsure what to do. What has you scared? What are you unsure about? I ask that you ponder those two questions and get back to me.

I hope you've gone back to basics, eating mostly Protein and some fruits & vegetables. I really hope you're taking a good Vitamin daily. I also hope you're getting plenty of fluids. With those things in place, I think you'll set yourself up for success. Be kind to yourself, please. Let's talk about what you're doing right, not what you did wrong. This could be a new starting point for you, a fresh beginning. Let's take advantage of it!

I'll look forward to hearing your response on those two questions and hopefully be someone on which you can lean. You are not alone. Take care of you.

6 hours ago, bacon said:

I'm really angry at myself for allowing myself to self destruct. I'm pretty scared and unsure what to do at this point.

It sounds like your Dr failed you, not that you self destructed. Dr Weiner says you shouldn't even feel your band, they are not supposed to be tight.

Anyway good luck. Have you considered a revision from the band to something else? Is your current weight on the site accurate?

@s_suther what I'm scared and unsure about is whether to have the band removed or a revision or stay the course with it. I'm afraid of not having my "tools" and gaining weight and getting totally out a control.

My wife is the only one who has not told me I need to have it removed. I know she supports me either way. The rest of my family doesn'tremember the 120# I lost just the 60# I gained back.

It's tough @ get together when you only eat 1 small plate and hear the comments about something being wrong with you. But back when I devoured three plates, I was out of control. It's a catch 22. I know they are well meaning, but it does hurt.

Eating yesterday was solid. No bakeye type junk. I had a salad and it tasted SO GOOD. Had a couple smokies and a small tube of mixed nuts. Lots of Water. Walked the pups for a half hour when I got home this morning.

My wife helped me to get lunch ready. I have a salad with chicken cheese green peppers and carrots. I have some left over taco meat and some tuna salad. Plans for a morning walk.

@bacon I'm so sorry to hear what you've been going through I agree with outside I believe your doc failed you. He left you with no choice but to go to sliders! Try your basics. You might really have to measure and plan plan plan! As long as all is healthy with your band I would think about keeping it and maybe gradually adding Fluid to it. And find a NEW doctor. Best wishes and keep us posted!!!

P.s glad to see some activity on here! How is everyone else?? I've recently found out I have uterine cancer so I'm in the middle of tests and prepping for surgery. Lots of burning in my stomach so I'm thinking about having some Fluid removed. Anybody have surgery while having a band? Wondering if I need to have my fluid out. Asked my oncologist (still hard to type that word) and she said no. But I feel like I need to ask my band doc and see what he thinks