Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

Things went well today. (Sunday into Monday) Meals were on target. No issues getting my food in. Drank lots of Water. I stopped for my 30 min break and walked around a truck stop before delivering my last load.

I also stopped and got a reflective vest to walk in the early morn hrs since that is when I get off of work. I walked another 30 after work. I'm sipping on some chicken broth now to warm up before heading off to bed. Will check in this afternoon when I get up.

THIS THREAD IS OPEN TO ALL, BANDED UNBANDED SLEEVED UNSLEEVED RNY PRE-OP. JUST JUMP RIGHT IN!!!

I've been struggling with Portion Control food prepping this morning meeting with trainer at gym to help with exercise when I reach those plateaus started adding weights to exercise we'll see how this goes have a good week all

Back at it and ready to rock it.

lunch box packed with Water and chicken salad. I had a one egg omelet for Breakfast. Plan on a 30 minute walk.

My mom is coming in this weekend. She always make a sweet treat my fave when she is in. I need advice on what to tell her so not to hurt her feelings. I mean it my mamma. And I can't afford a derailment this early.

The company I work for is known locally for its sign out front. This weekend it read: NO GRIT, NO PEARL!

Let's get gritty!

Sent from my SM-S820L using the BariatricPal App

Today's positive - I was out unexpectedly at lunch time today with no hope of getting home soon. My daughter and I had some errands to finish. Instead of giving in to my wants, I paid close attention to my needs and made a good choice in restaurant and menu item. Eating out can be a trigger for me, but not today!!

@@bacon - As for your mom's visit...can you tell her that you're on a health kick and need to skip the sweet treat? If not, is there a healthy alternative that she could make? It would still be something special to her and yet more reasonable for you to eat. You could also offer to make something special instead. We can certainly come up with a recipe for you. Either way, don't let her derail you right now. We are becoming pearls, for goodness sake! Let me know how you decide to proceed.

@@RockinRobin59 - How did it go today? Keep us posted and maybe I'll get motivated. I MUST do better about exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I finished on track. I worked a total of 14 hrs and I was so ready to crash when I got home, but I sucked it up and got a mile and a half walk in. NO GRIT, NO PEARL... Right?

Positive for the day. It actually came from my bride. She knows my struggles and she just reminded me she was on my team and she was proud of me for the effort I have put forth. I could run a week on words like that from her.

Check yall later!

@@bacon - isn't it something how that word of encouragement from a loved one can motivate us?!? Way to make it happen!!

Today's positive - my husband surprised me this morning with my favorite fancy coffee. Thoughtfully, he ordered a small as to not derail my efforts. I drank my coffee, enjoyed every sip of the treat, and then logged it. I then made adjustments to the rest of my day and stayed within Protein, carb, & calorie daily goals.

Hope everyone is doing well. Let us hear from you!

Yesterday was not stellar but it was not a total blow up either. I got stuck hard core at Breakfast. I had a pretty big meal when I got home too. And the rain kept me from a walk.

- positive- I've made up my mind to do a 5k in march. Pray today is better

Praying for a better day today @bacon. Let us know how it's going. Glad yesterday wasn't a "total blow up". That's a win in my world! What's the plan for the weekend treat? You know I want to hear it and hold you to it.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had a sick little (migraine) and then we had dinner with friends last night.

Yesterday's positive - we went to my favorite local pizza place. I ate my planned portion and stopped. I wanted more, could've eaten more, but I would've felt too full and very guilty. Instead, I enjoyed conversation with our friends and came home satisfied and feeling strong. Everything was logged (prior to going out) and I was within calorie, Protein, and carb goals. It's a DAILY thing for me, y'all.

How's everybody? Let us hear from you and what you're doing that's positive toward healthier living.

I'll be back later.

It was a struggle to getting anything through yesterday. I've irritated ' the thing apparently.

Fluids today and tomorrow. May try to eat a burger no bun tomorrow night. I'm taking Jen out on a date. I'm just going to tell Mom my eating is on track. She's banded ad well. She should pick up on it.

I'm going to get a walk in today.

Sounds like a plan @@bacon! Hope those liquids settle your band down. As you know, giving it time to heal is very important and can also kick up weight loss, so use this time to your advantage. You can do it!!

Yesterday's positive - my local bakery had an open house and my daughter and I stopped by to check out their new store. I had planned for a treat, so I had a few miniature sweets and stopped. No guilt and no deprivation made it even sweeter! Everything was logged and while my carbs were a little higher than usual, I stayed within calorie and Protein goals. Win!

I made a Soup yesterday that is very filling - lots of Fiber, decent Protein, and low calorie. It's got lots of vegetables, no meat, and a base of Tomato juice. I had it for lunch yesterday and it certainly was filling and a way for me to get in vegetables, which I don't eat a lot of normally. Google "magic weight loss soup" - terrible name - if interested.

Have a fantastic day and let us hear from you!!

Hello all!!

Today's goals were met - calories, Protein, and carbs. Still a total slacker on exercise, but I am trying to at least move more.

My positive - I plan daily for three meals and a snack, but skip the Breakfast lots of times. That leaves me way too hungry by lunch. Today I hit my goal of three meals and a snack and felt better for it.

How's everyone else doing? I don't want to be here by myself again...that's NO fun and doesn't do much toward accountability either. Who's with me?

Hi everyone I had a so so week went to WLS dr didn't lose any weight but didn't gain either I met with trainer on Monday and worked out it went well I'm motivated to exercise I'm still trying to balance the carbs n Protein I have to cook more I've always been a snacker My positive this week is not to get discouraged look at how far I've come and the life changes I've made I'm 80lbs down I'm going to take a before picture now and a after picture in August my birthday Pearlin

@@RockinRobin59 - glad to hear from you!! Please pass some of that exercise motivation my way!! ;)

@@bacon - where are you?

All is well here. Meals are planned for the day and I'll get in my Water.

Yesterday's positive - we had friends over and I baked. (I won't name it here so that I don't trigger someone.) I plugged it all into my fitness pal and it was counted. I still made my Protein and carb goal, though calories were about 200 higher than my norm. So...dessert like a "normal" person (no binge after) felt really good!!