Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

Lol I have fifty two pounds to go. But my rear is definitely skinny.

Full disclosure. Not a veteran. I missed that part. I was banded 10 months ago today. Can I stay?

I don't see the forum for many posts from my iPhone app. I'm replying before I realize where I've posted.

Today I will do the stairs at work again (10 floors up, 10 floors down) and bring my lunch. Aiming for 1500 calories. It felt right yesterday and I actually went to bed with a grumbling stomach. So I think it's more realistic than 1200 for me.

I'm having a minor surgery Friday which will mess up my eating big time Thursday and Friday. As in liquids only Thursday and probably nausea Friday. So my goal this week food wise is nutrition.

So for lunch I'll have solid Protein and a salad. dinner I'll have to plan a little later.

Good luck, team!

@JustWatchMe Please stay!

Quick post for me before I shower and head to the dentist. Because DD has a basketball game tonight, I didn't risk waiting to get my exercise in today. You guys holding me accountable is getting into my head and making me keep my word. Exercise...check! I did a 35 minute interval video that kicked my butt. THANK YOU for holding me accountable!!!

I'll check back later to post my plan for today.

I am having a hard time getting my Protein in I find that because the Protein Shakes have artificial sweeteners I can not drink them as it upsets my stomach not sure what else I can use help get my protein. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Back for accountability!! Had one Protein shake, didn't get the second one in today. I've got 1 cup of homemade spaghetti sauce and Barelli Plus Pasta - 1 oz - for dinner. I've had all my Water today and completed exercise too.

Getting back into the swing has made me miss my bariatric nurse/center. I previously posted about my struggle finding local support/care for lap banders. I've contacted two more surgeons today and have potential with one. They're going to review my records and said I will probably be accepted as a patient. If that happens, I can go to them for adjustments. More importantly, they'll let me come in as I wish to weigh for accountability. I signed the records request and I've contacted my previous center for a transfer of records. I need this to happen and they're notorious for slacking on paperwork. I'll push, push, push if needed. I'm hesitantly excited, this would be an answer to prayer!!

Off to have an early dinner and take my daughter to basketball. Have a wonderful evening!

@rthogode I use Syntrax Matrix and it shows on the tub that it's aspertame free. Not sure if that helps you, but thought I'd throw it out there since it's good stuff. I do see in the ingredients acesulfame-k and sucralose, not sure about those...

I've had a good day so far!

Breakfast. Boiled egg and babybel lite cheese

lunch leftover chicken, spinach,red peppers had rice in it so tried to eat a small amount of that

Supper plans will be lasagna & roasted veggies

And I made it to the gym! ???? 1&1/2 miles on the treadmill and tried to finish my last half a mile on the elliptical but only got to .38. Kicked my booty. But I'm proud I made myself go! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Lovin being accountable! So helpful.

????Confession....had a small handful of puppychow chex mix!

HealthyNewMe, I will not ever feel guilty again for failing to be "perfect" and doing all the wrong things. I was single, working a full-time stressful job (teaching precious 3rd graders), and dealing with unhealthy but determined elderly parents in their late eighties. I was overwhelmed and depressed. I am now doing much better with God's help. I so admire people with children and elderly parents who are also trying to take care of themselves. You are doing great! Remember to take care of yourself and forgive yourself when you don't get it all done!

Answering @@s_suther's roll call. Almost didn't go to the gym bc I didn't "feel like it," but went later this afternoon, so Yeah me. About to eat dinner (chicken in Tomato gravy.... hold the Pasta, even though I boiled regular Pasta for the son and whole wheat pasta for my husband). Met all of my food "goals," but did not get in nearly the amount of Water I should be drinking.

I find my nausea issue is back even though I can't imagine how I would have something stuck??? I am drinking only and will hopefully be better in the am. I will try the suggested Protein in the above post. Syntrax Matrix. I really cannot stand them if they have a gritty texture. WE got a call to come tour the hospital where our new grandchild will be born. So no gym today but I did walk tons from the car all through the hospital with a 2 year old in tow. Hospital seemed extra friendly and happy to have grandparents involved. Also went to the OB appointment with daughter in law. Baby is in position and about 5 weeks to go. I did get my Iron in via Gummy mineral/vitamin. Got my fluids in too. Hoping my stomach will be calm by morning!

@s_suther....glad to see you have found a potential center.... I am 17 months post-op, and I am now getting to my center once every three months. I went once a month for the first year, then every two months for the next six months, and now will be going quarterly. I am trying to get that Water in bc I know the benefits of staying hydrated, so I am going to work on that for tomorrow. I will also get to the gym tomorrow, but I know I won't on Thursday (flying to Baltimore to spend the week with the oldest daughter) and I won't on Friday (she is having surgery). I can't remember the last time I took two days off in a row from exercising. I'm actually trying to accept that ......Can this really be ME?!?!?!?!

Got all my stair climbing in and came in at 925 calories for the day. Woo hoo!

Tomorrow I'm going to try for six trips up and down = 12 floors. And a goal of 1200 calories. Having leftover chicken again for lunch tomorrow.

:) Goooooood Morning!!!! :)

Yesterday was a win for me. Getting closer to finding a center/surgeon that will take me as a patient and let me come weigh monthly. Meals planned and put into my fitness pal. Water and exercise were checked off. I think I'll just repeat it today!

I'm going to have leftover spaghetti sauce, make an ounce of barilla plus Pasta, and call it dinner. I'll have Protein Shakes for breakfast and lunch. I might even have a cup of cafe escapes. Ooooh, living on the edge!! I'll get my water in and do an exercise video with the family this evening.

After trying MANY Protein shakes, I settled on Syntrax Matrix. The milk chocolate and mint cookie are my normal flavors. I find if I mix them the night before and let the sit in the fridge, they're much better. What brand are you using? What have you found works best for you?

We are making it happen! I am loving this thread, having you all to check in with. I hope you are too. Have a dandy day!

Edited by s_suther

Today is a new day. I had acid reflux during the night but did manage to take and antacid tab and some juice. I resolved by sitting up an hour or so. Today is a gentle food plan day. I am doing a smoothy for breakfast and lunch and see how I react. Hoping to be on track for a brothy Soup at dinner if I am doing better. The question "Do I have something stuck" is in the back of my mind. " I need to be cautious with getting an unfill and then wanting it back right away. So far it is an uneventful day and I think this plan will help. Getting to the gym today is on my list! Hoping for all of you to make goals for today and keep up the good work! Glad you are here to share and strengthen each other!

Got to the gym for 50 minutes today, and decided I WILL get to the gym tomorrow morning before my flight. I was starting to feel anxiety about not getting to the gym several days in a row, bc I am ALWAYS afraid of falling back on my old "COUCH POTATO" lifestyle. So, I am committing to getting in that exercise tomorrow morning early, so that I will only miss Friday this week. Still struggling to get in all the Water, although I will try to drink several glasses tonight. Cottage cheese and fruit for lunch, chicken salad and homemade chicken Soup for dinner. How did everyone else do today? Meeting your goals?