Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

Hope you all will allow me to share a struggle. I have only recently noticed that if I get stuck and find it hard to eat anything, when I do get to get stuff through, I tend to think that I have to "make up for it". It almost always ends with me in a binge. Does anyone else find this to be true?

I don't binge but I get very angry that my meal was shot because I'm still hungry. I have found myself turning to comfort (carby) food once my band lets me again which is usually the next meal. I'm scared of damage so i don't binge ever, but my food choices are high in fat and calories. It's not easy. I got stuck on stupid ground beef this week. Boring stupid ground beef crumbles. I was so mad. It wasn't even an interesting meal. And then I had to wait it out while hungry. Aargh.

@@bacon - my doc has me on liquids-only for 12-24 hours after vomiting. I determine how long based on tightness due to irritation. I got stuck yesterday & lost my pork chop in the battle. I'd rather do that than be in such pain and risk damage. So, I'm on liquids today and that prevents a binge or overeating. Just a thought...

How's everyone doing today?

Yesterday ended on a strong note and so far today I'm pleased with my food choices. Still not much of a plan in place but I'm making it work. Just making sure to have a lot of convenient things on hand. Yes, convenient typically means processed, not whole foods but if I'm making the choice for a Protein Bar and cheese sticks for lunch that's still a vast improvement from a bag of junk food. dinner maybe another weight watchers meal, I'm learning that you don't have to be perfect to be successful. It's ok to be busy with life and not cook and still be able to find something quick and healthy and no longer use the "I'm too busy" excuse to sabotage my efforts.

So what's going on out there?

Okay, today is a wrap! I finished at 787c, 110p, 34nc. I didn't exercise because we had my daughter's kickball game and I'm in a funk. It was fun and a good way to lift my spirits. Got the info on my Granny today. Cancer in lung, liver, & upper right quadrant. No options really since she's 90. Hospice will get involved asap. My heart is breaking, she's a huge part of my world. Please pray for her peace and comfort.

I'm going to go chill. I'm OP and trying to see it as keeping myself in the best possible health in case I have to fight a battle in the future. Have a great evening and take care of you.

@@s_suther praying for your grandma, you and you're entire family. No matter whay state in life, its never easy to hear and most definitely not easy to accept!! My heart goes out to you!!!

Hang tough and rely on your faith, God will see you through!!!!

((Hugs))

Edited by enjoythetime

Hello, my warrior peeps.

Prayers for everyone here. You are in my thoughts during the day.

I've had a surprisingly satisfying day. I got a bit tearful on my way home from work. The divorce gets to me sometimes. I had a stressful and emotional legal task to do tonight and I got it done. Starting another bigger legal task next week. But I'm taking the weekend off from all things negative.

I'm turning 54 this weekend. I looked in the mirror today and for the first time in ages, I was pleased. I know, it sounds crazy, after losing 100 pounds this past year. But I've been in self-critical mode for months. Coulda shoulda woulda. I wanted to be closer to goal by my surgiversary last month. Blah blah blah.

Today I looked in the mirror and liked what I saw.

I'm not dieting anymore. I'm not racing the clock to be a certain number on the scale by a certain date on the calendar. I am where I need to be today. And I'll be where I need to be tomorrow.

It finally feels true. No more self hatred. No matter what.

So. Today my food was surprisingly easy and moderate and no big deal. I had Soup and a piece of chicken for dinner. I had hummus and cheese sticks for lunch. I had peanuts as a snack. I had egg salad for Breakfast. I had wine after finishing the divorce work. Got my stairs in at work easy peasy.

Life is amazing. We somehow survive what we think we can't survive. I can't imagine the future ahead of me right now. But I know I'm going to be one tough chick when this is finally behind me. Ain't nothin gonna stop me then.

I think you are all fabulous! Each one of you is dealing with a life battle and I think you are doing an amazing job handling things. I see divorce, illness,home issues, etc....but stop and think of where you would be in all of this without your band and this group. I know food was my comforter when I'm down or bored....well to some extent it still is. But my band helps me win that battle. And I'm sure yours is helping you too! Hugs and prayers to you all!

@s_suther...so sorry about your grandmothers news. Hospice is wonderful and will be such a blessing to all of you through this.

I had a pretty good day of liquids yesterday but I was hungry and wanted to chew by supper so I had some fish...

???????? confessing my no exercise this week

Today's plan

B- pro drink

S-greek yogurt

L- chili

S-almonds

D-meatballs with sautéed mushrooms and spaghetti sauce

It's Friday friends! Let's do this!

@@JustWatchMe - happy birthday!! I hope it's the best year yet!!

@@2babutterfly - can you get in a walk or video today??

All is well here. I got my stitches out this morning, the cyst was benign, and I'm thankful. I can now resume normal activities. WOOT!

Today's plan:

B-8 oz shake w/fiber

L-Quest bar

S-8oz shake w/fiber

D-meatballs

736c, 79p, 34nc

*calories & Protein warrant an extra shake or Protein snack if needed

I'll have 72oz Water & get in a walk with my husband this evening.

