Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

Finally! Working out today after a week long hiatus.

Sorry for my delayed response. I was waiting to see if anybody else jumped in. I will go along with whatever you guys decide.

Hey how's everyone doing I haven't seen any posts HELP Halloween is on the rise I've decided not to buy any candy to give out this year I'm leaving the house during the hours of trick treating in our community If I buy candy I will eat some too much temptation around the house I'm doing better with my portions and losing I will post Breakfast in morning switched from the instant packets of oatmeal to cooking steal cut oats trying to get away from processed oats hope this makes a difference

Hey veterans how's everyone doing Its Thanksgiving time for the first time I'm making bariatric friendly meal sweet potato /pecan casserole , sausage stuffing and maybe an appetizer I saw the recipes in bariatric news letter Come on let's post ideas

Halloween on the rise - decided not to buy candy to give out this year

@@RockinRobin59

just saw your above post

very timely!!

i try to buy Halloween candy i don't like

unfortunately it's harder and harder to find LOL

i like to see the cute l'ttle trick or treaters

too sweet!!!

especially the little princesses and pirates

i was emptying garbage baskets from rooms today

in my DH basket, there were a bunch of little mars, m&m's bags etc

DH needs to lose weight, he won't though!!

at least i didn't see the candy before/after candy leftovers

i "hid" them from myself

kathy

Hello! I'm here, just delayed in posting. I'm with you on modifying recipes and controlling portions. My dietician told me to use the "real stuff" and limit portions, which is how I cook/live. I have one and two cup bowls and eat my meals out of them. I've gone through a spurt where I'm just not hungry. What a wonderful problem to have!! I haven't eaten much, if at all, over the last week and know I've lost. I'm not weighing in right now because I tend to let the scale dictate my mood, but I can tell in my clothes. I'll take it!

Turkey and the usual trimmings here, but I'll stick to a bite of this and that.

I'd love to hear about the sweet potato and pecan dish.

Hope everyone is making it happen. Let us hear from you!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by s_suther

Hey everybody did well thanksgiving the family loved the sweet potato pecan dish I went to see dietitian on Tuesday trying to get back on track going to start writing down what I eat I really hate that but I have to and I found a gym I can afford my other change is buying some Protein items off the bariatric web meeting with dietitian monthly we discovered I was not eating enough protein hopefully these changes will cause the scale to move down Watch out this season Lets not gain we come to far in this journey Lets stay on track looking forward to hear from everyone

My life is finally starting to get back to normal whatever normal is. Just checking in to see if I can get some support. s_suther calling on you.

I decided to start posting here again on a daily basis. Hope others will join in.

The last two days have been on point, Meals have been small and I have got my 30 min walks in both days. I'm working night shift now, so I start back tonight.

Plan:

Meal 1- 6 oz of chicken 2 oz green Beans.

Meal 2- 7 oz tuna salad. SF pudding cup

Meal 3- Same as meal 2

I also packed 16 0z glass of Tomato juice. I will try to get a 30 walk in the morning before bed.

@@bacon - I'm here!! I'd welcome some accountability and will also post.

I've GOT to do better on exercising. Ugh.

Today's plan:

1/2 Power Crunch bar

lunch & Dinner:

chicken tortilla Soup

1/3 c shredded cheese

Homemade pita chips

I may or may not post food everyday, but will at least post what's going on and one thing that went well. My dietician, who I still speak with monthly, has me less focused on tracking and counting and more focused on eating small portions and being satisfied. I struggle more with the head hunger/binge thing than I do anything else. Thus, she wants me less focused to help prevent my whole good/bad or off/on mentality. We'll see...

Can we agree to each share one thing that we did well each day? Let's try to focus on the positive!

Edited by s_suther

Sounds awesome. My meals are boring most days. You know my binging issues. So my focus is on not binging and slow eating / not regurgitating.

Sent from my SM-S820L using the BariatricPal App

Same here on the binging, we are in similar situations with that. I after a year, I finally came clean with the dietician about it last week. That's the reason she wants me to focus less on the stats and more on things I do well. Okay, my friend, game on! Post every day or I'm hunting you down. Please do the same. :)

Edited by s_suther

Right on. I just switched jobs again. I'm with a great company running local again. It's taken me longer than I hoped for to get back on my feet. God has always been faithful.

Sent from my SM-S820L using the BariatricPal App

Small portions, 80g of Protein, and drank all of my Water today.

Today's positive - Sunday afternoons, especially during football season, make me want to graze. When I was craving something sweet this afternoon, I had 1/2 tablespoon of creamy Peanut Butter and that did it. Victory!

I'll rinse & repeat tomorrow and report back in the evening.

Edited by s_suther