Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

Hello all!!! I'm so glad to see you guys on here!

Sounds like everyone is rocking and rolling along! I've got to get myself into gear and reading your posts inspire me so much!!! Had a long weekend away and way too many bad food choices. Today I'm on track and planning on Zumba tonight for my exercise!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Well, @@2babutterfly - it sure is good to hear from you!!

All is well here. Had a meeting at church last night and they fed us, which can be a trigger for me to eat the wrong things and/or too much. Thankfully, it was BBQ and I was able to eat reasonably. I stuck to small portions of two sides and about 4 oz of meat. Calories, carbs, and Protein - CHECK!

My positive is that I made thoughtful decisions in that situation.

I've switched over to only eating out of a one cup Pyrex bowl, and using only my mini forks & spoons, here at home. I'm still surprised that a cup of food satisfies me for about three hours. It keeps me from overeating and bingeing, which is a win all in it's own.

How is everybody??? What positive choices are you making each day???

@@s_suther do I remember correctly that you keep your band on the lose side? I do for reflux purposes

Today's positive - eating light all day since I know we are eating out tonight.

How's everybody?

@@bacon - calling you out.

I'm here. It's been an all around struggle. Today is a new day. I will get a walk in today. I wish I could hget and stay focused.

Today's positive - having the knowledge, thanks to my band, to help out a friend in need. She's on a crash/fad diet (and knows I don't approve) and feels so yucky. I went to the store, got her some Powerade zero, and delivered it to her. A couple of hours later, she texts saying she feels better. Had I not had my band, and the experience of working with a dietician, I wouldn't have known the importance of electrolytes and been able to help her.

@@bacon - Been there, done that. How can I help?

How are y'all doing? What positive things are happening toward your good health? I need to hear from you!!

Edited by s_suther

So far so good today. I'm kind a in that in between. Seems the band is supertight. That said, I've been eating a lot of slider type stuff. And when I can eat, I over do it.

But so far so good...

Hey All I've been having a busy week out of my regular Snacks the healthy ones been eating chips my biggest fight I ❤️ lays potato chips but going shopping tomorrow for night time meals starting the green smoothies on Monday have to get plant based Protein for the shakes Positive for today I'm exercising 3x weekly biking 4 miles on stationary bike that's an increase for me I ride for 30 min then do weights for 30 min

Made it to Zumba again last night....even knowing that all my peeps weren't going to be there...already feeling it today [emoji51]. Looking through Pinterest for some new healthy recipes @@bacon be careful with that tight band! @@Robin what are some of your favorite healthy Snacks? @@s_suther I bet your friend was thankful for your knowledge!

Let's go have a great day!!

Here's a snack idea that I live by...take the Joseph's Heart Friendly pita bread, cut into chips, spread on baking sheet, spray with Pam, sprinkle with salt & pepper or dried herbs & spices, bake at 350 until golden brown. Pita chips! They work in all of your dips, Soups or stews, or as a snack! There are six pitas in a bag. I do them in batches and store in sandwich bags so that I grab them instead of chips. Let me know if you try it!

Each pita:

70 calories

2 fat

10 carbs

4 Fiber

0 sugar

6 Protein

Oh s_suther my exercise is always forced . I know I will feel better when I go but I have to make myself!!!! It is one of the toughest things for me.

Well I will spend a couple of days repenting of my food sins this weekend!! hopefully not too much of a back track! Headed to Zumba tonight. Don't usually go in Monday's because we'll it's Monday and mondays suck. But I'm going!!! How's everyone else??

@@2babutterfly - I too am taking it easy today after yesterday's damage.

I overate and paid for it most of the night. It's my own doing as I did the planning & cooking and we stayed home. I may never learn; it's the grazing that did me in and I need a better plan next time rather than just calling it a "cheat day". I'm really only cheating myself.

Today's meals are light and satisfying and maybe I'll get some sleep tonight. I also want to hop right back on track to prevent the binge mentality from creeping back in on me. I've got over a month of healthy eating days strung together, I'm feeling better, and I can tell I'm losing weight.

Today's positive - I'm positive I don't want to overeat on super bowl goodies again today.

We have our usual Monday night group at church. Not sure what they're feeding us, but I'll choose wisely. That will certainly be a positive!

We need to hear from some of you!!