Hope you all have a splendid Friday. I count each of you in my blessings and so appreciate the support. I'll check back later. Take care of you.

Edited by s_suther

TGIF everyone, we made it!

@@JustWatchMe HAPPPPPPY Birthday weekend! I hope your day is as special as you!

@@s_suther so glad to hear you received your results and all is good!

@@2babutterfly love your positive outlook and encouragement!

Been kind of flying by the seat of my pants for the last week or so in regards to food prep so I'm making out my grocery list for next week and will stop by the store after work so that I'm not left unarmed on the weekend. I've been dying to make some meatballs after seeing them on the menu for others so those are definitely on my list:-)

Tomorrow is suppose to be beautiful so I thought I would try to get a jump start on cleaning out my flower beds and planning what to plant this year. Knock on wood some of my perennials from last year are starting to make a come back. There really is a first for everything, hahaha.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

Well not the greatest day foe liquids or Protein today. My tummy still wasn't ready so I didn't even make my mashed potatoes. Grrr.

B: Blueberry yogurt

L: Premier chocolate shake

D: Campbell's Vegetable Soup

40 oz Protein and 20 oz Water

SW: 243

CW: 231

Total: 12 since surgery

Good morning all! I am happy to report that I moooved today! Just finished a 2.31 mile walk around the hood and I actually enjoyed it! Thank you pandora radio!

My plan today....

B-protein drink

S. Greek yogurt

L. Turkey pepper jack on wheat thin bun

S. Deviled egg

D. Meatballs ( had chicken last night instead)

I hope everyone has an amazing day!

Remember......"she thought she could so she did"

I have been off of this site for three and a half months.....extreme circumstances that have been life changing, and nothing I would wish on anyone else. I have remained ACCOUNTABLE, but only to myself. I have continued to exercise and have not allowed myself to come up with lousy excuses not to. As a matter of fact, I am at a TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY with my gym, and it is about the only thing that has given me consistency in an otherwise very chaotic and stressful place that I find myself in right now. food choices have sometimes been another story, but I am accountable to logging every bite into MyFitnessPal. Going on a two year anniversary with that and I'm having trouble deciding if I want to keep doing that or if I want to try to live a maintenance life without it..... no decision made on that. I miss you guys, your posts, and your encouragement. Hopefully will check in a little more frequently since I am HOME after being away for three months. TAMMIE

Happy Monday!!! Where are my peeps?!?

I had a super busy weekend and am guessing most of us did. The weather was gorgeous and we certainly enjoyed it. I hope all of you had a great weekend too. Let me hear from you!

Today's plan:

B-8 oz shake w/fiber

L-8 oz shake w/fiber

S-8 oz shake w/fiber

D-egg drop Soup

S-8 oz shake w/fiber

661c, 97p, 20nc

I kind of liked my day of liquids on Friday and so, I'm doing it again today. I know the calories are low, but it won't hurt me a bit after the weekend damage I did. :unsure:

Look who's back!!! I'm glad to see you posting, @@HealthyNewMe!

@@2babutterfly - glad to see you kept us going over the weekend. Sounds like you were making it happen with that walk around the hood!

@@enjoythetime - hope all is well!

@@punkinvine - thinking about you today!

@@bacon - how are things going?

Okay, let's rock this thing today and have a STRONG week! Who's with me? Who will commit to the next 7 days being our strongest yet? That's the challenge I'm throwing out. SEVEN awesome days in a row. food, Water, and exercise all planned and accomplished for the next seven days. This will ride us right through the weekend with some accountability. I'm in and hope you are too. I need somebody to jump in with me. I want to hear from you!!!

Edited by s_suther

Okay, successful day here, I hope the same happened for you.

Stats: 821c, 109p, 34nc

I ate according to plan with the addition of an Atkins bar tonight. I needed something and that sounded good and worked into my plan.

I had my 72 oz of Water. No exercise this evening due to my daughter's kickball game, but I cleaned house like a maniac this morning, so that counts for something!

Tomorrow's plan will be the same as today's except I'll add a morning cardio video and an evening walk. Gotta get back on that exercise!

How is everybody?!? Who is in for the 7 day challenge?

Today just has to be the worst best... OH how this sounds like a continuing saga. Tomorrow will be a new day. Our 3 year old grand daughter had a tumor on her pituitary removed today in a 5 hour surgery. I am afraid I do not know what I ate... just a blurr. I know I had taco salad and gave 3/4 to my son. It was gluten free so best hospital choice I saw. I had sierra mist and no idea if it was even sugar free. It was just a day to pray and get on with the matters at hand. Tonight I had some roast chicken and nothing else. I played on the swing with grandson and just breathed fresh air. Grand daughter is doing ok and she can speak, see , hear and complain about being thirsty. All four extremities move... Blessed day. Having shingles pain tonight in my left side and drinking wine to try to relieve it. ON a cheery note... the daffodils are beautiful in our yard! Jesus Lives!